F150 now 50% off msrp

snooter

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are just to damn blind to see the 50% off F-150 commercials and ads (or some of you just suffer from "selective sight"). I have seen them in several cities. I have seen banners hung on F-150 XLT in front of dealerships with "$12000 off MSRP" on them (Granted, i did not stop to see what options were in them). Ford is no different than Nissan. They are both desperate. Here is an article where an Arizona dealer talks about 50% off F-150s.

Linky

Some of you are just to damn blind to see the 50% off F-150 commercials and ads (or some of you just suffer from "selective sight"). I have seen them in several cities. I have seen banners hung on F-150 XLT in front of dealerships with "$12000 off MSRP" on them (Granted, i did not stop to see what options were in them). Ford is no different than Nissan. They are both desperate. Here is an article where an Arizona dealer talks about 50% off F-150s.

Linky

another math class failure...just post ONE printed ad LOL, just one...BACK IT UP!............12k off would mean a 24k MSRP.....doubtful...even on an 07.......so please...feel free to make me taste crow....and remember, I SEE the competive Ford dealer ads on a weekly basis.........nothing selective...I'm in the business......

Edited by Deanh

pps...we have a couple advertised at about 9-10 k off....but 3k of that is one rebate most are NOT elegible for...but makes great press.....but in ALL ads i have yet to see....and lets reword this...it should be X amount in SAVINGS NOT % off.....12500 POTENTIAL savings on 09 Superdutys....eeek!

another math class failure...just post ONE printed ad LOL, just one...BACK IT UP!............12k off would mean a 24k MSRP.....doubtful...even on an 07.......so please...feel free to make me taste crow....and remember, I SEE the competive Ford dealer ads on a weekly basis.........nothing selective...I'm in the business......

With dealers like you, no wonder Ford is having problems moving vehicles! The XLT has a MSRP of $23,910. A $12K off banner equates to slightly more than 50% off. Looks like i just crowned the math class dunce. Now go stand in the corner...

Can't you just buy it off the lot, don't tell them you own a Ford, and sell your old car somewhere else? :)

You have to prove that you own at least one non-Ford to qualify for the $1000 "competitive owner rebate" (I still think that it is dumb, they should have at least a matching "owner loyalty rebate"). You don't even have to trade it in, just simply own one. What I meant by the trade in thing, since all car sales are slow (used & new), they are not offering much on trade-ins, especially trucks & SUV's (obviously). If you can walk into a dealer right now, ready to buy with no trade, you're going to make a good deal.

With dealers like you, no wonder Ford is having problems moving vehicles! The XLT has a MSRP of $23,910. A $12K off banner equates to slightly more than 50% off. Looks like i just crowned the math class dunce. Now go stand in the corner...

hell...at your 50% off we couldn't keep our hands on them could we?........sorry if the truth hurts...like I said BACK IT UP!......you are 3-4k south of reality...........the 12k is on Superdutys which have MSRPS knocking on 50k...last i looked THAT wasn't 50% either...embelishing ones figures are typical Ford bashers modus operatum....and the square root of stupid is FordLOL.....

You are correct. I readily admitted that. But on TV, i have seen F-150s advertized as 50% off MSRP.
funnily enough I'm guessing we all watch TV as well....and I don't see ANYONE jumping to your defense.......BACK IT UP WITH REALTY and I'll back off, right now I'd say you are 95% ( thats 5 % less than 100, or 5 one hundreths, or .05.....feel free to write that down ) FULL of crap......... :shades: Edited by Deanh

hey LOL, still waiting....also, FYI, Saddleback College has a special on Algebra night class's...usually $89.95 but they are adverting a 30% savings for a limited tim only....special price is now an even $80 bucks....GREAT deal and something you should look into, theres also a buy one get one free for $125, and even a "sign your friend up special", sign a friend up and its only $119.95"....WHAT A DEAL!

hey LOL, still waiting....also, FYI, Saddleback College has a special on Algebra night class's...usually $89.95 but they are adverting a 30% savings for a limited tim only....special price is now an even $80 bucks....GREAT deal and something you should look into, theres also a buy one get one free for $125, and even a "sign your friend up special", sign a friend up and its only $119.95"....WHAT A DEAL!

It's also worth noting that that loyalty money is only on supercabs, and extended cabs, not the base regular cab cheapy trucks. Not to worry, though, LOL is already onto the next web forum to try to stir the pot there. I don't think mommy payed enough attention to him. :finger:

It's also worth noting that that loyalty money is only on supercabs, and extended cabs, not the base regular cab cheapy trucks. Not to worry, though, LOL is already onto the next web forum to try to stir the pot there. I don't think mommy payed enough attention to him. :finger:

don't mean to ( actually, yes I do as he NEVER brings anything other than troll BS to the site anyways ) burst his bubble........

You are correct. I readily admitted that. But on TV, i have seen F-150s advertized as 50% off MSRP.

funnily enough I'm guessing we all watch TV as well....and I don't see ANYONE jumping to your defense.......BACK IT UP WITH REALTY and I'll back off, right now I'd say you are 95% ( thats 5 % less than 100, or 5 one hundreths, or .05.....feel free to write that down ) FULL of crap......... :shades:

Hmm, like Dean stated, I haven't seen many, let alone one commercial stating 50% off MSRP. Like stated in a previous post, the closest I found was something around 20-25% off and even that was a questionable ad campaign.

Now the funny thing with these are the fine print and what the dealers consider a discount or % off. One dealer quoting $12K off, included something called $3500 Retail Customer Cash, or in other words a Down Payment. Wow, people actually consider a down payment a discount now? I'm still paying for it though, right?

Also, many times these ads state "up to X% off", which includes all rebates and incentives. Most times you can not qualify for all incentives and many times you have to forego one incentive for another.

Lastly, they usually only have 2, maybe three stock item vehicles listed at this price. So unless you want exactly that particular one, you won't get the good discount.

It's all about how to get the customer in the door. They can tell you about deals all they want, but truth be told it's always a different offer and different truck once they get you on the lot.

Hmm, like Dean stated, I haven't seen many, let alone one commercial stating 50% off MSRP. Like stated in a previous post, the closest I found was something around 20-25% off and even that was a questionable ad campaign.

Now the funny thing with these are the fine print and what the dealers consider a discount or % off. One dealer quoting $12K off, included something called $3500 Retail Customer Cash, or in other words a Down Payment. Wow, people actually consider a down payment a discount now? I'm still paying for it though, right?

Also, many times these ads state "up to X% off", which includes all rebates and incentives. Most times you can not qualify for all incentives and many times you have to forego one incentive for another.

Lastly, they usually only have 2, maybe three stock item vehicles listed at this price. So unless you want exactly that particular one, you won't get the good discount.

It's all about how to get the customer in the door. They can tell you about deals all they want, but truth be told it's always a different offer and different truck once they get you on the lot.

not to mention the fact that basically ZERO can afford to write a check...so they finance and POOF all of a sudden one is rebateless ( word? ) unless they dont utilize the subveened rates and get blindsided with 12 or 13% interest rates........

One dealer quoting $12K off, included something called $3500 Retail Customer Cash, or in other words a Down Payment. Wow, people actually consider a down payment a discount now? I'm still paying for it though, right?

"Retail Customer Cash" is not a down payment. It's a fancy marketing term for "Rebate". :shades: