Flex Solution

WaylonJennings

Sliding rear doors, much like a mini-van.

That would make it a successful FAMILY vehicle. Parents do not want their kids to just bust the door wide open in a parking lot, potientally damaging the vehicles next to it.

Oh, and drop the price by $5000, that might make the Flex more appealing.

Anyone agree?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solution for what?

We have no idea how well it is even selling right now. Let's wait until we actually can establish a sales trend before we go offering up "solutions" for a problem that may or may not even exist.

And dropping the price would be ludicrous. Ford isn't a charity.

That would make it a successful FAMILY vehicle. Parents do not want their kids to just bust the door wide open in a parking lot, potientally damaging the vehicles next to it.

Anyone agree?

and 0% financing for 92 months, a gas card and hot babysitter as well...........

Anyone agree?

So Ford should put MORE money into the car and charge LESS for it...sounds like a good money-making proposition to me!

At least one night of the attractive baby sitter isn't a bad idea though! :hysterical:

And what did you tell them they cost? $41K for a loaded Limited? Or did you tell them "oh, it costs about the same as a lot of minivans"?

Exactly! If you want a commuter car to drive to work and back, then they are too much money. If you want something to haul 5-7 people in comfort and safety, then they are right in line with the competition. Poeple bitch about the cost, but they don't compare them to anything. Compare it to an Odyssey, Sienna, Acadia, Outlook, Enclave, etc. The prices are all in line. Our Flex came to a sticker of < 39k (we purchased for $500 under invoice, ordered), nicely loaded with AWD, DVD, white roof, rear buckets, but without Vista, fridge, and the nav system. It is MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer on the inside that any of the others mentioned! My wife even said so, and she is completely unbiased!

Hard to tell them that when you can get a shitty Uplander for $18000.

Keyword there: shitty.

The Flex is anything but.

I mean seriously, that's almost as bad as complaining about the price of a Lexus because you can buy a Cavalier for less.

Edited by NickF1011

True, but Lexus isn't competing with Cobalts.

Uplander is competition for the Flex.

The Uplander is a POS too..why should Ford shoot at a product that hasn't had a major chassis upgrade in 10-15 years?

As for the silder issue...Its NOT A FUCKING ISSUE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Why did SUV sales do so well up till recently,if silders where such a big deal? Minivan sales have been stagnet or shrinking for years.

Personally while I think Ford's expecations for selling 100K of them this year is going to be rough, its not because of vehicle itself, its from the Panic in gas prices and generally shitty economy holding people back from buying a more expesive vehicle when a 15-20K Focus is all they need

True, but Lexus isn't competing with Cobalts.

Uplander is competition for the Flex.

It's the same thing:

[b]Shitty                Not Shitty[/b]
Uplander                 Flex
Cobalt                   Lexus

So, what's the diff? Oh, and you can buy a Flex SE for $25k. Is it more than an Uplander? Sure it is, but it isnt' shitty, and it comes with quite a bit of equipment standard.

It's 'cause it's a Ford! Now when Toyoty or Honduh bring out a vehicle that happens to be pricey, that's OK because it has all the wonderful innovations in it. Now that Ford has a vehicle with all the wonderful innovations, IT'S TOO PRICEY! Double standard if you ask me.

The Flex costs more than most minivans, when comparably equipped. I have been pricing Grand Caravans and Chrysler T/C's for the past couple of months, and you can actually get them cheaper when you get some of the packages they offer.

Anywho, want to "fix" the Flex? Simple. Revise the options and price lists, and put a EB 4-cylinder in it. ;)

Sliders and an extended version, as options, wouldn't hurt, either

The Flex costs more than most minivans, when comparably equipped. I have been pricing Grand Caravans and Chrysler T/C's for the past couple of months, and you can actually get them cheaper when you get some of the packages they offer.

Anywho, want to "fix" the Flex? Simple. Revise the options and price lists, and put a EB 4-cylinder in it. ;)

Sliders and an extended version, as options, wouldn't hurt, either

the Chryslers are also incentivized due to lack of sales....same thing may happen to the Flex eventually....EB 4 cyl...can't wait...meh on the sliders...as for the extended length...THAT is one complaint I HAVE had....its too long now for some.....

the Chryslers are also incentivized due to lack of sales

I just did a build-and-price on both a Chrysler T/C and a Flex, and before the incentives, the T/C was still about $2,000 cheaper than the Flex. The only reason for me to buy the Flex is because I get A-plan on it, and that incentive is wiped out with the cash allowance Chrysler is offering.

Oh well. The way it looks right now, I won't be buying either of them. The Foci just turned over 105k miles. I might have to get a replacement when the Jeep goes back and worry about a new family hauler after it's paid off.

I just did a build-and-price on both a Chrysler T/C and a Flex, and before the incentives, the T/C was still about $2,000 cheaper than the Flex. The only reason for me to buy the Flex is because I get A-plan on it, and that incentive is wiped out with the cash allowance Chrysler is offering.

Oh well. The way it looks right now, I won't be buying either of them. The Foci just turned over 105k miles. I might have to get a replacement when the Jeep goes back and worry about a new family hauler after it's paid off.

then the kids will be bigger and other alternatives could be possible....STOP THE VOICES!

so you would take the cash incentive over subveened interest rates?.....2.9 on Flex right now, and I don;t think the Chryslers hold a candle....slightly different vehicles really, but they do kind of overlap ....

so you would take the cash incentive over subveened interest rates?.....2.9 on Flex right now, and I don;t think the Chryslers hold a candle....slightly different vehicles really, but they do kind of overlap ....

One MAJOR problem with sliders: can you fill the fuel tank with the door open?

I checked out a Flex this week and noticed a few things about it.

The middle seat of the 2nd row DOESN'T have a latch connection.

Minivans have it. The salesman told me Ford is already planning

an update before the next model year. For a family with multiple

babies & toddlers that is a MUST.

Another point, the rear doors do open wide, but they aren't too wide

so sliding rear doors may not be necessary after all. A nice thing

about them is that the windows go all the way down, a feature missing

on most minivans.

And it is plenty long enough already!

Another problem is the capless fuel filler door... I couldn't find any way to lock it.

As for the rest of the vehicle, it is FANTASTIC. I even love the little trick

with the rocker panels integrated into the doors.