• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought you were bored, but it does seem that you are confused.

This may help.

No confusion here, maybe you're a little confused...

In August 1998, President Clinton ordered missile strikes against targets in Afghanistan in an effort to hit Osama bin Laden, who had been linked to the embassy bombings in Africa (and was later connected to the attack on the USS Cole). The missiles reportedly missed bin Laden by a few hours, and Clinton was widely criticized by many who claimed he had ordered the strikes primarily to draw attention away from the Monica Lewinsky scandal. As John F. Harris wrote in The Washington Post:

In August 1998, when [Clinton] ordered missile strikes in an effort to kill Osama bin Laden, there was widespread speculation — from such people as Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) — that he was acting precipitously to draw attention away from the Monica S. Lewinsky scandal, then at full boil. Some said he was mistaken for personalizing the terrorism struggle so much around bin Laden. And when he ordered the closing of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House after domestic terrorism in Oklahoma City, some Republicans accused him of hysteria.

. . . the federal budget on anti-terror activities tripled during Clinton's watch, to about $6.7 billion. After the effort to kill bin Laden with missiles in August 1998 failed — he had apparently left a training camp in Afghanistan a few hours earlier — recent news reports have detailed numerous other instances, as late as December 2000, when Clinton was on the verge of unleashing the military again. In each case, the White House chose not to act because of uncertainty that intelligence was good enough to find bin Laden, and concern that a failed attack would only enhance his stature in the Arab world.

. . . people maintain Clinton should have adapted Bush's policy promising that regimes that harbor terrorism will be treated as severely as terrorists themselves, and threatening to evict the Taliban from power in Afghanistan unless leaders meet his demands to produce bin Laden and associates. But Clinton aides said such a policy — potentially involving a full-scale war in central Asia — was not plausible before politics the world over became transformed by one of history's most lethal acts of terrorism.

Clinton's former national security adviser, Samuel R. Berger . . . said there [was] little prospect . . . that Pakistan would have helped the United States wage war against bin Laden or the Taliban in 1998, even after such outrages as the bombing of U.S. embassies overseas.

And the democratic congress approval rating is what?

It's bad, as it should be. They cannot get anything accomplished with Bush vetoing everything or the Republicans blocking things in the Senate. Once Obama is president, then the congress will finally be able to get some work done. Bush's approval rating is nothing to brag about either...

No confusion here, maybe you're a little confused...

It's bad, as it should be. They cannot get anything accomplished with Bush vetoing everything or the Republicans blocking things in the Senate. Once Obama is president, then the congress will finally be able to get some work done. Bush's approval rating is nothing to brag about either...

Nancy Pelosi promised she was going to change things, nothing has happened. She promised an energy policy, have you seen anything besides no drilling? Put the blame where it belongs, on the Democrats. Don't you remember the 2006 elections?

Nancy Pelosi promised she was going to change things, nothing has happened. She promised an energy policy, have you seen anything besides no drilling? Put the blame where it belongs, on the Democrats. Don't you remember the 2006 elections?

More right wing talking points, do you just repeat everything Daddy Rush says?

The Democrats only have a majority in the House, but it's not a veto busting majority. Plus the Democrats in the Senate only has a slim 1 vote majority, and that's only if you count two independents that have promised to caucus with the Democrats, one of them being Lieberman! They get veto'ed and blocked by Republicans on everything they try to do. What did you expect them to do? Impeach Bush? End the war? Institute an energy policy that Bush & the Republicans in congress would approve?

I HOPE things will CHANGE come this November...

The Democrats only have a majority in the House, but it's not a veto busting majority. Plus the Democrats in the Senate only has a slim 1 vote majority, and that's only if you count two independents that have promised to caucus with the Democrats, one of them being Lieberman! They get veto'ed and blocked by Republicans on everything they try to do. What did you expect them to do? Impeach Bush? End the war? Institute an energy policy that Bush & the Republicans in congress would approve?

Just one observation about when they said they would end the war, what happened??? They hold the power of the purse, all they would of had to do was cut off funding.

I might suggest to you, since you dismiss everything to right wing talking points or Rush (typical liberal behavior) that you google Ms. Pelosi and you can get her exact quotes, still not sure you'd believe it then. You must listen to Rush, you're always quoting him.

Just one observation about when they said they would end the war, what happened??? They hold the power of the purse, all they would of had to do was cut off funding.

You & I both know cutting off the funding, while being effective, would be political suicide. Democrats would be accused of trying to hurt the troops, being un-American, etc. Although they have that option, it's not a realistic one, at least at this point.

I might suggest to you, since you dismiss everything to right wing talking points or Rush (typical liberal behavior) that you google Ms. Pelosi and you can get her exact quotes, still not sure you'd believe it then. You must listen to Rush, you're always quoting him.

You are right in the fact that Pelosi has not done what she "promised" to do, and that is disappointing. And because of it, she may not get re-elected. I mostly listen to NASCAR 128 on my Sirius, but I do flip back and forth between the Left & Right talk show channels. A lot of stuff you say is almost verbatim to the things I hear on right wing radio shows. Kind of sad really...

You & I both know cutting off the funding, while being effective, would be political suicide. Democrats would be accused of trying to hurt the troops, being un-American, etc. Although they have that option, it's not a realistic one, at least at this point.

You are right in the fact that Pelosi has not done what she "promised" to do, and that is disappointing. And because of it, she may not get re-elected. I mostly listen to NASCAR 128 on my Sirius, but I do flip back and forth between the Left & Right talk show channels. A lot of stuff you say is almost verbatim to the things I hear on right wing radio shows. Kind of sad really...

Finally you admit she has some failing. And your excuses are poor for not ending the war, so what you're saying is that they have done the most politically expedient thing AFTER they won the elections? And no need for you to be sad. Ever wonder why there are at least 3 conserative talk shows as opposed to 1liberal? It's called the free market, the conserative shows are more profitable. And the reason is that more people listen. Tell me why you think that is.

Edited by Floyd Lawson

Finally you admit she has some failing. And your excuses are poor for not ending the war, so what you're saying is that they have done the most politically expedient thing AFTER they won the elections? And no need for you to be sad. Ever wonder why there are at least 3 conserative talk shows as opposed to 1liberal? It's called the free market, the conserative shows are more profitable. And the reason is that more people listen. Tell me why you think that is.

When did I say she didn't? If my excuses are poor, what would you say about congress if they cut the funding off? There are many Progressive talk radio shows & stations on satellite & terrestrial radio and it grows everyday. I guess the free market is working.

When did I say she didn't? If my excuses are poor, what would you say about congress if they cut the funding off? There are many Progressive talk radio shows & stations on satellite & terrestrial radio and it grows everyday. I guess the free market is working.

I have Sirrus, and know of only 1 on there. Why do you think Rush just got a contract for $400 M? Because no one listens or likes what they hear on there. Ever wonder why FOX news always leads in cable news rating? It's because MORE (there's that free trade thing again) people watch and human nature being as it is, most watch because there's something there they like. The liberals in this country are scared to death of conserative talk radio, why do you think they want to bring back the fairness doctrine? That's why whenever you enter into a discussion with a liberal the first thing they do is accuse you of listening to Rush or Hannity, like there's something wrong with that.

I have Sirrus, and know of only 1 on there. Why do you think Rush just got a contract for $400 M? Because no one listens or likes what they hear on there. Ever wonder why FOX news always leads in cable news rating? It's because MORE (there's that free trade thing again) people watch and human nature being as it is, most watch because there's something there they like. The liberals in this country are scared to death of conserative talk radio, why do you think they want to bring back the fairness doctrine? That's why whenever you enter into a discussion with a liberal the first thing they do is accuse you of listening to Rush or Hannity, like there's something wrong with that.

There's Left 146 and there is "Inde Talk" and a GLBT channel that both tend to be more Progressive then Conservative. Plus the Fox News channel on Sirius plays Colmes' radio talk show as well. If you believe people listen & watch something only because they "like" it, here's something to think about. When Howard Stern was still on terrestrial radio, he had a number 1 rated talk show. But, most of listeners were not fans, in fact most deposed him, but they only listened to see what he would do next. What do you think of that?

You do listen to Rush, right?

Edited by NLPRacing

There's Left 146 and there is "Inde Talk" and a GLBT channel that both tend to be more Progressive then Conservative. Plus the Fox News channel on Sirius plays Colmes' radio talk show as well. If you believe people listen & watch something only because they "like" it, here's something to think about. When Howard Stern was still on terrestrial radio, he had a number 1 rated talk show. But, most of listeners were not fans, in fact most deposed him, but they only listened to see what he would do next. What do you think of that?

You do listen to Rush, right?

I honestly don't think that's the case with Rush or Hannity and neither do you. I occasionally listen to Rush if I'm on the road and he's in that particular market, which is most.

i find little difference in the republicrooks and the dumbacrats and whne you consider the electoral college does it matter who we vote for?

evil thrives when good people do nothing.

and those evil gas prices are here to stay

so keep on keeping on

hunting

SUV'ing

not reading

not paying attention

or pointing your finger

as the others point back

America a great republic of capitalist splendor

Europe is in the grip of Obama-mania at the moment he gave a speach today in Berlin saying he was going to hit the causes of Global Warming hard so it looks like tougher CO2 legislation will see be coming for the Auto industry, he wants to reduce C02 by 80% in the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-come-down.html

Daily Mail reports beware Obamania

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...Tony-Blair.html

And I want to bang Megan Fox. Something tells me my dream would be easier to fulfill.

The chick from Transformers, nice choice. I think Gore will get 100% reduction in CO2 before your girlfriend approves your "banging" of Megan Fox... :hysterical:

BTW - You can't mention someone that hot and not post a pic...

megan-fox-panties.jpg

Obama's $845 billion U.N. plan forwarded to U.S. Senate floor

The U.S. Senate soon could debate whether you, your spouse and each of your children – as well as your in-laws, parents, grandparents, neighbors and everyone else in America – each will spend $2,500 or more to reduce poverty around the world.

The plan sponsored by Sen. Barack Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, is estimated to cost the U.S. some $845 billion over the coming few years in an effort to raise the standard of living around the globe.

Objections have remained strong. Duane Lester, writing at the All American blogger, warned that the U.S. has yet to be able to win its own war on poverty.

"On January 8, 1964, President Lyndon Johnson declared "all-out war on human poverty and unemployment in these United States." This "all-out war" would last through the presidencies of Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W. Bush. We have spent billions of dollars fighting this war, and what have we achieved?"

He continued, "Very little. In 1964, there were 36 million Americans living in poverty, or about 19 percent of the population. In the 40 years between 1964 and 2004: ... poverty never measured less than 11 percent of the population. In 1983, under President Reagan, poverty registered 15.2 percent; in 1993, at the beginning of Bill Clinton's presidency, poverty was measured at 13.7 percent of the population. In 2004, under George W. Bush, a president often accused by the political Left as not caring about the poor, the poverty rate declined to 12.7 percent. Still, some 37 million Americans remain poor."

Despite that performance, "Obama is ready to take the fight global," said Lester.

The chick from Transformers, nice choice. I think Gore will get 100% reduction in CO2 before your girlfriend approves your "banging" of Megan Fox... :hysterical:

BTW - You can't mention someone that hot and not post a pic...

megan-fox-panties.jpg

I want to look at that tattoo REALLY close. :shades:

Oh, yeah... Obama sounds even more blacker every day. Now he has to deal with that rap crap gangsta shit spinner Ludacris and his pro-Obama sounding garbage. Heard about that controversy yet? You will be judged for the company you keep and by the way Obama is going. His campaign is about ready to be flushed down D-TOILET. Why do I say D-TOILET? Because if you want a perfect example on why you shouldn't vote for Obama. Look there first! Because if that's what people will want in this country. King Kwame was a perfect example of a bright, young, fresh politican too.

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

• 2 weeks later...

Obama's 'Not Exactly's':

1.) Selma Got Me Born - NOT EXACTLY, your parents felt safe enough to

have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was

in 1965. (Google 'Obama Selma' for his full March 4, 2007 speech and

articles about its various

untruths.)

2.) Father Was A Goat Herder - NOT EXACTLY, he was a privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.

3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter - NOT EXACTLY, he was part of

one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.

4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - NOT EXACTLY, your

cousin Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to

overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya . It is the first

widespread violence in decades. The current government is

pro-American but Odinga wants to overthrow it and establish Muslim

Sharia law. Your half-brother, Abongo Oba ma, is Odinga's follower.

You interrupted your New Hampshirecampaigning to speak to Odinga on

the phone. Check out the following link for verification of

that....and for more.

Obama's cousin Odinga in Kenya ran for president and tried to get

Sharia Muslim law in place there. When Odinga lost the elections,

his followers have burned Christians' homes and then burned men,

women and children alive in a Christian church where they took

shelter.. Obama SUPPORTED his cousin before the election process here started. Google Obama and Odinga and see what you get. No one wants

to know the truth.

5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian - NOT EXACTLY, she

does her daily Salat prayers at 5 AM, according to her own

interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn't allow her to have

been one of 14 wives to 1 man.

6.) My Name is African Swahili - NOT EXACTLY, your name is Arabic and

'Baraka' (from which Barack came) means 'blessed' in that language.

Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama. Barack Hussein Obama is not

half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American

President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50%

Caucasian from his mother's side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African

Negro from his father's side. While Barack Hussein Obama's father was

from Kenya , his father's family was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein

Obama's father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his

father's birth certificate even states he's Arab, not African Negro).

From....and for more....go to.....

http://www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?...seinObama-Arab-

American,only6.2525_African

7.) I Never Practiced Islam - NOT EXACTLY, you practiced it daily at

school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that faith

for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so you could run for

office.

4-3-08 Article 'Obama was 'quite religious in

Islam's' http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=60559

8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian - NOT EXACTLY, you were

registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for

making faces (check your own book). February 28, 2008. Kristoff from

the New York Times a year ago: Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines

of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent.

In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it'll

give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to

prayer as 'one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.' This is

just one example of what Pamela is talking about when she says

'Obama's narrative is being altered, enhanced and manipulated to

whitewash troubling facts.'

9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian - NOT EXACTLY, not one teacher says

you could speak the language.

10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia , I Have More Foreign Experience

- NOT EXACTLY, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn't

even speak the language. What did you learn, how to study the Koran

and watch cartoons.

11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs - NOT EXACTLY, except for

Africa (surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise), you have

never been anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience

with our closest allies.

12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion - NOT EXACTLY, you

were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no mention

of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify - your classmates

said you were just fine.

13.) An Ebony Article Moved Me To Run For Office - NOT EXACTLY, Ebony

has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and

never did, exist.

14.) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life - NOT

EXACTLY, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your book.

It doesn't, and never did, exist.

15.) I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08 - NOT EXACTLY, here you

are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have enough

experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.

16.) Voting 'Present' is Common In Illinois Senate - NOT EXACTLY,

they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.

17.) Oops, I Misvoted - NOT EXACTLY, only when caught by church

groups and Democrats, did you beg to change your misvote.

18.) I Was A Professor Of Law - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior

lecturer ON LEAVE.

19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior

lecturer ON LEAVE.

20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - NOT EXACTLY, you

didn't write it, introduce it, change it, or create it.

21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass - NOT EXACTLY, it took just 14

days from start to finish.

22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill - NOT EXACTLY, your bill was

rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of

all regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear donor, Exelon, from

which David Axelrod came.

23.) I Have Released My State Records - NOT EXACTLY, as of March,

2008, state bills you sponsored or voted for have yet to be released,

exposing all the special interests pork hidden within.

24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens Mess - NOT EXACTLY, you

were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld Gardens .

You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.

25.) My Economics Bill Will Help America - NOT EXACTLY, your 111

economic policies were just combined into a proposal which lost 99-0,

and even YOU voted against you r own bill.

26.) I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois - NOT EXACTLY, even your

own supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.

27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year - NOT EXACTLY, they were

not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their creation by a

fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher office.

28.) No One on my campaign contacted Canada about NAFTA - NOT

EXACTLY, the Canadian Government issued the names and a memo of the

conversation your campaign had with them.

29.) I Am Tough On Terrorism - NOT EXACTLY, you missed the Iran

Resolution vote on terrorism and your good friend Ali Abunimah

supports the destruction off Israel .

30.) I Want All Votes To Count - NOT EXACTLY, you said let the

delegates decide.

31.) I Want Americans To Decide - NOT EXACTLY, you prefer caucuses

that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and

only operate during small windows of time.

32.) I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate - NOT EXACTLY, you passed

26, most of which you didn't write yourself.

33.) I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics - NOT EXACTLY, you used

tactics to eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you.

34.) I Don't Take PAC Money - NOT EXACTLY, you take loads of it.

35.) I don't Have Lobbyists - NOT EXACTLY, you have over 47

lobbyists, and counting.

36.) My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad - NOT EXACTLY,

your own campaign worker made the ad on his Apple in one afternoon.

37.) I Have Always Been Against Iraq - NOT EXACTLY, you weren't in

office to vote against it AND you have voted to fund it every single

time.

38.) I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care - NOT EXACTLY,

your plan leaves us all to pay for the 15,000,000 who don't have to

buy it.