2010 Ford Taurus spied

ManFord

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, and I think we'll see the details being more focused upon in the next few years, with MCEs, new launches, etc.. Are you referring to the "ledge" that sticks out over the two auxilary guages in the top of the guage cluster? I too am puzzled and dissapointed on that inclusion.

Yes and that's my point. You can put something on the car for looks but no real function yet short-change on functional items which are inconsistant. It is puzzling and it can irritate a potential buyer.

The one way to deal with this is for buyers to be pro-active and talk to their dealers and the company and say what bothers you. If Ford improves the issues being critizied for the MCE and new launches (e.g. 2009 Escape w/ improved seats and door inserts) they are on the right track.

Edited by Hugh

That interior shot has genuinely intrigued me. It's like Ford suddenly remembered how to design interiors again.

Having seen what I've seen, a Taurus might be in the cards. I want the ST/SHO/Sport/Snort-Thruster edition, and it has to deliver on the following criteria:

1) Available in a Midnight Blue color.

2) A combination of firm seats and a suspension that corners well and holds me in my seat, but doesn't rattle my brains on the highway.

3) Walter Mitty manual mode for the transmission, at a minimum. I'd die and go to heaven for a proper 6-speed "row it yourself" or a dual-clutch gearbox.

4) An AWD system that knows how to react when I'm playing on the twisty roads.

5) 20" rims that fill out the wheel wells and look good, and ARE NOT CHROME.

6) A nice exhaust sound, but a quiet highway ride

7) Can consistently deliver above 20 mpg on the highway.

8) An exterior trim selection that gets rid of almost all the chrome.

9) HID headlights and navigation

As for the REGULAR Taurus, here's what I'm looking for that will allow it to sell in adequate numbers:

1) You can get a well-equipped model between $25,000 and $30,000

2) There is at least one engine option that can deliver above 25 mpg on the highway

3) Quiet interior

4) Top quality

5) They advertise it

As for the REGULAR Taurus, here's what I'm looking for that will allow it to sell in adequate numbers:

2) There is at least one engine option that can deliver above 25 mpg on the highway

3) Quiet interior

4) Top quality

5) They advertise it

thats the current taurus except for the advertising part. hopefully the base price will drop about 1k for the next model but unlikely

3) Quiet interior

4) Top quality

5) They advertise it

Good call on both counts. The Sport/SHO/SVT/ST whatever should be different enough from the outside so as to be instantly recognizable from the "regular" Taurus. Ford must advertise the car. Compare it to the competition or just tout the features. Learn something from the 500/Taurus and tell us about more than the 5 star safety rating. Hell, if they aren't going to advertise Mercury then bring Jill Wagner over to Ford.

BTW I love the dash pics. Top notch design.

That interior shot has genuinely intrigued me. It's like Ford suddenly remembered how to design interiors again.

Having seen what I've seen, a Taurus might be in the cards. I want the ST/SHO/Sport/Snort-Thruster edition, and it has to deliver on the following criteria:

1) Available in a Midnight Blue color.

5) 20" rims that fill out the wheel wells and look good, and ARE NOT CHROME.

8) An exterior trim selection that gets rid of almost all the chrome.

9) HID headlights and navigation

Have you seen the Dark Ink Blue? I'm not sure if that's close to what you're thinking, it's very dark, it looks black most of the time.

I believe the Flex's 20s are not chromed, if Taurus' 20s were chromed, maybe you could get those, or maybe those will be what Ford offers.

I'll agree with that, there should at least be a chrome-delete option.

Well, I'd almost be 100% sure Nav will be available, and I'd think it's likely that HIDs will be available as well, since the spy shots showed projectors, and we know Ford doesn't (at least up to this point) use projectors for regular headlights.

I just hope the Taurus returns to 370,000 sales a year they had back in 1999, l can't say l will be to happy with a carbon copy of a Mondeo in the future, still thing are looking up the Taurus has sold 31,000 in the first six months of this year but you can't help but think Ford are making more money still from spares for 370,000 they made back in 1999, and how many jobs does building & supplying future spares 31,000 cars create.

Have you seen the Dark Ink Blue? I'm not sure if that's close to what you're thinking, it's very dark, it looks black most of the time.

I believe the Flex's 20s are not chromed, if Taurus' 20s were chromed, maybe you could get those, or maybe those will be what Ford offers.

I'll agree with that, there should at least be a chrome-delete option.

Well, I'd almost be 100% sure Nav will be available, and I'd think it's likely that HIDs will be available as well, since the spy shots showed projectors, and we know Ford doesn't (at least up to this point) use projectors for regular headlights.

Ford uses projector headlights WITHOUT HID's in the current Mercury Sable, Lincoln Zephyr/MkZ has projectors without HID (it's optional) and also MkX has adaptive projectors with no HID. Oh and one more, the Mercury Milan has non-HID projectors!

Ford uses projector headlights WITHOUT HID's in the current Mercury Sable, Lincoln Zephyr/MkZ has projectors without HID (it's optional) and also MkX has adaptive projectors with no HID. Oh and one more, the Mercury Milan has non-HID projectors!

My apologies, I meant Ford-specific products. No Ford badged product that I know of (in the US, at least) uses projectors without HIDs. The Flex has projectors when the HID/Lighting package is purchased and even then, to this point, it's the only US Ford to use projectors that I know of.

I know that several Mercury and Lincoln products use projector lenses without HIDs.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my earlier post.

After Flex, I fully expect HID's standard on Ford's Limited models. If a model is high up enough the chain to have a Limited trim - it should have HID's standard.

SEL in most models should have it optional.

Igor

After Flex, I fully expect HID's standard on Ford's Limited models. If a model is high up enough the chain to have a Limited trim - it should have HID's standard.

SEL in most models should have it optional.

Igor

I agree. The Lighting package, and thus HIDs is currently available on Flex SEL, if you didn't know.