Hyundai is talking to Cerberus

twintornados

We all must remenber that the domestics walked away from large segments of the market in the rush to SUVs and trucks. The Taurus is a prime example. Suer it was an ok car from 2000 to 2007, but as the competition (Camry, Accord) kept evolving and improving, the Taurus was just decontented. This is not the consumers fault

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? Is that a fact? Well, you (and anyone else that feels the way you do) are limiting the possibilities of what is available in the markertplace. Why would the Big 3 be in the shape they are in now if they hadn't done the right thing? And you're right, that is me. I don't expect anyone to agree with my feelings, but I have that right to do so.

you still have your head in the sand.

next time you are at the mall or grocery store, go up to someone with an import vehicle and ask why theu didn't buy a domestic.

listen to the answers and then come back here to tell me I'm correct.

Their logic doesn't make sense, but like I said, there are people out there that will buy only domestics or only imports based on some kind of bias.

you still have your head in the sand.

next time you are at the mall or grocery store, go up to someone with an import vehicle and ask why theu didn't buy a domestic.

listen to the answers and then come back here to tell me I'm correct.

Their logic doesn't make sense, but like I said, there are people out there that will buy only domestics or only imports based on some kind of bias.

In your OPINON you think you're right. Not so. I will not ask anyone why they do the things they do. No one has to justify to me, and I don't have to justify anything to you. Head in the sand. I have owned over 30 cars since 1969, foreign and domestic alike. Each purchase made for need and budget, period. Yes, I'm sure there are people who buy imports because they have little faith in U.S. brands. That's THEM not ME...........................Here's my U.S. import, Chrysler of Mexico.

post-620-1226695974_thumb.jpg

Edited by 156n3rd

Any auto plant or manufacturing plant will contribute to the area it's in. Taxes, stores, real estate, etc. of all those who work there. :blah: :rolleyes: :beatdeadhorse:

While there are contributions that foreign manufacturers plants bring to the area, I defer on the issue of taxes......many corporations will "wheel and deal" to get local communities to give up concessions in taxes for locating a plant in the area...ultimately, you and I end up paying for those plants to locate here and our taxes end up going higher due to the strain on the local infrastructure these plants cause.....zero sum gain in most cases. And when the sweetheart deals expire, the company threatens to leave if these "incentives" aren't continued.....

Really? Is that a fact? Well, you (and anyone else that feels the way you do) are limiting the possibilities of what is available in the markertplace. Why would the Big 3 be in the shape they are in now if they hadn't done the right thing? And you're right, that is me. I don't expect anyone to agree with my feelings, but I do have that right to do so.

uh, yes.

go to any import forum and read the comments.

just because you don't feel that way doesn't meant that there are others that feel the same

In your OPINON you think you're right. Not so. I will not ask anyone why they do the things they do. No one has to justify to me, and I don't have to justify anything to you. Head in the sand. I have owned over 30 cars since 1969, foreign and domestic alike. Each purchase made for need and budget, period. Yes, I'm sure there are people who buy imports because they have little faith in U.S. brands. That's THEM not ME...........................Here's my U.S. import, Chrysler of Mexico.

I really don't care how many cars you have owned. I really dont fucking care about you, whether you live or die or even why you come here to be an ignorant dumbass

fact is YOUR FUCKING HEAD IS IN THE SAND

there are people out there that REFUSE to buy a domestic car.

FUCKING FACT

get over yourself. your attitude is exacytly what is killing Detroit. No facing up to the fact that there are those out there with a serious hate on for anything domestic.

Like I said, go to any import forum and read what they have to say about Detroit. There are people out there that hate Detroit with a passion and want to see them die.

The facts are out there for all to see.

Grow up potty mouth. Have a bad childhood did you? Want something to hate? Look in the mirror first. It's as easy as being hateful and prejudiced. You can say all the neggy shit you want. You can't hide your HATRED. I will continue my ways and you have nothing to say about it. You've been reported.

P.S., your head is up yer ass. Have a nice day.

Edited by 156n3rd

Ummmmm.....

:hysterical:

Innovative features? Sure.

Quality materials? Riiiiight.

I'll grant you your materials comment on some aspects, but, having just recently purchased a new minivan, from the potential owner aspect of things, there isn't much of a gap across all the makes. Taken as a whole, trim level for trim level, the Town and Country is competitive within its class. I find the top end Sienna and Odyssey only marginally better. Having no seat time in the Routan, bu having seen pics, it just might be better overall.

Grow up potty mouth. Have a bad childhood did you? Want something to hate? Look in the mirror first. It's as easy as being hateful and prejudiced. You can say all the neggy shit you want. You can't hide your HATRED. I will continue my ways and you have nothing to say about it. You've been reported.

P.S., your head is up yer ass. Have a nice day.

and I will report you for being a stupid ass

wake the fuck up suckhole.

oh wait. I said something bad again. Go report that crybaby.

and dont forget to tell the admin that you are a fucking dipshit that doesnt deserve to have an opinion because you are fucking stupid.

and I will report you for being a stupid ass

wake the fuck up suckhole.

oh wait. I said something bad again. Go report that crybaby.

and dont forget to tell the admin that you are a fucking dipshit that doesnt deserve to have an opinion because you are fucking stupid.

Sounds like another episode of "My Own Worst Enemy." :shades: