2010 Fusion details, pic

6-cylinder

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents.. WOW, I'm impressed. I like this MCE a lot! I'm impressed by the engines, the transmissions, the looks, the choices. They really came to play this time. At this point, I'm really interested in the SEL AWD 3.0L 6AT combo. It looks like AWD will not be available with the 2.5L 4 cylinder (bummer). It also looks like the 3.0L is ONLY available with AWD, which is cool. This says to me that Ford wasn't happy with the 2.5L I4 dynamics and performance with the AWD system and decided that the 3.0L made better sense for it. That, and they had already qualified the whole package in the Escape already, so there was very little R&D neccessary to offer it.

The efficiency of the 2.5L packages is impressive. Anyone opting for AWD or a V6 has already chosen to accept a reduced fuel economy number, so, as long as the 3.5L is competitive and the 3.0L PIP AWD combo improves on the previous version, I'm happy. Everyone that I've talked to that has a current AWD fusion with the 3.0L seems satisfied with it, so, any improvement there will just make the good that much better.

For comparissons sake, Ford offers TWO mid-sized sedan packages with AWD Fusion/Milan with 3.0L v6 and Fusion (and perhaps milan) with 3.5L v6. Toyota, the segment leader, offers none. Honda offers none. Nissan offers none. The Malibu doesn't have it. The Mitsubishi Galant doesn't have it. Chryco dropped AWD in their midsizers. So, aside from Subaru's Legacy platform vehicles, and perhaps a special order VW 4Motion Passat, that's the only game in town. Sounds like a good place to be at.

like it...reminds me of the Interceptor power dome....

The new Fusion picture reminds me even more of the Interceptor Concept car. Evem bolder and more aggressive than present Fusion front end. To be honest though, I prefer the small oval, egg crate mesh front end of my 2002 Taurus. It's the sport model also and has color coded mesh. I don't need anything that bold, but understand why Ford does it. Bigger and bolder the better nowadays.

I will tell you though...the worst front end out there now are the new Hondas. Horrible looking front ends and I really don't know what Honda is thinking with those horrible front ends. The new Acura model has terrible front end and the whole car has such sharp edges it looks like it could cut your hand when touching it. Not a fan of the sharp edge look like CTS and this this new Acura.

My 2 cents.. WOW, I'm impressed. I like this MCE a lot! I'm impressed by the engines, the transmissions, the looks, the choices. They really came to play this time. At this point, I'm really interested in the SEL AWD 3.0L 6AT combo. It looks like AWD will not be available with the 2.5L 4 cylinder (bummer). It also looks like the 3.0L is ONLY available with AWD, which is cool. This says to me that Ford wasn't happy with the 2.5L I4 dynamics and performance with the AWD system and decided that the 3.0L made better sense for it.

The I4 Fusion has never been available with AWD so that's not new. The 3.0L V6 is optional on the FWD models. You don't need 30 mpg from the 3.0L V6 if the I4 gets 33. The I4 gives you all the advertising ammo in that regard. It just gives people an option on the V6 side - power or fuel economy.

But back to the Fusion----the looks are slowly growing on me....

RJ if this evolution (front clip) design is an indication of what Ford N.A. is planning to use on the up coming Euro Fords to instill that American feel, is this a design you would like Ford N.A. to go for?

Wow. Seems to be a hit.

I don't think I've ever seen such a happy thread.

Aside from Nick (whom we know doesn't really care for Ford) not liking the flat hood, the car is being universally praised on it's style, powertrains, and features.

Great job!!

best thing...it differentiates itself from the everyday blandness of seemingly every other non descript mid-size out there...YAHOO...individuality!

Aside from Nick (whom we know doesn't really care for Ford)

Some call me a cheerleader and then others claim I don't really care for Ford. I just don't get it. :lol:

I like the looks of it except the hood. It's like they didn't even try to resolve the edges of that flat top with the grille or fenders...."just connect the dots" is sort of the impression I get with it. I think a smoother, curved "power dome" would look a lot better.

Other than that, I am impressed with it so far. The powertrain situation finally addresses every major concern that was out there.