Ford Edge/Lincoln MKX MCE

BORG

Does anybody know when the Edge and MKX will get their mid-cycle update? I would expect the 2010 MY but we haven't seen any evidence that Ford is working on these. I'm largely hoping for new interiors, particularly in the Edge to fit the new tech.

I would guess upgraded materials w more soft touch too.....Flex has set a pretty high mark fore the rest of the lineup to follow......

I would guess upgraded materials w more soft touch too.....Flex has set a pretty high mark fore the rest of the lineup to follow......

The Escape, Focus, Flex, F-150, E-Series, and soon Fusion and Mustang have all been upgraded with Ford's new tech and hardware. We also know there is a new Taurus on the way shortly while Taurus X will not return. That leaves the Explorer, Expedition, Edge, Ranger, and Super-Duty that will need some form of substantial interior upgrade. We know a new Explorer is on the way (it would be nice to see evidence of this vehicle as well) and the Ranger won't be upgrade. The Expedition is an unknown but I'm sure Ford has long since scaled back its investment in this product.

Edited by BORG

Does anybody know when the Edge and MKX will get their mid-cycle update? I would expect the 2010 MY but we haven't seen any evidence that Ford is working on these. I'm largely hoping for new interiors, particularly in the Edge to fit the new tech.

I was under the impression that the Edge/MKX refresh would be for 2010 to keep it on the 3/6 year refresh/redesign schedule.

And I would expect an updated interior, as you said to include the new tech and stuff.

I posted my sketch of what I think we could see for an MCE on the exterior.

post-28332-1221198482_thumb.jpg

MY 2011

new metal

interior and powerplant

Just wondering, but isn't Ford developing a new company look for Ford product? IIRC, the 2K10 Taurus is an intermediate step in this change.

Maybe the 2K11 Edge may show a further development of this theme. The point is, the next Edge could look very different. :)

Likely won't be too massive a change, as its still pretty recent and there's other places that need more R&D money. Probably lean towards a more Kinetic look but not a huge change.

Question regarding powerplant, upgrade to 3.7L or is it a 3.5L upgrade? I4 EcoBoost? Anyone? Anyone?

Well, since the 3.7 is supposed to be a Lincoln-exclusive engine, I wouldn't think the Edge would be recieving that engine.

I believe the Edge is supposed to be receiving the EB 3.5 as an option, and then there's the I4 EB rumors as well.

What gets me is that the Fusion/Milan failed to receive all new sheet metal like the Mustang, but those cars are substantially more important products.

I doubt we'll see all new sheetmetal on the Edge/MKX, but certainly the bookends of the car will see updates. It was either Horbury or Mullaly that said minor updates do nothing while complete reskins see far better results. Lets hope, with the exception of the Fusion/Milan/MKZ/F-150, they put that philosophy to good use.

What gets me is that the Fusion/Milan failed to receive all new sheet metal like the Mustang, but those cars are substantially more important products.

I doubt we'll see all new sheetmetal on the Edge/MKX, but certainly the bookends of the car will see updates. It was either Horbury or Mullaly that said minor updates do nothing while complete reskins see far better results. Lets hope, with the exception of the Fusion/Milan/MKZ/F-150, they put that philosophy to good use.

More important? Look at the sales #s. The Mustang outsold the Milan by alot. The Mustang also has sold almost exactly the same number of units as the Fusion so far this year. Not too bad for a four year old body on a niche car! :happy feet:

More important? Look at the sales #s. The Mustang outsold the Milan by alot. The Mustang also has sold almost exactly the same number of units as the Fusion so far this year. Not too bad for a four year old body on a niche car! :happy feet:

True, although collectively those three products account for large volume. And since the CD3 cars have underperformed, it would seem they would benefit from better investment, they certainly have the potential for greater sales success in this current climate. Lets hope they elements they did update make the car look newer. The Fusion will have the oldest body on the market when it's updated next year, and it will have to carry it for 3 more years....that's a LONG time in a competitive segment.