Mark LT truck with a little F150 in it.

FordFanForEver

So i'm in my 99' Ranger cruising down the road and i cross the train tracks and drive another 150 feet and i approach a stop light. Well, thats fine with me because i see this wonderfull looking pickup truck next to me and it was a Lincoln Mark Lt, well i thought it was cool because it had the Mark Lt grill, it said Lincoln Mark Lt on the side, the bumpers were chrome as with the door handles and even the hub cap's said Lincoln on them. Well, the light goes green and the little 3.0 in the Ranger vs. a 5.4 Mark Lt, so the Mark LT has stronger pick up and is infront of me within seconds. So i look at the back on the coolest looking truck ever built and i notcied it said Ford right in the middle of the tail gate and it said F150. I thought what the heck, a Lincoln Mark LT with a LT grill and it even says Mark LT on the side of the pickup has a F150 tail gate???

I was so amazed by this and i started wondering what happened... Did ford forget it was a Mark Lt and slapped on a F150 tailgate? Did someone steel the Mark Lt tailgate? Was the truck in a accident and the owner could not get a LT Tailgate? The truck and the tailgate were the same colors which was dark Grey. Thats like ford Slapping on a Mazda B3000 tailgate on my Ranger!!!!

I still wonder what the reason is to why he has F150 tailgate on a Mark Lt pickup truck.

So i'm in my 99' Ranger cruising down the road and i cross the train tracks and drive another 150 feet and i approach a stop light. Well, thats fine with me because i see this wonderfull looking pickup truck next to me and it was a Lincoln Mark Lt, well i thought it was cool because it had the Mark Lt grill, it said Lincoln Mark Lt on the side, the bumpers were chrome as with the door handles and even the hub cap's said Lincoln on them. Well, the light goes green and the little 3.0 in the Ranger vs. a 5.4 Mark Lt, so the Mark LT has stronger pick up and is infront of me within seconds. So i look at the back on the coolest looking truck ever built and i notcied it said Ford right in the middle of the tail gate and it said F150. I thought what the heck, a Lincoln Mark LT with a LT grill and it even says Mark LT on the side of the pickup has a F150 tail gate???

I was so amazed by this and i started wondering what happened... Did ford forget it was a Mark Lt and slapped on a F150 tailgate? Did someone steel the Mark Lt tailgate? Was the truck in a accident and the owner could not get a LT Tailgate? The truck and the tailgate were the same colors which was dark Grey. Thats like ford Slapping on a Mazda B3000 tailgate on my Ranger!!!!

I still wonder what the reason is to why he has F150 tailgate on a Mark Lt pickup truck.

The Mark LT tail gate also has a faux tail-lamps, I'm assuming you didn't see those on the Ford tailgate?

I'll never forgot WAAAY back in 1992 when my Lincoln dealership had a Mercury Sable wagon on the lot with a Ford Taurus lift gate. It was a factory mistake that made it all the way to the dealership before it was caught. Isn't that scary?

Like others, most likely a stolen tailgate.

But people round these parts have been know to take normal 150's, Expy, and other vehicles and swap parts out so the 150/Expy look like Lincolns. Same with many Chebbys round here to.

Who knows.

But people round these parts have been know to take normal 150's, Expy, and other vehicles and swap parts out so the 150/Expy look like Lincolns. Same with many Chebbys round here to.

Who knows.

That's why it's good to have a lockable tailgate :).

That's why it's good to have a lockable tailgate :).

yes except they should hook it into the key less entry system so you can have it lock and unlock with the fob or door-pad. Then put a switch in the cab that allows it to open with the key less entry, or just stay Unlocked/Locked with the key. You could even do it from the message center so you wouldn't require any extra switches.

I think the guy was able to get all the lincoln goodies and putted them on his F150 because around here I have seen a lot of them with the Lincoln grill but where I really notice its the F150 because they dont have the lincoln logo in the seats

Edited by Cougarpower

Who knows.

I think the guy was able to get all the lincoln goodies and putted them on his F150 because around here I have seen a lot of them with the Lincoln grill but where I really notice its the F150 because they dont have the lincoln logo in the seats

It very well could be a stolen tailgate, but my first thought was as some of you said, that he bought the Lincoln badges, grille, etc. and put it on his F-150, I know I've seen that done here by me. Thinking about it, there were some workers at a neighbor's house months ago, and he had a Mark LT grille on his XL (maybe XLT) F-150 work truck, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what this guy did. My guess is the tailgate is the most expensive change (b/c of the faux taillight lenses and raised area between that), so he got everything else but left the tailgate.

It very well could be a stolen tailgate, but my first thought was as some of you said, that he bought the Lincoln badges, grille, etc. and put it on his F-150, I know I've seen that done here by me. Thinking about it, there were some workers at a neighbor's house months ago, and he had a Mark LT grille on his XL (maybe XLT) F-150 work truck, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what this guy did. My guess is the tailgate is the most expensive change (b/c of the faux taillight lenses and raised area between that), so he got everything else but left the tailgate.

Yeah that also is another good reason but i just wonder why they don't just buy an Lt instead of ordering parts... Is it even possible to buy the Mark Lt logo's and put it on the side of the pickup where the F150 logo is? I knew the Mark Lt and F150 are sisters but i had no clue you could stick each others parts on.

The Mark LT tail gate also has a faux tail-lamps, I'm assuming you didn't see those on the Ford tailgate?

I'll never forgot WAAAY back in 1992 when my Lincoln dealership had a Mercury Sable wagon on the lot with a Ford Taurus lift gate. It was a factory mistake that made it all the way to the dealership before it was caught. Isn't that scary?

My grandfather bought a brand new Plymouth Volare in 1976. He didnt notice for a week or so that it had Volare badges on one front fender and Dodge Aspen badges on the other. I think he left it that way, he thought it was pretty funny. That crap happens all the time with new cars-just part of the deal.

Yeah that also is another good reason but i just wonder why they don't just buy an Lt instead of ordering parts... Is it even possible to buy the Mark Lt logo's and put it on the side of the pickup where the F150 logo is? I knew the Mark Lt and F150 are sisters but i had no clue you could stick each others parts on.

Many of the people I see making these switches don't look like they could afford an LT. So they buy an XL or XLT model used and swap pieces in one by one. The most common one I see is the 97-03 F150 XL 2WD being turned into a Lightning look alike. Other than that, I see many Silverados that they swap with the Escalade front clip to look like an Escalade Rcab pickup.

You can buy the logos from the dealer or maybe even ebay. Then they simply swap them out.

All the parts are interchangeable. Basically plug and play type setups using the same exact hangers and screws. Badges are easy and cheaper, but the front clip usually requires you buy the entire front end (bumper, grille, headlamps and sometimes hood).

Edited by V8-X

Because the LTs were/are more expensive. As both V8-X and I said, many buy the XL or XLT F-150 and stick on LT badges, grilles, etc., which is MUCH cheaper than buying an LT. Think $25-30K vs $40K.

I can't find pictures to support my thought, but I'd assume the mounting points (for the fender badges at least) would be the same for both the F-150 and MLT, which would support the easy change of badges. That is, of course, unless the badges are stuck on with an adhesive.

• 4 weeks later...

I see quite a few of these in my area, F-150's with the Lincoln front clip. I saw one today and it had Ford wheels and tailgate. I do not understand it.

My grandfather bought a brand new Plymouth Volare in 1976. He didnt notice for a week or so that it had Volare badges on one front fender and Dodge Aspen badges on the other. I think he left it that way, he thought it was pretty funny. That crap happens all the time with new cars-just part of the deal.

On occasion we would spot a Ford emblem on a Mercury Montego deck lid coming down the trim line. My groupleader would call the zone responsible for putting the emblems on and say, "we got another Ford Montego down here!"