2010 Honda Insight spied

rmc523

http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-insight.html

They've spied the Insight, Honda's version of the Prius. They look about the same from the rear (ugly) I don't know why that rear design seems to = Hybrid in Japanese designer's minds. The front doesn't appear to look that bad, although it kinda looks VW-ish to me, and where have I seen that grille before? Ironically enough, look at the 9th picture, there is an Edge of all things, following the Insight.

In addition to recycling the Insight name, Honda is also expected to equip the new hybrid with the same 1.3L Integrated Motor Assist system found in the current-generation Honda Civic Hybrid.
"One Honda insider told Edmunds the Insight’s fuel economy would be “insane”, with some Japanese sources predicting mileage as high as 71 mpg"

Ok, just like the Prius got 60mpgs.

"Insight could list from as little as $19,000 – undercutting the Toyota Prius by thousands of dollars"
Edited by rmc523

They're all shaped like that because its the most efficient profile for aerodynamics.

Yeah, sure........that's why the previous Insight and EV-1 look so much like the Prius too LOL.

No, Honda realized the Insight and Cvic Hybrid were either unpractical or not distinctive enough. Honda's going to out-Prius the Prius by rubber stamping it.

Yeah, sure........that's why the previous Insight and EV-1 look so much like the Prius too LOL.

No, Honda realized the Insight and Cvic Hybrid were either unpractical or not distinctive enough. Honda's going to out-Prius the Prius by rubber stamping it.

Great looking cars these two are:

hondainsight.jpg

gm_ev1.jpg

[/sarcasm]

Edited by rmc523

Yeah, the rear end is a boat-tail design like that to clean up the airflow around the rear of the vehicle and reduce the turbulence behind the rear that tends to cause drag. It doesn't do anything for handling, especially at high speeds, which is why you don't see race cars designed like that a lot.

Given that this vehicle is based on a modestly stretched Fit platform, it should be somewhat smaller and lighter than the Prius. The Honda second gen powerpack (they are recycling the pack from the civic hybrid with a control system upgrade and more engine improvements) is also likely to be more efficient than the current Prius setup as well. This means that they should easily see a 10-20% improvement over the prius numbers, which could have them hitting the low to mid 50s or better for achieved city mileage (which compares to the mid 40s for most reported prius owners).

Yeah, the rear end is a boat-tail design like that to clean up the airflow around the rear of the vehicle and reduce the turbulence behind the rear that tends to cause drag. It doesn't do anything for handling, especially at high speeds, which is why you don't see race cars designed like that a lot.

Given that this vehicle is based on a modestly stretched Fit platform, it should be somewhat smaller and lighter than the Prius. The Honda second gen powerpack (they are recycling the pack from the civic hybrid with a control system upgrade and more engine improvements) is also likely to be more efficient than the current Prius setup as well. This means that they should easily see a 10-20% improvement over the prius numbers, which could have them hitting the low to mid 50s or better for achieved city mileage (which compares to the mid 40s for most reported prius owners).

LOLZ

Shut up negatard, stop trolling mmmkay? Honda SUX get on wit da program.

FORD4LIFE!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!111!1!11!!! :cheerleader:

I hope that's sarcasm I'm sensing.

But of course.....I'll add an [/sarcasm] to that post.

I don't know if he's being sarcastic or not, but I think the Prius is uglier by far.

Uglier than the Insight? I agree, at least from what we can currently see, and yes, I was being sarcastic.

Edited by rmc523

LOLZ

Shut up negatard, stop trolling mmmkay? Honda SUX get on wit da program.

FORD4LIFE!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!111!1!11!!! :cheerleader:

I didn't see any Honda support in that post, it looks to me like he was just stating facts.

Edited by rmc523

Whats up with Honda and loveing OTHER car makers Design???

rear of the old Civic = wants to be a Focus

3 bar grill

Pilot is jeep looking from the side.

WHY!?!?!?!?!

I definetly agree! The pilot says Jeep (new Liberty comes to mind) all over it to me, especially the side (as you mentioned), but the rear looks like a combo of Liberty and Pathfinder......the front, I don't know who came up with that.