KTP to get the F-150 and econoline van too

ktpworker69

back in 1999 our order bank was over 200,000

hey dumb ass what the order bank was and what you can build is to differnt things we know how you ktp guys count, so how is your sister and yall's i did get that right yall's kids.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible. KTP would have to have a capacity close to 750,000 to 1 million vehicles per year for that to happen, considering you would be building the

F-150

Super Duties

Expedition

Navigator

Econolines

If Ford's volumes of those products dropped so low that they could all be build at one assembly plant, Ford would be closed.

ktp probably does have the capacity to build all this. its not being used right now,but theres lots of empty space in that plant.

hey dumb ass what the order bank was and what you can build is to differnt things we know how you ktp guys count, so how is your sister and yall's i did get that right yall's kids.

Hey bitch! I hear your sister is so ugly she could'nt get laid in a prison with a handful of pardons. And yall's kids are so ugly that the bitch had to be drunk to breast feed them.

Hey bitch! I hear your sister is so ugly she could'nt get laid in a prison with a handful of pardons. And yall's kids are so ugly that the bitch had to be drunk to breast feed them.

man don't let our family secrets out but only 1 of those ugly bastards are mine the rest are yours and of course 2 of my nephews are my brothers also thinks to you and mom how did you explain that on fathers day.

ktp probably does have the capacity to build all this. its not being used right now,but theres lots of empty space in that plant.

No way. Seriously. Think about it. When Ford was selling 900k+ F-series trucks a year, they had FOUR plants building them. DTP, KCAP, NAP, and KTP. If they only needed one plant for all of those, three plants would have been closed long ago.

Hey guys and gals,

heres was I've got on this. If we at KTP run 3 crews 10hrs a day 90jph. Thats 900 a shift But lets say 800 a shift with down time and lunch. That would be 6 days a week with 2 crews and 1 shift on sunday night. Lets say 10,200 units a week this number could be high or in the middle depending how well we run. After Vacation and holidays whats that 6 weeks off a year? Give or take!! Thats 46 weeks of work Xs 10,200 units a week = 475,200 Trucks a year. We cant do much more then that. Plus Ford will leave a little unused Capacity for an upswing in the economy.

Thats all I have

Stop trying to place the transit anywhere but OHAP.Thats where its going,its been made clear over and over again.Transit to OHAP. period!

AGAIN.

"Econoline, Transit: After decades of flirting with the idea, Ford plans to move to a single global full-size van platform. The van, code-named V363, will be based on the Transit van now sold in Europe. The Transit is available in a variety of sizes and configurations, including FWD and RWD.

The North American Transit is expected to go into production for the 2012 model year at Ford's assembly plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, which now produces the E-Series van. The E-Series, also called the Econoline, is expected to be discontinued when U.S. production of the Transit begins.

Sources said Ford expects global Transit volume of between 400,000 and 500,000 vans annually."

Go back to 2002 on autonews web site is had Ford's future production as follows

New replacement for the Taurus (Fusion) and new "Family Hauler"(EDGE) going to Atlanta and we all know what happened there.

also go to 1999 contract cleve plant #1 to get new engine well its still producing 0 right now. go to 2007 contract plant #1 is to get ADDITIONAL engine work and Lima was to remain the same at 2 shifts well FACT is Lima is getting a 3rd shift and plant#1 is on hold indefinently

And 400K to 500K was the world production for the transitt and transitt connect so no Avon aint gettin 500K vans of production.Between the 3 plants if it is 3 plants its 400-500K. Transitt is #1 in Europe every year and its made in Turkey!!

So it's not a done deal that's all Im saying!!! Ford has too many assembly plants 3-4 have to go according to what i've heard from the stock guys on TV and Newspaper.

And I hope Avon gets it I'd hate to look out my window and see an empty factory back there and besides my taxes would go way up in avon Lake without Ford!! AKA see Lorain without Ford. According to what there councilman said its a dump.

Edited by CSMJ

I gotta get off here for a while before i gouge my own eyes out!

Guess no one read the fine print of Mulally's letter..... "All this is based on speculation of the market IT'S SUBJECT TO CHANGE"

Just be happy your working now and forget about who get's what :finger:

Edited by mule

actually its ya'll .....being a conjunction for you all

by the way, its tennessee and west virginia that fuck thier sisters, we only fuck our cousins

by the way, its tennessee and west virginia that fuck thier sisters, we only fuck our cousins

I'm not gonna lie, I have this one cousin I would bone the heck out of if I ever got the chance!! :happy feet:

I'm not gonna lie, I have this one cousin I would bone the heck out of if I ever got the chance!! :happy feet:

i rest my case glad to be from the great white north

No way. Seriously. Think about it. When Ford was selling 900k+ F-series trucks a year, they had FOUR plants building them. DTP, KCAP, NAP, and KTP. If they only needed one plant for all of those, three plants would have been closed long ago.

Amen brother. :banghead:

Guess no one read the fine print of Mulally's letter..... "All this is based on speculation of the market IT'S SUBJECT TO CHANGE"

Just be happy your working now and forget about who get's what :finger:

Ah, some one with common sense, yep, you have to read all material, that means don't stop at the first paragraph.

I didn't see anything in the press release about what happened to the production at the Cuautitlan Plant with the production of the F-650 and F-750's. It makes sense to move it at KTP.

Plus, will they cancel laying off the 300 people with the Navigator and Expediton coming to KTP?

Ford doesn't actually build the F-650 and F-750 anymore. A couple of years ago International started building them for us in their Escabedo, Mexico plant, along with the Ford LCF, so the changes at Cautitlan won't affect it. However, Ford and International seem to be cutting ties. If International stops building them for Ford, and Ford decides to stick with building Class 6 & Class 7 trucks, it would be a good chance KTP could build them once again, but that is probably at least 3 years away if they did it -- but it's possible. The only down side is that the F-650 and F-750 are low volume, but I guess a thousand units a month is still a thousand units a month. I'm not sure how these sell outside of the U.S., but here are their sales numbers within the U.S.. In 2006 Ford sold 14,451, in 2007 it dropped down to 11,282. This year they are down over 46%, so they might sell 6,000 of them.

Impossible. KTP would have to have a capacity close to 750,000 to 1 million vehicles per year for that to happen, considering you would be building the

F-150

Super Duties

Expedition

Navigator

Econolines

If Ford's volumes of those products dropped so low that they could all be build at one assembly plant, Ford would be closed.

KTP was running about 400,000 on one line a couple years ago, and we have room for at least 2 assembly lines. 750,000 is possible but 1,000,000 would be a stretch. In reality, I think they will target this plant for 500,000 units give or take about 100,000. KCAP has less floor space and they built around 550,000 a year or two ago.

I was hoping that KTP may get the Econoline when Ohio gets the Transit, but all indications are Ford will cancel the Econoline when they pick up the Transit here in the U.S.. The Transit ranges from 1/2 ton up to full 1 ton set-ups just like the Econoline, so I don't think there is going to be a need for 2 of the same thing. Although, I would like to be wrong about that.

Watch for the F150 and econoline van to move to KTP as well. The econoline van will run with the super duty on chassis line 1 and the Expedition, Navigator, and the F150 will run together on chassis line 2.

Let's see...KTP will start assembling the following vehicles: E-150, 250, 350, F-150, 250, 350, 450, 550, Ford Expedition AND Lincoln Navigator. Does anybody else besides me realize that there is currently only one line in Trim? Something's not quite right with this... :rolleyes:

Let's see...KTP will start assembling the following vehicles: E-150, 250, 350, F-150, 250, 350, 450, 550, Ford Expedition AND Lincoln Navigator. Does anybody else besides me realize that there is currently only one line in Trim? Something's not quite right with this... :rolleyes:

But they do have 2 chassis lines ;)

I have not seen the old trim line as of late, but how long would it take to get it up and running by the first of the year? and i know theres been a lot of bickering on here about us getting the products, and no one is losing jobs on this product move, of this i would just like to say HUGS to all my fellow KTPers and LAPers accross town for are great news its been a long wait through all the rumors and stories..............

TOASTS to all !!!!!!

But they do have 2 chassis lines ;)

I think what the other poster was trying to explain is that it creates a bottleneck. Either they expand the other lines or cut them. Now like wixom did with the LS going off the main chassis line and then connect back on might be a good idea but it still creates a bottleneck at a higher line speed. Time study is so cool..

I think what the other poster was trying to explain is that it creates a bottleneck. Either they expand the other lines or cut them. Now like wixom did with the LS going off the main chassis line and then connect back on might be a good idea but it still creates a bottleneck at a higher line speed. Time study is so cool..

I understood what he said notice the wink at the end, and we don't call it time study anymore it's MODAPTS if were going to be serious about everything. :doh:

The only reason mass production numbers of 700,000 and 1 million haven't been done at a plant is because they have been making money with a terrible managing setup and nobody cared. Now we have to use as much in as little to make money to survive. It should have been done a long time ago, but it is the American auto way. It is changing now to what it should be, full capacity. KTP is big enough to put those numbers out. A big retooling and we can do it.

I was hoping that KTP may get the Econoline when Ohio gets the Transit, but all indications are Ford will cancel the Econoline when they pick up the Transit here in the U.S.. The Transit ranges from 1/2 ton up to full 1 ton set-ups just like the Econoline, so I don't think there is going to be a need for 2 of the same thing. Although, I would like to be wrong about that.

You're right. Ford is going to one worldwide model. This is a piece from an article in Friday's Plain Dealer

Ford Loses 8.7 Billion

"Although it was not on the list of the company's short-term plans, Ford also confirmed long-rumored plans to scrap the aging Econoline van series produced at the Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake.

By 2013, the company will go from four commercial van models worldwide to only one. Analysts have predicted that Ford will bring the European Transit van to the Avon Lake plant as early as 2010. The contract reached between Ford and the United Auto Workers last year called for Avon Lake to get a new product by 2011.

Edited by econolineman

You're right. Ford is going to one worldwide model. This is a piece from an article in Friday's Plain Dealer

Ford Loses 8.7 Billion

"Although it was not on the list of the company's short-term plans, Ford also confirmed long-rumored plans to scrap the aging Econoline van series produced at the Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake.

By 2013, the company will go from four commercial van models worldwide to only one. Analysts have predicted that Ford will bring the European Transit van to the Avon Lake plant as early as 2010. The contract reached between Ford and the United Auto Workers last year called for Avon Lake to get a new product by 2011.

It is my understanding that OHAP will also run E-Series cutaway along with the transit. The only thing needed for the body is the current buck we already run with. All this is speculative, but from what I see and have been told that's what is going to happen. For all you Lorain and OHAP runaways, you keep wishing for our closing and your gain. OHAP is a very productive and quality assertive plant. We welcome the Transit and will make as popular as the Econoline with our workmanship! We wish you all well and with all of our pride and workmanship Ford will succeed. One Union...One Ford!

I have not seen the old trim line as of late, but how long would it take to get it up and running by the first of the year? and i know theres been a lot of bickering on here about us getting the products, and no one is losing jobs on this product move, of this i would just like to say HUGS to all my fellow KTPers and LAPers accross town for are great news its been a long wait through all the rumors and stories..............

TOASTS to all !!!!!!

The old trim department has been heavily modified, but I think it was done as an attempt to keep the floorspace tied up and the equipment in our plant. The areas where lines 3, 4 & 5 were are just surge lines coming out of the stacker & pre-trim before the trucks go up the elevator and travel across the plant to new trim. I think that surge holds 200-300 trucks now. There have also been some surge lines added for the box line in that area as well. Lines 1 & 2, better known as the old A-Side, is currently running as Pre-Trim for the new shop, so it's already being utilized.

The way I see it, the surge lines aren't really needed. From the beginning I've always thought it was just a way to keep the floorspace tied up and keep all the assembly line equipment on site until they could utilize it on another product.

But the big question is going to be, are we gonna build the Expedition / Navigator on the same Body, Paint and Trim lines the Super Duty runs down or will they make a new area for them, like we did when we built the Excursion?

Also, consider that the Box Line Body shop went were the old Excursion Paint and Body Shops were located, and the new Cab-side Body shop is going mostly in the area of the old Box Line Body Shop. This means we will actually have two different body shops that can construct cabs here shortly, so I am curious if they will tear out the old bodyshop or leave it sitting in an attempt to capture a new product. Ford themselves said that the old Body Shop could run the Super Duty as it is through the end of the 2012 model year, so they could always keep the Super Duty over there and put all new product in the flexible shop. Gives us a big advantage on getting new products beyond the Expedition.