Is a premium small car (b-car) now possible?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a related story, the Prius is soon to have the stamp "MADE IN THE USA" on it.

Toyota just announced that they will build the car in Mississippi...which, last I checked, is "north of the border".

lets hope they don't work them to death..........

Ok so I am hearing no b-car Linc as this would give all the blue hairs a heart attack and dear God we do not want to kill our last customers. And god forbid we create a Linc someone in their 30 who live in the city would want to drive.

SOOOOO is there a market for a err dare I say "premium" optioned/fit-finish Ford b-car? Will the Fiesta fit this ticket as some are saying or should Ford built a euro platform in the US to complete in the apparently niche market currently being eaten alive by mini, prius etc... Oh and screw the cnbc article, Ford has flex plants, whatever... :rolleyes: Stupid butt holes.

SOOOOO is there a market for a err dare I say "premium" optioned/fit-finish Ford b-car? Will the Fiesta fit this ticket as some are saying or should Ford built a euro platform in the US to complete in the apparently niche market currently being eaten alive by mini, prius etc... Oh and screw the cnbc article, Ford has flex plants, whatever... :rolleyes: Stupid butt holes.

A B car?

It would obviously have to share the Fiesta platform... but beyond that it would most likely have to be entirely different in order to be successful.

People might start to look at the definition of premium a little differently.

I think you can throw out the definition of premium when you are offering the consumer 40 + mpg combined?

Could premium be defined as a PHEV with a battery range of 50 miles? How about a PHEV with a diesel engine or a hybrid with a diesel engine? A natural gas ICE PHEV?

If the Volvo C30 got 40 mpg combined, IMO they would have no problem selling it.

Just because a vehicle gets 40+ mpgs doesn't mean the vehicle can't be a 'premium' vehicle. Premium doesn't have to equal bad to average fuel economy.

And of course you had to throw in PHEV, etc. in there.

BOLLOCKS.....the only ones even close....and they too are depreciated, are those with the carpool stickers which get grandfathered.....and ask yourself...WHY would one sell the "be all" if it was such a desirable vehicle to begin with.....I see you are ANOTHER nimrod that looks at craigslists and the like to summerize ASKING price.....we get MSRP on ALL our vehicles as well....whos the ninnie? quit the diesel colon cleansing mlhm, it obviously effects common sense.....

I hate those carpool/HOV lane stickers. I think it kinda defeats the purpose of having a Prius to go flying by people in the left lane going 80+.

VW knows how to get small diesels to comply with US regs. It's really only a challenge now with V-6 and larger in any case.

If Ford had been selling the Euro Focus and a smaller Fiesta class product as Mercury for a few years we wouldn't be waiting for the press release announcing the demise of the brand. But no, "Americans don't like expensive small cars." "Ford is not able to sell them at a profit here." Blah blah blah...

VW knows how to get small diesels to comply with US regs. It's really only a challenge now with V-6 and larger in any case.

If Ford had been selling the Euro Focus and a smaller Fiesta class product as Mercury for a few years we wouldn't be waiting for the press release announcing the demise of the brand. But no, "Americans don't like expensive small cars." "Ford is not able to sell them at a profit here." Blah blah blah...

This water-under-the-bridge crap is getting old. And this has been rehashed far too many times.

explains all of them V dub oil burners already on US roads..........

Edited by Deanh

explains all of them V dub oil burners already on US roads..........

Yup.

One reason diesel fuel prices don't seem to be hurting VW is that savvy consumers know that the previous diesel Jetta, a 2006 model that wasn't legal in California and several other states because it couldn't meet emissions standards, commands a hefty premium in the used car market, often selling at or above its new-car price.

Another is that those who are thinking beyond the price of a tank of fuel know that with a 30 percent or more fuel economy advantage over comparable gasoline models, the new clean diesels still provide an economic advantage.

Rehashed, and still on the wrong track...

Linc.........

; California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, and Vermont have all adopted stricter emissions regulations for diesels that bar some vehicles from entry. Using technology developed under the BlueTec

...last i looke...California was/ is THE biggest vehicular market in the States...........