• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a little czar info.....

The peculiar timing of Steven Rattner's departure as White House car czar has raised questions about the course of an investigation that has scrutinized his possible dealings with the New York state pension fund.

The probe into pay-to-play schemes, part of a long-running and wide-ranging investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission and New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, reportedly has intensified as Cuomo's office seeks additional documents from a firm Rattner co-founded.

"Obviously he's been a player" in the probe, said a source familiar with the investigation.

The source confirmed to FOXNews.com that Cuomo has sought documents from Rattner's former firm, Quadrangle Group, though it's unclear when the most recent requests were made.

NAP, ya gotta look on the bright side, at least he's not one of Obamas employees that didn't pay their taxes. :stirpot: :shades:

Here's a clever little video that illustrates the acceleration of our national debt under President Obama and the current Congress as compared to previous administrations going back to 1900:

(Not to be confused with my screen name . . . )

I don't believe this factors in the cost of the "Cap and Trade" and Healthcare reform bills (if enacted).

um, this comment may REALLY piss some people off, so i will semi apologize up front, but I get a lttle perturbed at a certain minority ( ????? for only a little while longer ) that I see on a daily basis that are pushing a pram with 4 more in tow, knowing full well that if they had STOPPED at two, the burden on society, and the FREE medicare extended to them, ( because they are single income ) would be HALVED.......maybe its different elsewhere, but California has a REAL immigration problem that is componded when they have families of 4 or more children...WHO PAYS FOR THEM???????

Edited by Deanh

This may explain why the obama admin is lost when it comes to economics...unbelievable!:

Larry Summers cites Google search as progress

The number of people searching

for the term “economic depression” on Google is down to normal levels, Summers said.

Link

Maybe next he'll use God of War III to determine strategy for Afghanistan!

Edited by napfirst

No CHANGE again

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9...;show_article=1

Congressional Democrats warned President Barack Obama on Tuesday that he sounded too much like George W. Bush when he declared this summer that the White House can ignore legislation he thinks oversteps the Constitution.

In a letter to the president, four senior House members said they were "surprised" and "chagrin ed" by Obama's statement in June accompanying a war spending bill that he would ignore restrictions placed on aid provided to the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.

Obama said he wouldn't allow the provisions to interfere with his authority as president to conduct foreign policy and negotiate with other governments.

The rebuff was reminiscent of Bush, who issued a record number of "signing statements" while in office. The statements put Congress on notice that the administration didn't feel compelled to comply with provisions of legislation that it felt challenged the president's authority as commander in chief.

Democrats, including Obama, sharply criticized Bush for his reliance on the statements. Obama said he would use them sparingly and only if authorized by the attorney general.

"During the previous administration, all of us were critical of the president's assertion that he could pick and choose which aspects of congressional statutes he was required to enforce," the lawmakers wrote. "We were therefore chagrined to see you appear to express a similar attitude."

Barack Obama ratings fall as polls show honeymoon may be over

A USA Today/Gallup survey suggested that six months into his presidency, his popularity was lower than George W Bush's at the same stage of his tenure.

Amid rising unemployment and falling confidence in his economic plans, Mr Obama's job approval rating has dropped by nine points since January to 55 per cent, a point below his predecessor in mid-2001.

It's worth pointing out that a single percentage point is well within the margin of error for almost any poll.

It most likely is.

It is also worth pointing out he is on the same path(if it's really any indication) as Bush who many say is the worst president ever.

We'll have to wait and see. It's only been 6 months and he's dealing with the most terrible circumstances possible. One thing is for sure though, he's certainly improved the way that people feel about the US around the world.

Yea. I read every day how the rest of the world respects us so much more now. The Russians, Iran, Israel, China, Japan.

Actually, I think 911 adn ~3000 dead that could have been 50k dead was just a little more difficult than an economic issue created by both sides over the last 100 years.

But, as you are a Canadian, and its just your view. As an American I know the truth about what is going on in the US. Does that sound familiar....