Most Admired Cars

.more a domestic ford hater P....

Actually, the case could be made that I am a full on domestic hater. DId you see how many domestics were in my "LOATHE" list?

Flexy

Focus

Aveo...3 DOMESTICS...to ONE import.

Let me ask a question though...If the Fusion, or upcoming Party are "domestics", is the G8 a domestic too?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, the case could be made that I am a full on domestic hater. DId you see how many domestics were in my "LOATHE" list?

Flexy

Focus

Aveo...3 DOMESTICS...to ONE import.

Let me ask a question though...If the Fusion, or upcoming Party are "domestics", is the G8 a domestic too?

depends if they are shipped or landlocked.....ahem...graspin at straws....LOL! who knows...shame they are put together outside th US to remain $ competitive though.....whos to blame Ford wanting more profit or local construction ( UAW ? ) being prohibitively expensive.....

Wow P, I have to agree with you again. Totally spaced out some of them Aussie Ford rides. Still would rather take a GT500KR over them, but they would be a close 2nd in my opinion.

Not too much of a Holden style fan though, the GTO & G8 aren't to my liking.

Good post though!

Nice choices P71 and Deanh . . . you're not much of a Porsche fan are you?! :lol:

nope...only one worth a damn is the Cayman....all the rest are just ongoing derivitives of the other, flare some fenders, add adifferent wing wheels and tires and VOILA....limited edition or hot rod model....no wonder Porsche is so bloody profitable,,,almost badge engineering....if only ford and Mercury could say the same....LOL! ( sidenote....when I worked at a ferrari dealership we always had the Hawaiin shirted Porsche driver come in...their MO was to berate the ferris with 0-60, superior day to day drivability (( mis- perception )) yadda yadda yadda....they all had an arrogant air to them.....bottom line ....most couldn't swing the prancing horse so made themselves feel better by critiquing the red cars.....in my book there is NO comparison.....

Edited by Deanh

nope...omly one worth a damn is the Cayman....all the rest are just ongoing derivitives of the other, flare some fenders, add adifferent wing wheels and tires and VOILA....limited edition or hot rod model....no wonder Porsche is so bloody profitable,,,almost badge engineering....if only ford and Mercury could say the same....LOL! ( sidenote....when I worked at a ferrari dealership we always had the Hawaiin shirted Porsche driver come in...their MO was to berate the ferris with 0-60, superior day to day drivability (( mis- perception )) yadda yadda yadda....they all had an arrogant air to them.....bottom line ....most couldn't swing the prancing horse so made themselves feel better by critiquing the red cars.....in my book there is NO comparison.....

Mustangs do the same thing

i like the 911 turbo....i have been in the new one at WOT.....jesus christ it puts you in your seat...amazing auto

i like the 911 turbo....i have been in the new one at WOT.....jesus christ it puts you in your seat...amazing auto

You are a lucky ass bastard!!!!!!!

I got a huge, HUGE thrill out of "autocrossing" a Vic for the past two days...and told myself that I HAVE to get into some sort of racing (whether it be autocrossing, or just track days). I can only imagine what a real, full-on sports car, with real speed and real handling feels like.

Doing what you did would be such a high for me...I don't know how I would come down.

Mustangs do the same thing

ever driven a 430.......when that engine comes on cam they even have a name for the sound ( ripping silk if I'm not mistaken ) nothing quite like it....mechanically porsches are amazing, one of the top 5 engine builders i would say.....but styling wise ....how long has the basic 911 design cue been around....sorry...long in the tooth....park 12 years of 911's side by side and it takes an EXPERT to differentiate....Cayman stands out as at least different........

I got a huge, HUGE thrill out of "autocrossing" a Vic for the past two days...and told myself that I HAVE to get into some sort of racing (whether it be autocrossing, or just track days). I can only imagine what a real, full-on sports car, with real speed and real handling feels like.

Doing what you did would be such a high for me...I don't know how I would come down.

P...heres something absolutely HILARIOUS for your eyes....youtube and look up alain prost + wife.........

Edited by Deanh

nope...only one worth a damn is the Cayman....all the rest are just ongoing derivitives of the other, flare some fenders, add adifferent wing wheels and tires and VOILA....limited edition or hot rod model....no wonder Porsche is so bloody profitable,,,almost badge engineering....if only ford and Mercury could say the same....LOL! ( sidenote....when I worked at a ferrari dealership we always had the Hawaiin shirted Porsche driver come in...their MO was to berate the ferris with 0-60, superior day to day drivability (( mis- perception )) yadda yadda yadda....they all had an arrogant air to them.....bottom line ....most couldn't swing the prancing horse so made themselves feel better by critiquing the red cars.....in my book there is NO comparison.....

I can understand that perspective. I guess I admire Porsche's racing heritage (as well as the Pracing Horse's!) moreso than their current lineup (GT3 RS excluded.)

Edited by IMSA-XJR9

before you think im that lucky...i was not driving it

but it was not my most exciting time in a vehicle.....you know the T-rex? the 3 wheeled bike thingy......you have to wear goggles and i was literally scared because it is very low and you realize there is no windshield

but im still in the search for a new car and i want something that handles more than how fast it is in a straight line......G8 GT is at the top of my list, i hope i can find a good deal, or i might wait for a used one

ever driven a 430.......when that engine comes on cam they even have a name for the sound ( ripping silk if I'm not mistaken ) nothing quite like it....mechanically porsches are amazing, one of the top 5 engine builders i would say.....but styling wise ....how long has the basic 911 design cue been around....sorry...long in the tooth....park 12 years of 911's side by side and it takes an EXPERT to differentiate....Cayman stands out as at least different........

no i have not driven a 430

but i like the new 911 turbo vs. lets say the 05 911 turbo that really didn't get me that excited

I can understand that perspective. I guess I admire Porsche's racing heritage (as well as the Pracing Horse's!) moreso than their current lineup (GT3 RS excluded.)

HUGE Ferrari fan....saw engines being taken apart....even internally they are finished to a caliber enough to make most manufacturers VISIBLE quality shy in comparison....and a 12 cyl camshaft brings a tear to the eye....

Is that the guy who took his wife out on the track? I saw a very short clip...she was scared shitless I think...

YEP!....Alian Prost is an ex F driver...and yes he takes his wife out in a commuter car around a track I beleive...scares the living snot outa her, and apparently she is cussing , screaming...flipping him off....unbeknownst to her he has a video camera taping everything, he then proceeds to show the Honda F1 team.....they were in stitches....at the release of the 348 Ferrais we were taken to Willow springs where dealers got some track time...it was AWESOME....then we got passenger seat time with a guy just called The Doctor, and shown what the car could do at the hands of a pro.....left an indeligble memory...absolutely priceless....

HUGE Ferrari fan....saw engines being taken apart....even internally they are finished to a caliber enough to make most manufacturers VISIBLE quality shy in comparison....and a 12 cyl camshaft brings a tear to the eye....

I am a HUGE fan as well! Was just in Vegas and went to the Ferrari shop/museum at the Wynn. There was a F40 (one of my all time favorite rides hands down) in their shop . . . though they wouldn't let me look at it up close. I love that Ferrari sells parts from their F1 engines . . . simply art in my opinion!

....at the release of the 348 Ferrais we were taken to Willow springs where dealers got some track time...it was AWESOME....then we got passenger seat time with a guy just called The Doctor, and shown what the car could do at the hands of a pro.....left an indeligble memory...absolutely priceless....

That is how I felt after the last two days. Granted I was driving a boat and not a Ferrari...but I was driving none-the-less, and it was so satisfying, I must do it again...

Nice choice...but I prefer the E63 AMG Wagon. 0-60 in about 4.0-4.1, 505HP, RWD and practical!

Love the E63 as well, but the V10 scream tips they scales for me ever so slightly . . .

I think I prefer the c63 wagon over the e63 too. Especially in F1 medical car trim.

mercedes-c63-amg-estate-4.jpg

Edited by IMSA-XJR9

Love the E63 as well, but they V10 scream tips they scales for me ever so slightly . . .

I think I prefer the c63 wagon over the e63 too. Especially in F1 medical car trim.

mercedes-c63-amg-estate-4.jpg

I should talk to my EMS Coordinator and see if he is willing to spring for an E63 as a (VERY) first response medical vehicle. Imagine getting someone to the hospital in one of those. DAMN....

I am a HUGE fan as well! Was just in Vegas and went to the Ferrari shop/museum at the Wynn. There was a F40 (one of my all time favorite rides hands down) in their shop . . . though they wouldn't let me look at it up close. I love that Ferrari sells parts from their F1 engines . . . simply art in my opinion!

we had to run the 512 TR's once a week.....you should hear it when one hits 3500-4000 rpms....of ALL the exotics I drove whilst there...NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING left the same impression as the Ferraris....and this was in the day of the chromed gear shifting gates....which i for one LOVED.....paddle shifters are for ..........