Most Admired Cars

we had to run the 512 TR's once a week.....you should hear it when one hits 3500-4000 rpms....of ALL the exotics I drove whilst there...NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING left the same impression as the Ferraris....and this was in the day of the chromed gear shifting gates....which i for one LOVED.....paddle shifters are for ..........

I can only imagine.

There was a review of the 1989 SHO by Car and Driver...and they said:

Above 5000 rpm, the Shogun engine sings like an exotic Italian V-12

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know...VWs DSG is pretty darn impressive.

I didn't say they weren't impressive. There are becoming moreso each model year. But given an option I'd rather have standard gate. I'm sure if I lived with one long enough my attitude would change.

Thought of another I'd like too . . . V12 Vantage. I think production is planned to start soon.

Aston%20Martin%20V12%20Vantage.jpg

9080401.011.1L.jpg

We should buy one...then go road racing. Hope you enjoy the FPV tail lights...:P

Hmm, which FPV are you looking at? GT-E, GT-P, GT, F6? Or the Pursuit/Ute models?

Of course these FPV look to be producing roughly 415-422HP & 406-416lb-ft on an NA version of the 5.4L or TT 4.0L, while the KR is producing 540hp & 510lb-ft on an S/C 5.4L. Both share the TR6060 6spd trans. Not sure the times the sedan FPV's post, but they can't be to far off the lighter coupe KR. The KR does come at a significantly higher price though, depending on FPV model selected.

I do like this about the KR.

Those are world-class numbers.” According to a July 2008 article in 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords, a dynotest on the car resulted in an impressive 590 hp and 550 lb.-ft. of torque.

http://mustangs.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsi...han-ford-claims

I didn't say they weren't impressive. There are becoming moreso each model year. But given an option I'd rather have standard gate. I'm sure if I lived with one long enough my attitude would change.

Thought of another I'd like too . . . V12 Vantage. I think production is planned to start soon.

9080401.011.1L.jpg

I do love the style of that AM Vantage.

Whichever one is the most powerful.

In a straight line, yes, the KR would win...but I am not so sure it would do so good when the road turns and the medieval ox cart suspension just won't keep up.

Not so sure about that. Would like to see this competition, but still think the KR would and should have far superior road handling capabilities than any of the FPV vehicles. Either way, I'd like to have any of them brought over to the states.

For those that'd like to view specs on the FPV's that haven't.

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx

If money were no object..... Both of these gorgeous machines would be mine.......

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet

2009-Porsche-911-Carrera-and-Carrera-S-Coupe-and-Convertible-Carrera-S-Cabriolet-Rear-Angle-Speed-Top-1024x768.jpg

2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster

2007-Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-Roadster-Front-And-Side-Red-Drive-1280x960.jpg

Good choices, but one thing that bothers me about Porsche's is the constant (seemingly every few months) release of "new" models, where they put new taillight and headlight lens covers and tweaked some other things, and it's "all-new." That said, I do think the Porsches look nice, but I'd like to see something new out of their design studios.

I should talk to my EMS Coordinator and see if he is willing to spring for an E63 as a (VERY) first response medical vehicle. Imagine getting someone to the hospital in one of those. DAMN....

:hysterical:

9080401.011.1L.jpg

That Vantage looks great.....do you think there's enough vents in the hood?

How about a "shaker" scoop? :)

You mean putting one of those on the Aston as opposed to the many numerous vents? I dunno....

I'm personally a "clean" look person. I generally dont like the extravogant/over the top/overdone look, which something like a shaker scoop on an Aston would create.

Really to me, the Astons are some of the most beautiful cars there are because they have that nice clean, finished look to them. The vents on this one are pushing it though, even though I understand their purpose and likely necessity.

we had to run the 512 TR's once a week.....you should hear it when one hits 3500-4000 rpms....of ALL the exotics I drove whilst there...NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING left the same impression as the Ferraris....and this was in the day of the chromed gear shifting gates....which i for one LOVED.....paddle shifters are for ..........

waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhHhhH!!!!! clink.... clink.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! clink... clink

cant win over the gated shifter. only one i drove was a 308, but still fun enough.

Edited by Sixt9coug