Sarah Palin for President in 2016!

TStag

Indeed.

I hope they really got a lot of laughs over this. I have a hunch that it will not go unpunished.

A lot of Americans did not find this funny. Too many non Americans are interfering in the election. I suppose the next time we mess with your internal politics, we can feel good knowing that we are just returning the favor. Some how I think the right wing whack jobs are probably not the people you want to piss off when it comes to tampering with elections. I am not a McCain supporter, but I wouldn't go out of my way to provoke them.

I suppose the next time we mess with your internal politics, we can feel good knowing that we are just returning the favor.

You already are, so you should feel good. Last week a particularly unpleasant little toe-rag was in Ottawa. Nasty little fascist, with threats. With a little luck, Tuesday will fix his little red wagon, when the troglicons get obliterated. If not, maybe the borders should be closed. http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...b5-44c4d952cb21

I'm glad A lot of Americans did not find this funny — just how stupid is Palin? The president of France, calling her? Yeah, right. Who's next, Queen Elizabeth, calling for a moose recipe? :hysterical:

You found that funny?

Very lowbrow. Wow, somebody called and pretended they were somebody else, yup that's a knee slapper all right? :shades:

About as funny as Rick Mercer going to the States and asking questions to the average american to make them look stupid.

"Would you like to congatulate canada on getting it's first telephone this year?" "Sure I would [heavy southern drawl] congrats canada on gettin' yur first telly phone"

hahaha, everybody laughs at the stupid americans.

Whatever.

Hmm, they never pranked obama though huh? gee I wonder why? :headscratch:

I'm not really sure what your getting at.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

It may be foolish that a politician is so easily accessible to (be made a dupe of) a couple of shockjocks, but.....

Maybe you knew this; maybe you didn't; but back in Abraham Lincoln's day, if you wanted to visit the President, all you had to do was knock on the front door of the White House and present a request to see the President. (Obviously, Al Queda wasn't a problem back then)

He (Honest Abe) had a policy of availing himself to the citizenry one day per week. Anyone who desired an audience with the President had only to present his request to the doorman, and be shown the way.

Perhaps if we had more access to our Public Servants (including the President), they would be more receptive to our needs and more in touch with the "common man".

Maybe because his staff were a little smarter and didn't let them through?

Its not funny, its actually quite disturbing that that woman could be a heartbeat from the Whitehouse.

Why, because she couldn't understand a guy on the phone speaking with a thick French accent?

Palin being a heart-beat away from the White House is a far less scary proposition than Obama running the White House.

This is the funniest video ever:

Just think she could have her finger on the nuclear button soon if the old man snuffs it. G8 conferences would be a right old laugh, just think of what she might say to President Putin..... Bonjour?

It was funny. I can't believe just how ignorant she really is. Oh well, with any luck, we'll see her again in 2012. It will make a second Obama term all that much easier....

Why, because she couldn't understand a guy on the phone speaking with a thick French accent?

Palin being a heart-beat away from the White House is a far less scary proposition than Obama running the White House.

But he didn't sound ANYTHING like Nicolas Sarkozy. She should know that. She should also know the name of the Prime Minister of Canada being that she is just finishing something like 2 years as Governor of Alaska. It is truly disturbing that she knows that little about not only the President of the European Union, but the PM of a country that her state borders and works closely with on many issues.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Face it. Palin is not qualified to be President. There's just no way around that simple fact.

In 2000, we voted in someone who was just like us, and it was a disaster. The reason? Because he was just like us. When you are an idiot, you surround yourself with people who are more experienced in particular fields and whose personalities are more dominant. Hence Cheney and Rove. And that was an even bigger disaster. Because then you have two men who use this likable guy who's just like us to run an extremely one-sided White House where he is surrounded by people who don't dissent or point out the obvious.

No more. I'm tired of unqualified people who are, frankly, idiots. Obama may not have the credentials of McCain, but he is extremely intelligent and surrounds himself by people with conflicting view points. He has served in national office for 4 years and in state office before that. McCain gets similar marks for that type of leadership and better marks for his years of experience. But McCain's choice of Palin is unforgivable. Period.

Face it. Palin is not qualified to be President. There's just no way around that simple fact.

In 2000, we voted in someone who was just like us, and it was a disaster. The reason? Because he was just like us. When you are an idiot, you surround yourself with people who are more experienced in particular fields and whose personalities are more dominant. Hence Cheney and Rove. And that was an even bigger disaster. Because then you have two men who use this likable guy who's just like us to run an extremely one-sided White House where he is surrounded by people who don't dissent or point out the obvious.

No more. I'm tired of unqualified people who are, frankly, idiots. Obama may not have the credentials of McCain, but he is extremely intelligent and surrounds himself by people with conflicting view points. He has served in national office for 4 years and in state office before that. McCain gets similar marks for that type of leadership and better marks for his years of experience. But McCain's choice of Palin is unforgivable. Period.

20+ years in national office vs. 4 years in national office

Naval Aviator (5 years POW) vs Community Organizer

Not like us vs. Not like us

A provable, identifiable, and verifiable historical record vs. ???????????????

May make sense to some, but not to me.

But he didn't sound ANYTHING like Nicolas Sarkozy. She should know that. She should also know the name of the Prime Minister of Canada being that she is just finishing something like 2 years as Governor of Alaska. It is truly disturbing that she knows that little about not only the President of the European Union, but the PM of a country that her state borders and works closely with on many issues.

Dude, I could barely understand the guy with a perfectly clear recording. Imagine trying to understand that drivel through a cell phone with wind blowing over the phone speaker.

The fact that she didn't understand his reference to the "Nailin' Palin" video should be pretty telling...even to the harshest Palin critic. Get real

Personally I don't find "Punking" to be all that funny, be it Astin Kutcher or these guys.

Why? Punking takes a good person's intent and turns it around to uae it against them, in this case her openness.

But you have to wonder WHY she was so open. It certainly wasn't through nornal RNC channels. I think she has her own future agenda....without McCain....and someone took advantage of that outlet.

Dude, I could barely understand the guy with a perfectly clear recording. Imagine trying to understand that drivel through a cell phone with wind blowing over the phone speaker.

The fact that she didn't understand his reference to the "Nailin' Palin" video should be pretty telling...even to the harshest Palin critic. Get real

I had no trouble understanding them. If she has trouble understanding French accents, thats another mark against her. I suppose we will see today what the American people think.

I caught Shepard (Fox News) tonight and he was interviewing Fox News White House reporter Carl Cameron and he said that there was great concern within the McCain campaign that Palin lacked "a degree of knowledgeability necessary to be a running mate, a vice president, a heartbeat away from the presidency," in part because she didn't know which countries were in NAFTA, and she didn't understand that Africa was a continent. Apparently there is going to much that will come out in the next few weeks - that was stifled during the campaign.

The $150k on clothes also was way understated and surprise surprise - some of the clothes are missing.

It looks like we escaped something there.