Flex Solution

WaylonJennings

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Flex" prototype was called the "Fairlane"...it had suicide doors...that would have been a great "must have" feature,and it would have made the Flex stand out more .Sliding doors SCREAM mini-van. I agree on the price...it's too high.

once again..base price NICELY equiped starts at 29k.....pretty reasonable really if you ask me....

Price one with just leather,roof and nice wheels and tires.Invoice is $32,300.

ok...and? in India a TATA is 2500 and can carry 10.....funny how cars vary in price....check out an SLR Mercedes.....

Edited by Deanh

ok...and? in India a TATA is 2500 and can carry 10.....funny how cars vary in price....check out an SLR Mercedes.....

....it's too much money for the customers I am selling to..that's all...Your market might be different,but,I'll bet most Ford dealers market and customers are more like mine than yours.

Edited by ironhorse

Who the hell would want an Uplander? The only people that buy those things are school districts, government agencies, and companies.

I don't even think they buy the Chevrolet Uplander, Saturn Relay, Buick Terraza and Ponitac Montana. I still do not understand why GM produced 4 versions of the same Minivan. That was stupid.

The Freestar and Monterey were much better Minivans.

....it's too much money for the customers I am selling to..that's all...Your market might be different,but,I'll bet most Ford dealers market and customers are more like mine than yours.

maybe...but california is one of the US's BIGGEST markets......but yes, I do understand the champagne taste beer budget dilemma some are obsessed with.....thus leasing......

The "Flex" prototype was called the "Fairlane"...it had suicide doors...that would have been a great "must have" feature,and it would have made the Flex stand out more .Sliding doors SCREAM mini-van. I agree on the price...it's too high.

Just wait untill the Lincoln MKT is released, it might be fully equiped at $60,000-70,000...

I don't even think they buy the Chevrolet Uplander, Saturn Relay, Buick Terraza and Ponitac Montana. I still do not understand why GM produced 4 versions of the same Minivan. That was stupid.

The Freestar and Monterey were much better Minivans.

Our school district bought one and I think our old 2000 Windstar drives better with 120,000 miles on it.

Just wait untill the Lincoln MKT is released, it might be fully equiped at $60,000-70,000...

must admit i see Ironhorses point...cars seem to have skyrocketed over the years...and not just ford, good cheap trans is seemingly hard to find sub 20k...I truley wonder if there will be a backlash and vehicles will lose their "must have".....I witnessed this when the Scions first came out, they sold like hot cakles...then they decided to move "upmarket" and sales dropped dramatically and they alienated whom they targeted in the first place....I mean...hell payments on a 30k car at 0% ( unlikely lately ) are 500 a month!...thats NOT chump change, especially for single income consumers.....

maybe...but california is one of the US's BIGGEST markets

For now it is. You better hope Arnold doesn't file/win his suit against the EPA. You will all be driving used for years because not everybody there wants to drive B cars, and that all that will pass his crazy proposals.

For now it is. You better hope Arnold doesn't file/win his suit against the EPA. You will all be driving used for years because not everybody there wants to drive B cars, and that all that will pass his crazy proposals.

humour..imagine HIM driving a Smart......

Good luck with the Flex Ford!! I really had never seen one on the road so earlier this week, i took 2 ladies looking to buy new SUVs to the Ford dealership. They both hated the design (subjective) and compared it to a Scion XB and their grandfathers old station wagons. When they saw the sticker, they just laughed at the price. It also did not help that one of the 3 on the lot had horrible fit and finish (outside). The other 2 looked flawless. Now i know Ford markets the Flex above something like the XB and Element but with it looking as boxy as those two, comparisons are inevitable. Having seen the Flex up close, i must say i now agree more with the guys that cant stand its look. For whatever reason, i used to think it was taller and not that long. Flex is not that pretty folks (once again, subjective). Sales figures come out tomorrow. Not sure if the Flex was available for the full month but we will know how its doing so far. The salesman at the dealership told us people were stopping by to look at it but no one was leaving with one.

Edited by Ford??-LOL!

"Downer Debbie" strikes again!

Good luck with the Flex Ford!! ........(a lot of subjective trash and opinions)........ The salesman at the dealership told us people were stopping by to look at it but no one was leaving with one.

And we'll see how it's competition is doing also......not too well either I'd bet.

Another problem is the capless fuel filler door... I couldn't find any way to lock it.

Why would you need to lock it? It's not like you can siphon gas out through the filler tube anyway. Most cars have anti-siphoning devices in the filler tubes to prevent this. Locking gas doors are completely unnecessary anymore.

"Downer Debbie" strikes again!

And we'll see how it's competition is doing also......not too well either I'd bet.

Let me predict: As usual, they will do better than Ford and again post profits! However, as Ford's #2 nut swinger, you will find a way to spin the loss and tell us 98% is due to yet another write down blah blah blah blah....................

Edited by Ford??-LOL!

Let me predict: As usual, they will do better than Ford and again post profits! However, as Ford's #2 nut swinger, you will find a way to spin the loss and tell us 98% is due to yet another write down blah blah blah blah....................

And I'll predict that every one of your posts here will continue to be void of anything of value or substance.

Sliders may scream minivan, but I get alot of people that come into the dealership that are still looking for minivans. Usually older people who like to sit higher and have room for whatever crap they want to put into it. I have a cousin that would've considered one if they had sliders on it, but instead she went to Toyota and spent just as much.

One other thing Ford should consider is a commercial version. Similar to the HHR where it has panals on the rear windows and possibly a rear seat delete option would work out in their favour. Making it cheaper to produce and giving it a wider market.

edit: to the person who said a major flaw to sliding doors is that you can't put fuel in it with the door open. close the fucking door, problem solved.

Edited by WaylonJennings

edit: to the person who said a major flaw to sliding doors is that you can't put fuel in it with the door open. close the fucking door, problem solved.

Tell that to your screaming kid who demands to get out of the car at the gas station cuz they've been holding in their "wee-wee" for the past 6 hours. You really don't need to be rude.