I was unable to watch his speech last night, I had some books to return to the library. This whole week has reminded me of the old Wendy's commerical when the lady ask; "Where's the Beef?" Alot of fluff but not much substance. Because Obama lacks the experience to be POTUS they attempted to prop him up with smoke and mirrors, hence the big speech in the stadium, like some type of rock star. The American people are smarter than that, they can see through this and see he doesn't have what it takes. I think they made their most desperate move the first night by bring on Ted Kennedy. My God, this man is dying with a brain tumor, having to go to the hospital before he could even give his speech, and yet in an attempt to cash-in on the Kennedy name they used him.

Now you have Jimmy Carter, the worse POTUS in the last 100 years, out there talking negatively about McCain's military service. Because Obama has no military service they are now trying to play down McCain's time as a POW, how low will they go? What they need to be doing is explaining Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.

Edited by Floyd Lawson

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was unable to watch his speech last night, I had some books to return to the library. This whole week has reminded me of the old Wendy's commerical when the lady ask; "Where's the Beef?" Alot of fluff but not much substance. Because Obama lacks the experience to be POTUS they attempted to prop him up with smoke and mirrors, hence the big speech in the stadium, like some type of rock star. The American people are smarter than that, they can see through this and see he doesn't have what it takes. I think they made their most desperate move the first night by bring on Ted Kennedy. My God, this man is dying with a brain tumor, having to go to the hospital before he could even give his speech, and yet in an attempt to cash-in on the Kennedy name they used him.

Now you have Jimmy Carter, the worse POTUS in the last 100 years, out there talking negatively about McCain's military service. Because Obama has no military service they are now trying to play down McCain's time as a POW, how low will they go? What they need to be doing is explaining Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.

Ok - so the Britney commercial worked on you, eh? I have to agree with you on attacking McCain's military service though. Enough of that kind of politics. I disagree with you however about Carter being the worst........ And I am old enough to remember double-digit everything and stagflation.

They're right! Exhibit 'A': mulewright.

You'd rather subject the American people to 4 more years of miserably failed policies - you'd rather continue down the road of assault on the constitution, of declining real wages and security, of growing income inequality, and rob the poor to feed the rich - than lose an argument and admit you were wrong. You'd cut off your own nose to spite your face. God, I hope there aren't a plurality of people like you left come November.

Give me an example of the "assault on the constitution"??

The declining of real wages and security is due to several things not the least of which are the Chinese trade agreement ( which was B Clintons baby) NAFTA ( again signed by B Clinton), overinflated real estate values, higher energy costs ( lies squarely on the shoulders of the democrats because of 30 years of fighting all efforts to allow the energy sources we have to be used)

The "rob the poor/ feed the rich" arguement is trotted out every 4 years by the Democrats, my point is that every time they go after the "rich" they hit me. The "rich " already pay most of the income taxes in this country anyhow.

I'd say as a whole we are. A country of 300 million and these two assclowns are the best we can come up with to lead us??????

Sounds like we have a sore loser here! So you think that the majority of the people are wrong and you have it right? What world do you live in?

I saw in both Bidens speech and Obama's tonight that he conveniently "forgot about the fact the he opposed the troop surge and wanted us to pull out in defeat", yet he claims he was right and the fact that we're pulling out now is evidence of that. These guys think the American people are stupid!

Apparently it has never occurred to you that having to have a "troop surge" was an admittance of bad judgment of troop strength - in the first place! Please advise of the time frame between the "Mission Accomplished" proclamation -- and the call for, and need for, the troop surge. Apparently you are not familiar with the term "judgment" and its ramifications.

It is going to be interesting to see whether there is going to be rendition of the "Swift boater" of 2004 (which was a complete hoax) -- and whether the real story of McCain's (personally I think that his constant POW stories and wearing of his Navy hat has been a big mistake) Naval record comes to light. I can guarantee you that the Obama/Biden campaign will not do it, but that doesn't mean that that separate organizations like the vietnam vets against McCain won't.

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

I wonder why he hasn't released his military records (like Kerry did in 2004).

Give me an example of the "assault on the constitution"??

Where to begin? The list is large. You would have to do some reading.

If you're up to it, try a Google search with "Bush constitutional violations" as the topic. Zillions of links.

Here's one: http://masonsays.blogspot.com/2006/07/cons...eorge-w_16.html "Constitutional Violations of George W. Bush"

And another, http://www.princeton.edu/~starr/articles/a...tution-3-06.htm "Bush v. Constitution"

And another, http://www.pocatelloshops.com/blogs/Journa...tics.php?id=174 "Bush's constitutional violations pose dilemma for Republicans"

I'd say as a whole we are. A country of 300 million and these two assclowns are the best we can come up with to lead us??????

It could be worse you could have a clown called Brown, Julius Obama Caesar your new emperor can't be any worse than Bushie look at the mess the country in at the moment no wonder the Arabs have bumped up the price of oil can't say l didn't see it coming.

Sounds like we have a sore loser here! So you think that the majority of the people are wrong and you have it right? What world do you live in?

In REALITY. Yes I do, most have been brought up with this BIG Government and think it's right. They both SUCK!!!!

P.S. Maybe you can enlighten me as to what makes either of them any good???

Apparently it has never occurred to you that having to have a "troop surge" was an admittance of bad judgment of troop strength - in the first place! Please advise of the time frame between the "Mission Accomplished" proclamation -- and the call for, and need for, the troop surge. Apparently you are not familiar with the term "judgment" and its ramifications.

It is going to be interesting to see whether there is going to be rendition of the "Swift boater" of 2004 (which was a complete hoax) -- and whether the real story of McCain's (personally I think that his constant POW stories and wearing of his Navy hat has been a big mistake) Naval record comes to light. I can guarantee you that the Obama/Biden campaign will not do it, but that doesn't mean that that separate organizations like the vietnam vets against McCain won't.

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

I wonder why he hasn't released his military records (like Kerry did in 2004).

His point was that the surge worked! When your guy said it wouldn't. Like drilling the dems have again ended up on the wrong side of a major issue, winning the war.

fae6220b-3c98-45df-a0e2-db127b25ed08img100.jpg

http://filmgordon.wordpress.com/2008/02/06...s-putney-swope/

Putney Swope (1969)

Stars: Arnold Johnson, Joe Madden, Antonio Fargas and Allen Garfield

Plot: When the chairman of an advertising firm drops dead, the only black man on the board is accidentally put in charge. He renames the company “Truth and Soul, Inc.” Swope replaces all but one of the white employees and insists they no longer accept business from companies that produce, war toys, or tobacco. The success of the business draws unwanted attention from the United States Government, which considers it “a threat to the national security.”

Rent it, buy it, whatever, just watch it. Marvellous flick. Check out the clip below.

http://my.spill.com/video/video/show?id=94...AVideo%3A162857

fae6220b-3c98-45df-a0e2-db127b25ed08img100.jpg

I will have to look out for that one Ed.

Can't help but notice that when Obama a had meeting with Detroits top brass, he said things have to change in the car industry he was greeted with a deafening silence when he said he wanted more super effiecient cars together with low C02 it can only mean one thing.

Obama DIESEL CARS 30% more fuel efficent means 30% less Arab Oil/Trade debt with 30-40% less C02 pumped out.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Here's some of his accomplishments.

The Best of All Possible Worlds, a piece of Panglossian Perfection!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Debt. Balance of payments. Sub-prime destruction of the financial system.

You should be proud of such a fine legacy, you'll be living with it for a long time, no matter who gets elected. We're talking damage.

I actually hope that McCain wins. These should be GOP problems to deal with. Maybe the solutions will "trickle down". :)

The Best of All Possible Worlds, a piece of Panglossian Perfection!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Debt. Balance of payments. Sub-prime destruction of the financial system.

You should be proud of such a fine legacy, you'll be living with it for a long time, no matter who gets elected. We're talking damage.

I actually hope that McCain wins. These should be GOP problems to deal with. Maybe the solutions will "trickle down". :)

I bet you do, the dems have been in control for almost 2 years and have done nothing.

I bet you do, the dems have been in control for almost 2 years and have done nothing.

A bare majority is not control. It takes 60 votes in the Senate to move legislation and 67 to override a veto. Bush and the Republicans spent like drunken sailors for 6 years. During that time Bush didn't veto a single spending bill. We are trillions of dollars in debt not counting the war which is off budget. Bush's legacy will be to have talked like a conservative while outspending a liberal.

It is facinating that the Republicans have been vilifying Ted Stevens and Don Young of Alaska as though they were from some other party. News Flash they are Republicans who weren't stopped until the Democrats won in '06. The more we learn about Sarah Palin, the less believable her claims to being a reformer are. She happily fed on the teat of earmarks provided by Stevens and Young until Alaska became the greedy laughingstock of the country.

McCain specifically listed the earmarks Palin got for Wasilla in his 2001 report of wasteful spending.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/f...,0,284198.story

Wasilla didn't get earmarks before Palin was elected mayor and hired Stevens' former chief of staff as a lobbyist to get earmark money. She left Wasilla $20 million in debt at the end of her term. Wasilla had no debt when she started.

Lastly there is the "Bridge to nowhere" that she supported when she ran for Governor and only turned against the project after the 2006 election when it became clear that the money wouldn't be approved.

A bare majority is not control. It takes 60 votes in the Senate to move legislation and 67 to override a veto. Bush and the Republicans spent like drunken sailors for 6 years. During that time Bush didn't veto a single spending bill. We are trillions of dollars in debt not counting the war which is off budget. Bush's legacy will be to have talked like a conservative while outspending a liberal.

It is facinating that the Republicans have been vilifying Ted Stevens and Don Young of Alaska as though they were from some other party. News Flash they are Republicans who weren't stopped until the Democrats won in '06. The more we learn about Sarah Palin, the less believable her claims to being a reformer are. She happily fed on the teat of earmarks provided by Stevens and Young until Alaska became the greedy laughingstock of the country.

McCain specifically listed the earmarks Palin got for Wasilla in his 2001 report of wasteful spending.

Wasilla didn't get earmarks before Palin was elected mayor and hired Stevens' former chief of staff as a lobbyist to get earmark money. She left Wasilla $20 million in debt at the end of her term. Wasilla had no debt when she started.

Lastly there is the "Bridge to nowhere" that she supported when she ran for Governor and only turned against the project after the 2006 election when it became clear that the money wouldn't be approved.

Mrs. Palin really has you libs worried. You should be. In a year when it was the Dems to lose, that's exactly what they are going to do.

Now Now, you know we can't talk about that.

Here's some of his accomplishments.

The Calamity of Bush's Conservatism

Consider Bush. He has not only broken election promises and trampled on American liberties, he hasn't done a single decent thing for this country. And what he has done contradicts all of the values he said he would uphold both times he tricked people into voting for him.

I wish I could report that this wasn't his intention. And yet even from his first day in office, he spoke to aides about his priority of going to war on Iraq – a country hardly mentioned during his first presidential campaign.

Here's another example.

Just after Bush took office, David Frum, then a White House speechwriter, was part of a policy meeting with the new president. They were discussing the energy policy of the new administration. Recall that in those days, gasoline cost less than a dollar a gallon. Frum had the idea that it would be a political victory to drive down the price. He suggested the Bush use the phrase "cheap energy" to describe his goal.

Frum writes in his memoirs about what happened next. Bush "gave me a sharp, squinting look, as if he were trying to decide whether I was the very stupidest person he had heard from all day." He might have added that profits in the oil business – which is the business that this government cares most about – were growing thinner.

Cheap energy, he answered, was how we got into this mess.

What mess? Bush explained to Frum that regular Americans were buying too many SUVs and using too much gasoline and not paying enough for it. His answer was not to make energy cheaper, but to make it more expensive.

Congratulations, Mr. President. Your wars, your regulations, your disruption of the international economy, and your failure to open up the industry to anyone other than your friends has resulted in quadrupling the price of gasoline!

Of course, Bush's success comes at our expense. All of his successes have come at our expense. In fact, that last sentence might as well be the theme of his entire presidency.

Of course, he didn't campaign on the promise of making our lives more miserable. Let's take a look back and see what his slogans were.

Do you remember the phrase "compassionate conservatism"?

He said in an early speech that the phrase came from his insight that broken lives can only be rebuilt by another caring, concerned human being. From this he developed what he called a "bold new approach." He would use government to care for us and to love us and to fix our broken lives. He alone would do this as head of state.

Few knew at the time that this simple phrase "compassionate conservatism" masked a dangerous, Messianic ambition. Some wires had gotten crossed in his brain. He began to see himself as God's instrument on earth.

Here is another phrase from early in his presidency. Bush was going to create "an ownership society." Some commentators were stupid enough to believe that this meant that he would privatize things and give back control to the people.

To those who bought this line, I have only this to say: You Got Owned.

Remember the phrase, "humble foreign policy"? Coming from Bush, that sounds about as ridiculous as the phrase "peaceful war," except that he seems to believe in that too.

His delirium is like an infection. It spreads. After all, Bush supporters are the people who continue, even to this day, to talk about their amazing tactical successes in Afghanistan and Iraq. Another former Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson, in his new book, calls Iraq a "swift and humane success."

If such claims do not qualify as Orwellian, I don't know what the word means.