Theology

Wow. You really don't get it, do you. Time doesn't even exist in Eternity. That means there is no time in Heaven. There is no time in Purgatory. Their is no time in Hell. Time is a constant only experienced in mortality. Hence why the inner realm is called Eternity. Nothing can come or go. It either always was or never will be. It even says it in your Bible.

Also, God is infinitely merciful. He judges no one. Hell exists as a sanctuary for souls to get as far away as possible from Heaven; the last place anyone evil would want to be in Eternity. For the malevolent, Hell is the best place to be [in Eternity].

Furthermore, the last day might as well be the first day in Eternity. Remember, time doesn't exist in Eternity. This doesn't really require much explanation. Haven't you ever heard someone say "for an eternity." Where do you think the expression came from?

Once again, you're not even following the ancient text of your Bible. God (and later Jesus) repeatedly identifies himself as "I am". Anything that "is" is God. Anything that exists is quite literally God himself.

You're right, we did abandon God. But we have no say in his position towards us. His infinite unconditional love makes it impossible for him to ignore our cries. It simply is not within his nature. This is not to say that God doesn't have free will. It's just the will of God, by definition it can only be good.

The book of Genesis is almost never literal. I will not speculate as to what happened in the beginning. However, to say that we do not have free will is to deny that we make decisions. You don't seriously believe that our minds are controlled by someone else...

It's funny that the guy who originally defined your belief system (saved vs fallen), was born thousands of years after any story of the Bible took place. Yet he is the only person in all that time that was able to understand the true meaning of "the fall". It is also just happens to be the most convenient of religions, where you have no control over your fate. It doesn't take a genius to connect those dots...

TIME:

1 a: the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues : b: a nonspatial continuum that is measured in terms of events which succeed one another from past through present to future .

ETERNITY:

1: the quality or state of being eternal

2: infinite time <lasting throughout eternity>

3plural : age 3b

4: the state after death : immortality

5: a seemingly endless or immeasurable time <an eternity of delays>

THE BIBLICAL TRUTH ABOUT HELL:

http://www.hol.com/~mikesch/hell.htm

THE FALL:

The process by which mankind became mortal on this earth. The event is recorded in Gen. 2, 3, 4; and Moses 3, 4. The fall of Adam is one of the most important occurrences in the history of man. Before the fall, Adam and Eve had physical bodies but no blood. There was no sin, no death, and no children among any of the earthly creations. With the eating of the “forbidden fruit,” Adam and Eve became mortal, sin entered, blood formed in their bodies, and death became a part of life. Adam became the “first flesh” upon the earth (Moses 3: 7), meaning that he and Eve were the first to become mortal. After Adam fell, the whole creation fell and became mortal. Adam’s fall brought both physical and spiritual death into the world upon all mankind (Hel. 14: 16-17).

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do we make of this scripture?

“And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.” Matthew 19:16-17

I believe Jesus is God,but in this scripture he say's God is good but He Himself is not?Or is this his way of saying to the man that he was unintentionally spot on,that he was good and that he was God?

Any takers on this one?

“And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.” Matthew 19:16-17

I believe Jesus is God,but in this scripture he say's God is good but He Himself is not?Or is this his way of saying to the man that he was unintentionally spot on,that he was good and that he was God?

Any takers on this one?

That's an easy one. Good quite literally means "Godly". Jesus himself is not god, but one of three entities that are god [together]. So, when Jesus said "there is none good but one, that is, God.", he meant that only God the trinity is truly good. Jesus always showed great humility in his position; always placing the trinity above himself.

If you really want a mind-bender, consider that the will of God is constant. Then consider that three different entities are one God. Then try to figure out how it is that three can be one God in the same, yet completely different beings altogether; all acting separately with one will. :wacko:

Any takers on this one?

the best online tool I have found. http://www.blueletterbible.org/

Jesus is God. Tts 2:13 is not well known by many.

The man was a lawyer. He came to test. From the verses that follow we can see that he did not come from a place of Love but of Law. He uses the word Good (ἀγαθός agathos):

1) of good constitution or nature

2) useful, salutary

3) good, pleasant, agreeable, joyful, happy

4) excellent, distinguished

5) upright, honourable

Not something such as righteous. Even so, had he came and addressed Him as righteous He still would have said what He did because Jesus always gives the Glory to God. And though He is God, he is here as a man so that we have no accusations about God not knowing what it is like to live a mortal life.

Jesus then declares the commandants and again the man has no idea. Clearly he is of the law and not of grace. Which wold be expected as the Mystery, for the most part, was not unfolded by the Christ but by Paul.

Peace and Blessings

Basically, you're correct

You don't know God either. I know the nature of my relationship with God. That is all I nee to know.

The one thing you speak of is inhabited by a vengeful, vindictive, and contradictory God. A do as I say, not as I do God. Far from perfect. I cannot believe in such a thing.

So, how do the dinosaurs fit into all of this? The big bang? What about those things that contradict scripture?

I am sorry that you don't see the presence of God around you in every person and in all of creation. I am truly sorry that you don't seem to have an open and comfortable relationship with him. I know that I do. I am able to believe in God and every scientific theory and fact because I am not weighted down by blind faith. Believing in science and believing in Go are completely compatible where I sit.

I don't have to, God is perfect. He is all 4 things and much more.

There is no way I can prove this to you. You will either come to it or you will not. Either God will direct your steps or you will. But it can't be both. If you do not trust scripture then you have no relationship with God. Period. That is what my opinion. That is His statement. You have blocked yourself from the source almost completely. It is only natural that your understanding of a spiritual nature is significantly reduced.

You can like god, want to follow god, believe in god, but that is not God. That is your own level of acceptance of God which is unacceptable to Him. We submit to Him and learn His teachings and slowly come to understand the supposed contradictions and the vindictive and angry God. The one thing we must learn is that there is no one undeserving of the pain and suffering they endure down here. Again, one can not understand the brutality of this earth and why God allows it when one does not understand how far we have fallen from what we had and that as evil and sinful as we are we deserve nothing less.

Just like God brought the world into existence He did the same with Adam. God made Adam a fully realized man. He did not make Adam a 1 second old baby. He simply created Adam at some adult age. God 'may' have created the dinosaurs already dead in the ground but for a few in paradise. God 'may' have created the dinosaurs as fossils in the ground. God 'may' have killed them in the flood. I don't know. It does not bother me.

Things that contradict scripture? I am unsure of what you mean?

Your idea of God all around us is a fairly immature idea. God may be in the fecal matter I flush down the toilet. He may be in the decomposing murdered body dumped by the river. God may be present during some satanic ritual. But He is not required to be. You are after a physical God. This is a spiritual battle and a spiritual issue. Not a physical battle or issue. Perhaps that is where you got off wrong. You have to understand the spiritual side before you can make sense out of the physical side.

God and science are mostly compatible for me as well. However, when science contradicts God. I follow God. That is what a True Child of God does. They don't follow the science until and if it ever meets up with God again. That is broken.

My faith is not blind. It was fed milk when I was immature in my spiritual life. As I have grown and matured I have turned to meat. My belief is based upon the scripture, prayer, love, trust, and faith. It is not based upon the bad things that have been allowed to happen to me and my family members. It is not based upon how I feel about God or what I think about the things that He has done. Until you can come from a point of view of wanting to learn why God does or does not do something you are a very long way off yet. When you finally are able to admit that you want to know why God does something and want to learn why then you know you have made probably one of the largest hurdles spiritually that you may ever make. And you did not really do that. You were simply drawn by Him over the next bump in your life.

Peace and Blessings

There is no way I can prove this to you. You will either come to it or you will not. Either God will direct your steps or you will. But it can't be both. If you do not trust scripture then you have no relationship with God.

There is no way you can prove this to me, because there is nothing to prove. Either god is, or he isn't. Either he is perfect or imperfect. Either he is everywhere or he is no where. Either he is always, or he's never. Either he is all powerful or completely powerless. Either he is all good or not good at all.

I choose to believe that he is, and that's all that matters to me. I know he is there, and I know that he is listening. I don't need acceptance from anyone else. All I need is the belief that God is.

There is no way you can prove this to me, because there is nothing to prove. Either god is, or he isn't. Either he is perfect or imperfect. Either he is everywhere or he is no where. Either he is always, or he's never. Either he is all powerful or completely powerless. Either he is all good or not good at all.

I choose to believe that he is, and that's all that matters to me. I know he is there, and I know that he is listening. I don't need acceptance from anyone else. All I need is the belief that God is.

That's the problem with protestants. They are only willing to accept the truth as long as it supports their elitist ideals. Anything that contradicts their superiority, such as the notion that God loves all men equally, is excluded from their beliefs. The way they see it, as long as your fingers "saved", you could be the anti-Christ himself and still make it to heaven. Of course, regardless of how benevolent the rest of us are, we're all fucked because God only cares about the cool kids.

I am just confused how you know God when you deny His Word? Scripture is the only basis for God. With out it one is lost. It sounds more like a intelectual pursuit of beliefs where you try to meld life with God.

Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We can't do it on our own. And with out scripture we are all alone.

Peace and Blessings

People throughout history have believed in a higher power. You don't need scripture to see God. I simply believe he is there. To me, the sheer beauty of the Earth proves it.

OK. I will leave it at that then and bid you Peace and Blessings.

I am off for a Hawaiian Cruise where I will get to see God's handy work up close again.

I am just confused how you know God when you deny His Word? Scripture is the only basis for God. With out it one is lost. It sounds more like a intelectual pursuit of beliefs where you try to meld life with God.

Peace and Blessings

So you're saying that without scripture, God doesn't exist? :hysterical:

I hope you fall off that boat... :devil:

It's an interesting theory to say the least. I don't really believe the majority of it, but it would explain a few things.

Niburu: Yes. I also don't "believe" in it, as I don't believe in anything. The pole shift idea would explain the sudden deep freeze of the elephant-like creatures found in Siberia. They died, with undigested tropical plants in their cuds and insides, and froze before their bodies could decay, and never thawed out again for thousands of years. A tropical area suddenly turned into a near Arctic area. I can't think of any other explanation than a north-south rotation of maybe 45 degrees. The only cause for something like this would be the presence of something much larger than the earth, and near enough to temporarily overwhelm the gravitational pull of the sun. This could be the basis for religions that started up in the distant past.

Edited by Trimdingman

Peace and Blessings

Not to start an augment, :shades: but what are your thoughts of the scriptures that didn't make the final cut into the Bible? Where they still the word of God that man didn't want?

Not to start an augment, :shades: but what are your thoughts of the scriptures that didn't make the final cut into the Bible? Where they still the word of God that man didn't want?

He will say that it was "God" who influenced the ones who chose which books to put into the Bible. That was an easy one. You can never eliminate all of the possibilities. Have you ever heard of the "Flat Earth Society"? They say that the earth is flat, and they have an explanation for any evidence to the contrary. You just can't prove that they are wrong, just like you can't prove that Christianity is wrong, but it is, and the earth is not flat.

That's the problem with protestants. They are only willing to accept the truth as long as it supports their elitist ideals. Anything that contradicts their superiority, such as the notion that God loves all men equally, is excluded from their beliefs. The way they see it, as long as your fingers "saved", you could be the anti-Christ himself and still make it to heaven. Of course, regardless of how benevolent the rest of us are, we're all fucked because God only cares about the cool kids.

"you could be the anti-Christ himself and still make it to heaven "

A demon, a fallen angel, servants of Satan, cannot confess Jesus as Lord or God and will never confess that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and therefore fully God and fully man. They will confess that Jesus is a man, a holy man, a good teacher, they might even say he is a god of many gods, but they will never confess that Jesus is the only true God from eternity past and thus Lord of all creation who in time took on a full human nature as well. Don’t settle for anything less then the complete confession . Jesus is Lord.

He will say that it was "God" who influenced the ones who chose which books to put into the Bible. That was an easy one. You can never eliminate all of the possibilities. Have you ever heard of the "Flat Earth Society"? They say that the earth is flat, and they have an explanation for any evidence to the contrary. You just can't prove that they are wrong, just like you can't prove that Christianity is wrong, but it is, and the earth is not flat.

Or.....

http://gbgm-umc.org/umw/Bible/outside.stm

"you could be the anti-Christ himself and still make it to heaven "

A demon, a fallen angel, servants of Satan, cannot confess Jesus as Lord or God and will never confess that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and therefore fully God and fully man. They will confess that Jesus is a man, a holy man, a good teacher, they might even say he is a god of many gods, but they will never confess that Jesus is the only true God from eternity past and thus Lord of all creation who in time took on a full human nature as well. Don’t settle for anything less then the complete confession . Jesus is Lord.

You completely missed my point. And I would like to know how the hell acknowledging that "Jesus is Lord." has anything to do with confessing something? Is English your second language? Edited by Versa-Tech

You completely missed my point. And I would like to know how the hell acknowledging that "Jesus is Lord." has anything to do with confessing something? Is English your second language?

How old are you 10,13.Considering the animation you chose to represent yourself you must be somewhere around there.Isn't it time for a nap yet.?

Look at the word antichrist.What jumps out at you here?ANTI.So how do you become Prochrist?If you CONFESS with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

So its simple, antichrist cant be saved.He wont believe Jesus is lord.If he did decide Jesus is lord than he wouldn't be antchrist.Now go get your milk and cookies and run along to bed.

If you would have left out"Is English your second language?"You would not have gotten this reaction.

How old are you 10,13.Considering the animation you chose to represent yourself you must be somewhere around there.Isn't it time for a nap yet.?

Look at the word antichrist.What jumps out at you here?ANTI.So how do you become Prochrist?If you CONFESS with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

So its simple, antichrist cant be saved.He wont believe Jesus is lord.If he did decide Jesus is lord than he wouldn't be antchrist.Now go get your milk and cookies and run along to bed.

If you would have left out"Is English your second language?"You would not have gotten this reaction.

:ohsnap:

If you would use common words correctly, I wouldn't have said it. Acknowledge isn't even a synonym of confess :hysterical:

Perhaps you should change your tampon...

Religion is written in stone. To "religiously" do something means that you are unwavering. The Christian religion does not have a solid base, as evidenced by the above link. It has changed over the years, as well. Religion can't change. If it does change, that means that either now, or before it changed, it was not correct. Therefore, by definition, Christianity is not a true religion.

Edited by Trimdingman