More shots of refreshed Fusion...

P71_CrownVic

I thought the current design couldn't get any uglier. I admit I was wrong.

You are not surprised are you???

Old Focus ...new Focus.

Old F-150...new F-150

Old E-Series...new E-Series

Old Super Duty...new Super Duty

In every one of those cases...the new model has gotten substantially uglier than the previous model. And it looks like the Milan for sure is going to be MUCH uglier than the previous model. The Fusion is not looking good either...but I think it has a better chance of not being horribly ugly like the Milan looks to be.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.............. p's back............... with predictable results.

how exciting.

It has been so nice here lately. Until now.

Oh...that's right...you bought one of those ugly trucks. Good thing you don't have to look at the front while you are driving it.

If it hurts you so much to read the truth...then don't read it.

Maybe I'll be able to get this off before the gray/grey screen returns.....

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The taillights (see the uncovered circle on the right rear lens) almost appear to have a Mondeo-/kinetic-esque "weave"/pattern look to them.

800px-Ford_Mondeo_3_rear_20071025.jpg

I know that styling is very subjective but I don't think the Malibu, Accord or Camry are particularly good looking. The Malibu looks like most of Chevy's trucks. The shared styling language is even featured in Malibu ads. Accord is fat and bland and Camry looks like the Mazda 6's fatter sister.

I'm not sure I like the rear treatment in the rendering. The red part in the photos extending over the top of the quarterpanels is obviously part of the camoflage. The tail lights are not that big.

First, I agree with you in saying I don't think the Malibu, Accord, or Camry are particularly good looking. I think Malibu looks decent, but it's not overly great either. The new Accord, I'm on the fence.....the front isnt bad (sans bug eye/sticking out headlights), but the rear look horrible, and Camry, it certainly looks better than the previous model, and it doesn't look horrible, but as with the Malibu, it's not great, either.

The rear design was reportedly changed a little from the rendering shown above, although it does seem close.

Old Focus ...new Focus.

Old F-150...new F-150

In every one of those cases...the new model has gotten substantially uglier than the previous model. And it looks like the Milan for sure is going to be MUCH uglier than the previous model. The Fusion is not looking good either...but I think it has a better chance of not being horribly ugly like the Milan looks to be.

Not to start any trouble, but I thought you were banned or something?

Oh...that's right...you bought one of those ugly trucks. Good thing you don't have to look at the front while you are driving it.

If it hurts you so much to read the truth...then don't read it.

No............ you are wrong. I bought a beautiful new truck that drives great, and brings our family alot of happiness both now, and in the future.

You would probably fall out of your seat if you knew how many people come up to me, to tell me how great looking my new truck is.

Frankly, I could care less what you think of it, as I do not hold your opinion in very high esteem.

What hurts me, is to see that you are back. Thus, I will spend alot less time here.............. as you just make this forum an unpleasant place to be. You add nothing constructive, and your "truth" is so far from it, as to be truly laughable.

Congratulations, that ought to make you proud. When you are banned again, then I will enjoy my favorite automotive forum again.

No............ you are wrong. I bought a beautiful new truck that drives great, and brings our family alot of happiness both now, and in the future.

You would probably fall out of your seat if you knew how many people come up to me, to tell me how great looking my new truck is.

Frankly, I could care less what you think of it, as I do not hold your opinion in very high esteem.

What hurts me, is to see that you are back. Thus, I will spend alot less time here.............. as you just make this forum an unpleasant place to be. You add nothing constructive, and your "truth" is so far from it, as to be truly laughable.

Congratulations, that ought to make you proud. When you are banned again, then I will enjoy my favorite automotive forum again.

I for one think the new Super Duties look good, especially the higher end models.

Now, back to Fusion....

Old Focus ...new Focus.

Old F-150...new F-150

I'm still on the fence with Focus looks, the D3's deserve to be on any ugly list involving the latest Ford visual design... :hysterical:

If that new Fusion I've been seeing comes to fruition like the pics, it will be the best looking Ford sedan since the current Fusion. :ohsnap:

Edited by Armada Master

I'm not a big fan of the honeycomb down, chrome slats up. Design seems a bit muddled, but I suppose that's the cost of moving on towards the 'suitable for the middle of the Atlantic' global design language.

Also, the Fusion looks to become even more of a 'bottom breather'. I would doubt that any more air gets in above the bumper on this car than on the '86 Taurus. Definitely should be seeing better aerodynamics than the current Fusion.

Tooling along on the '86 Taurus comparison--------that vehicle was considered for launch with a grille, if customers were too put off by the filler panel with floating oval, and now here we are 23 years later, and the '10 Fusion is coming out with what is, basically, an entirely useless grille. That decorative grille considered for the original Taurus has arrived 23 years later.

Edited by RichardJensen

I think that this car will look really nice when everything is said and done. This one looks like it is still a bit of a hack job though. What's going on right under the head lights? And the car in the first set of pics is clearly much lower to the ground than the second one.

The stuff under the headlights appears to just be some camo added to throw off the shape of the headlight bezel. Take a look at the tail lights and you'll see the same sort of odd-looking reflector stuff tacked on. There's a ton of it all over the Milan spy photos as well.

As for the lowering....could be one of them is being tested for gross vehicle weight load. That's not very unusual. Or one could have (hopefully) a sport handling package being tested out.

Here's some new spyshots of the fusion.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-fusion-future.html

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...26261&st=20

As I suggested last night, the taillights appear to have some sort of weave or pattern in them, not unlike some Euro Fords. This picture also shows the taillight shape very well too. They're similar to the current shape, but with a kick down as they go toward the trunk lid, somewhat like the new Falcon.

I would guess LA Auto Show with the Mustang.

Show in LA and be on sale a month later? That would be a real nice change from show it and then sell it 12 months later.

I don't think the Mustang will be in LA, would think Detroit or Chicago.

Ford's 2009 Launches should be interesting as to what they show at each show.

Show in LA and be on sale a month later? That would be a real nice change from show it and then sell it 12 months later.

I don't think the Mustang will be in LA, would think Detroit or Chicago.

Ford's 2009 Launches should be interesting as to what they show at each show.

Well, according to the new 2010 Mustang website, it will be unveiled on Nov 19th or 20th. That's precisely the '08 LA Auto Show press days.

No but I think they will be in production in December of this year and on sale in Early 2009, unless Ford is doing something different then its launch and hold then release thing they've been doing for the past couple launches.

But defently better then waiting 12 months for it.

I love everything about the fascia except the lower air dam.

Is that Fusion ST some sort of performance appearance package, or a real performance upgrade?

I think Igor mentioned that the back-end went back for a redesign after those sketches were leaked, and indeed we got the tail-lights with the step-down look and a squarer transition to the fender. Not bad, although the step design is a pet peeve of mine.

Edited by BORG