Theology

Martin Luther didn't break away, he was kicked out. He wanted to reform the Roman Catholic church, not leave it.

You can't "reform" religion. A religion can't change. If it changes, it loses its credibility. If it changes once, it can change again in the future. Religion is supposed to be absolute, and true. If it is subject to change on a whim, how can it be? Anybody who cannot see that logic is under deep mind control and needs to seek help. To start, remove your mind from the Bible. It has many flaws, and believing in it channels your thinking process into illogical conclusions.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Christian.

I claim no religion other than Christianity in its rawest form,you could say i am a red letter Christian.You will only find red letter in the four Gospels.

These are what are considered to be quotes from the mouth of Jesus himself as presented by his twelve disciples whom WALKED WITH HIM.Then came crucification,death and resurrection, and a few spiritual visits to select people whom were given instruction to further Christ teachings.

Any teachings beyond this can easily be adjusted to fit the way another individual interprets the Gospel and becomes a new version of the Christian belief .Beyond Mathew, Mark, Luke and John (The four Gospels) Is simply the beginning of the spread of what is called the good news.Naturally after 2000 years,these teachings are going to have many interpretations of the same story.In my opinion they all boil down This......

The heavens INDEED declare the Glory of God! Psalm 19:1

The Good News:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made. John 1:1-3

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

God demonstrated His love by sending His promised Son, the Savior and Messiah, Jesus Christ, and allowing Him to be crucified. God paid for our sins Himself. The Lord is good, just and merciful beyond our understanding.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life". John 3:16

Seek God now. Humbly ask Him to forgive you of your sins. Jesus Christ paid the full price for sin on a Roman cross almost 2000 years ago. Seek His free gift of forgiveness and unending love.

Jesus Christ said: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7,8

Reject Jesus Christ and pay for your sin yourself, forever alone, forever without God...

"The great day of the Lord is near. It is near and coming quickly. Listen! The cry on that day will be bitter...I will bring distress on the people and they will walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord. Their blood will be poured out like dust and their entrails like filth. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the Lord's wrath. In the fire of His jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for He will make a sudden end of all who live on the earth...Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what He commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger." Zephaniah 1:14-18 2:3

Most think heaven awaits them. The One who rose from the grave after 3 days said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 God the Son came as a sinless man. Philipians 2:5-8 He gave up His human life to save ours. He said that His death was the only acceptable payment for sin. He is our ONLY way to God. He died to give our spirit eternal life. Without Him, we are spiritually dead. Ephesians 2:1-2

He declared: "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3 Are you truly "born again"? John 3:3 Does the Spirit of Christ now dwell within you? John 14:20 & Romans 8:9 Have you been adopted into God's family forever through faith in our Redeemer and Lord, Jesus Christ? Galatians 4:5 It is critical you make certain! Earnestly ask God to change your hard heart.

You can't possibly know for a fact that Christianity is true. You just have intuitions and beliefs. There is no where near enough evidence to even make a hypothesis. There are too many unproven supernatural incidents. They follow the same patterns as other fantasies. I wouldn't put too much stock in an unproven fantasy for the sake of my mental health.

You can't possibly know for a fact that Christianity is true. You just have intuitions and beliefs. There is no where near enough evidence to even make a hypothesis. There are too many unproven supernatural incidents. They follow the same patterns as other fantasies. I wouldn't put too much stock in an unproven fantasy for the sake of my mental health.

Are you serious? Facts leave room for belief. Even after seeing the evidence, you still need to trust Christ as Savior. God provides the evidence so that there won't be any excuse for man not to accept Him at His word, as printed in scripture. Faith is not blind. Thomas could have still refused to acknowledge Christ as Lord and God in John 20:28, even after seeing the evidence of Christ's resurrection up close and personal. Faith in the New Testament is always a two pronged approach- "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17) If your heart isn't open to listen, it won't matter if Christ Himself comes down from heaven and stands in your face, you won't hear. You won't listen. You won't accept Him. That's just plain truth.

Are you serious? Facts leave room for belief. Even after seeing the evidence, you still need to trust Christ as Savior. God provides the evidence so that there won't be any excuse for man not to accept Him at His word, as printed in scripture. Faith is not blind. Thomas could have still refused to acknowledge Christ as Lord and God in John 20:28, even after seeing the evidence of Christ's resurrection up close and personal. Faith in the New Testament is always a two pronged approach- "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17) If your heart isn't open to listen, it won't matter if Christ Himself comes down from heaven and stands in your face, you won't hear. You won't listen. You won't accept Him. That's just plain truth.
You remind me of Alias off of Clerks II...

I am a Christian.

I claim no religion other than Christianity in its rawest form,you could say i am a red letter Christian.You will only find red letter in the four Gospels.

These are what are considered to be quotes from the mouth of Jesus himself as presented by his twelve disciples whom WALKED WITH HIM.Then came crucification,death and resurrection, and a few spiritual visits to select people whom were given instruction to further Christ teachings.

Any teachings beyond this can easily be adjusted to fit the way another individual interprets the Gospel and becomes a new version of the Christian belief .Beyond Mathew, Mark, Luke and John (The four Gospels) Is simply the beginning of the spread of what is called the good news.Naturally after 2000 years,these teachings are going to have many interpretations of the same story.In my opinion they all boil down This......

The heavens INDEED declare the Glory of God! Psalm 19:1

The Good News:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made. John 1:1-3

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

God demonstrated His love by sending His promised Son, the Savior and Messiah, Jesus Christ, and allowing Him to be crucified. God paid for our sins Himself. The Lord is good, just and merciful beyond our understanding.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life". John 3:16

Seek God now. Humbly ask Him to forgive you of your sins. Jesus Christ paid the full price for sin on a Roman cross almost 2000 years ago. Seek His free gift of forgiveness and unending love.

Jesus Christ said: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7,8

Reject Jesus Christ and pay for your sin yourself, forever alone, forever without God...

"The great day of the Lord is near. It is near and coming quickly. Listen! The cry on that day will be bitter...I will bring distress on the people and they will walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord. Their blood will be poured out like dust and their entrails like filth. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the Lord's wrath. In the fire of His jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for He will make a sudden end of all who live on the earth...Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what He commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger." Zephaniah 1:14-18 2:3

Most think heaven awaits them. The One who rose from the grave after 3 days said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 God the Son came as a sinless man. Philipians 2:5-8 He gave up His human life to save ours. He said that His death was the only acceptable payment for sin. He is our ONLY way to God. He died to give our spirit eternal life. Without Him, we are spiritually dead. Ephesians 2:1-2

He declared: "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3 Are you truly "born again"? John 3:3 Does the Spirit of Christ now dwell within you? John 14:20 & Romans 8:9 Have you been adopted into God's family forever through faith in our Redeemer and Lord, Jesus Christ? Galatians 4:5 It is critical you make certain! Earnestly ask God to change your hard heart.

If Jesus and his Apostles were around today, would he use Microsoft Office and a PC or an Apple to write the New Testament? I think He would use an Apple.

Would He support Iran going nuke, or would He support the Jews on a first strike?

At times, Jesus was a hot head and I think He would support the hit on Gaza but would agree to the cease fire. He would be mad if a rocket would hit Mary's home.

Jesus would like the F-22, but could turn it into a F-15 if He wanted to.

I think Jesus would sometime eat at Taco Bell. Paul would share his nachos with Jesus.

Jesus would drink PowerAid more often than Gatorade.

I would feel uncomfortable if Judas would kiss me.

Jesus would use Verizon instead of AT&T. But He would use Paul's IPhone because it has Shazam.

Hospitals would always like it when Jesus would make a visit. The doctors and nurses would have a day off.

Jesus would always get a wedding invitation. All of the weddings would have an open bar.

Jesus likes to visit the churches that have Air conditioning.

I don't think Jesus would like seeing all of the statues of Him on the Cross. It would remind Him of a bad time. He would prefer to be remember coming out of the tomb. That was a good time.

Jesus likes good jokes. He would also laugh when John farts. Everybody around Him would laugh too. He would call John "Stinker" when no one else was around.

Jesus would have more Church picnics and fewer fund raisers.

I don't think Jesus would attend a Catholic school (I did for 12 years)..... The nuns would creep Him out.

Jesus would like talking with Albert Einstein. He would say something about Albert's hair.

Jesus would ask His Father to get a Yahoo e-mail account so they could e-mail each other.

Jesus would not ride a donkey on the highways today.

:shades:

Just thinking..... :reading: :shades:

If Jesus and his Apostles were around today, would he use Microsoft Office and a PC or an Apple to write the New Testament? I think He would use an Apple.

Would He support Iran going nuke, or would He support the Jews on a first strike?

At times, Jesus was a hot head and I think He would support the hit on Gaza but would agree to the cease fire. He would be mad if a rocket would hit Mary's home.

I think Jesus would sometime eat at Taco Bell. Paul would share his nachos with Jesus.

Jesus would use Verizon instead of AT&T. But He would use Paul's IPhone because it has Shazam.

Hospitals would always like it when Jesus would make a visit. The doctors and nurses would have a day off.

Jesus would always get a wedding invitation. All of the weddings would have an open bar.

I don't think Jesus would like seeing all of the statues of Him on the Cross. It would remind Him of a bad time. He would prefer to be remember coming out of the tomb. That was a good time.

Jesus likes good jokes. He would also laugh when John farts. Everybody around Him would laugh too. He would call John "Stinker" when no one else was around.

I don't think Jesus would attend a Catholic school (I did for 12 years)..... The nuns would creep Him out.

Jesus would like talking with Albert Einstein. He would say something about Albert's hair.

Jesus would ask His Father to get a Yahoo e-mail account so they could e-mail each other.

I think we have a ringer here. Excellent writing!

Edited by Trimdingman

You are quoting from the Bible, which cannot be proven to be correct. You are asking for me to have faith that something is true, just because somebody that I am not convinced even existed "said" it. All this rambling is just gobbletygook to me. It is a smokescreen meant to baffle the mind so that it can't think for itself. I have never once seen anything remotely resembling things that were supposedly commonplace in the Bible. I am led to the reluctant conclusion that it was all made up.

Edited by Trimdingman

You are quoting from the Bible, which cannot be proven to be correct. You are asking for me to have faith that something is true, just because somebody that I am not convinced even existed "said" it. All this rambling is just gobbletygook to me. It is a smokescreen meant to baffle the mind so that it can't think for itself. I have never once seen anything remotely resembling things that were supposedly commonplace in the Bible. I am led to the reluctant conclusion that it was all made up.

The most important thing the Bible provides is the message. Many have lost focus on that, or worse used the Bible for self-promotion. The Bible itself isn't a tool of manipulation, but a charlatan may use it that way.

You (and others) seem to be hung up on how others practice Christanity, without addressing the actual message of Jesus. You also focus on whether Christ existed, without considering His message the message attributed to Him.

I believe that Christ existed. I believe he was the Son of God. Does it matter to you? Should it? Or should it matter that that (to the best of my human ability) I live by the principles exhorted in the Bible, recorded as the word of Christ?

I'm not trying to beat up on you (specifically Trim), but we (including many Christians) have lost focus on the message, and seem more concerned with (what I believe are) trivialities.

To believe in Christ's message, is (in one way) to believe in Christ. It's up to God (and noone else) to judge the rest.

If you have a problem with anything in Christ's message (as in what he actually said), I'd like to hear it. Please provide the quote (from the Bible preferably), and fill me in on your specific problem with it.

(NOTE: Please don't say things like the whole Bible is one big fantasm. Sure, I'll admit that much of the allegory is rather unusual, but allegory often is. Don't forget that.)

Hold on,let me see if i can bum some pot from the neighbor kid and read that again.I think there might be something deep here.

Suit yourself.

The most important thing the Bible provides is the message. Many have lost focus on that, or worse used the Bible for self-promotion. The Bible itself isn't a tool of manipulation, but a charlatan may use it that way.

You (and others) seem to be hung up on how others practice Christanity, without addressing the actual message of Jesus. You also focus on whether Christ existed, without considering His message the message attributed to Him.

I believe that Christ existed. I believe he was the Son of God. Does it matter to you? Should it? Or should it matter that that (to the best of my human ability) I live by the principles exhorted in the Bible, recorded as the word of Christ?

I'm not trying to beat up on you (specifically Trim), but we (including many Christians) have lost focus on the message, and seem more concerned with (what I believe are) trivialities.

To believe in Christ's message, is (in one way) to believe in Christ. It's up to God (and noone else) to judge the rest.

If you have a problem with anything in Christ's message (as in what he actually said), I'd like to hear it. Please provide the quote (from the Bible preferably), and fill me in on your specific problem with it.

(NOTE: Please don't say things like the whole Bible is one big fantasm. Sure, I'll admit that much of the allegory is rather unusual, but allegory often is. Don't forget that.)

Jesus, if he existed, was only one person. Everybody has something to say, including myself. I don't expect a lot of people to do or act as I tell them. That would be total arrogance. I think that people should think for themselves, and try to ignore pre-conceived notions like religions. Then, they can look at these things with an open mind and without fear. Many Christians live in fear that if they "do wrong" they will suffer unspeakable horrors. To me that is the classic con job. I don't think it is right to brainwash children to religion. If you are an adult, and you want to join some mind-controlling cult, it isn't wise, but it is a free country.

• 2 weeks later...

"Religion is the opiate of the people." That was said by Karl Marx. He understood the power of brainwashing. He just wanted the people to switch brands. You need to fill your mind with common sense, and leave childrens' fairy tales to children, and dictators dictating to themselves.

When religion was law, people were murdered and tortured for not believing. It still goes on to-day in countries where it is allowed, such as Muslim countries. Islam was considered humane compared to Christianity. Christian leaders devised the most horrific tortures that their evil minds could invent. No mercy or quarter was given when they fought the Crusades. Burning alive was believed to be an example for those heathens who were bound for Hell unless they repent. They became addicted to watching other peoples' pain and suffering.

Not to start an augment, :shades: but what are your thoughts of the scriptures that didn't make the final cut into the Bible? Where they still the word of God that man didn't want?

What books? Apocrypha books? No. I don't think any of them even claim Inspiration or Authority.

Peace and Blessings

He will say that it was "God" who influenced the ones who chose which books to put into the Bible. That was an easy one. You can never eliminate all of the possibilities. Have you ever heard of the "Flat Earth Society"? They say that the earth is flat, and they have an explanation for any evidence to the contrary. You just can't prove that they are wrong, just like you can't prove that Christianity is wrong, but it is, and the earth is not flat.

No. The bible is not inspired by God. Only the original manuscripts were and we have copies and we can put them in to a book. Further, God protects His Word or else it would be as you say - Worthless. And if it were worthless I would not waste my time. But I was called and I answered. I hear his voice and He knows me.

Hundreds of biblical prophecies have come true. However, some Flat Earther types refuse to acknowledge this. They have a difficult time accepting and believing that things that were written down thousands of years ago could have been fulfilled. They only believe what happens in their life time. Soon the holocaust will also be a myth. But it is funny, or sad depending upon how you look at it. Those same people that refuse any spiritual writing truths seem to have no problems with the other writings of the times.

Peace and Blessings

For the most part Jesus and the apostles taught the Jews.

For the most part Paul taught the gentiles.

Paul revealed the secretes/mysteries previously concealed.

Christians as you say follow Christ. Not that it matters, but I would say Paul was the largest point for starting the Christian following. If one wanted to make any kind of statement as to when Christianity came about it would probably be best laid at Paul's feet.

Peace and Blessings

You can't "reform" religion. A religion can't change. If it changes, it loses its credibility. If it changes once, it can change again in the future. Religion is supposed to be absolute, and true. If it is subject to change on a whim, how can it be? Anybody who cannot see that logic is under deep mind control and needs to seek help. To start, remove your mind from the Bible. It has many flaws, and believing in it channels your thinking process into illogical conclusions.

You are correct. True religion does not change.

But you don't know enough about Christianity and God to understand that it has not changed.

It developed for a stiff necked mankind. From the Garden, to harsh OT law to Grace in the NT law. It was revealed slowly for a reason.

Peace and Blessings

I am a Christian.

Be careful with the Red Letter part. All scripture is breathed of God. So technically it is all in Red.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Peace and Blessings

Reluctant? Why so? How so?

common place? Like what? Tending sheep, hopes, dreams, love, hate, good, evil, business, death, murder, etc. What do you mean resembling things that were supposedly commonplace?

Peace and Blessings

"Religion is the opiate of the people." That was said by Karl Marx. He understood the power of brainwashing. He just wanted the people to switch brands. You need to fill your mind with common sense, and leave childrens' fairy tales to children, and dictators dictating to themselves.

When religion was law, people were murdered and tortured for not believing. It still goes on to-day in countries where it is allowed, such as Muslim countries. Islam was considered humane compared to Christianity. Christian leaders devised the most horrific tortures that their evil minds could invent. No mercy or quarter was given when they fought the Crusades. Burning alive was believed to be an example for those heathens who were bound for Hell unless they repent. They became addicted to watching other peoples' pain and suffering.

So anything that has a bad side is bad and should be ignored? Science, politics, parenting, working, etc?

Scientists lie and make mistakes. So no more science?

Parents abuse their children. So no more parenting?

A kid broke his leg playing hockey on the team I coach so Hockey should never be played?

You can not see the forest through the trees. You hold religion to a level you hold nothing else to. You hold Christians to be perfect else its a lie. Best to just say you don't believe than to state silly reasons for not believing.

Peace and Blessings

No. The bible is not inspired by God. Only the original manuscripts were and we have copies and we can put them in to a book. Further, God protects His Word or else it would be as you say - Worthless. And if it were worthless I would not waste my time. But I was called and I answered. I hear his voice and He knows me.

Hundreds of biblical prophecies have come true. However, some Flat Earther types refuse to acknowledge this. They have a difficult time accepting and believing that things that were written down thousands of years ago could have been fulfilled. They only believe what happens in their life time. Soon the holocaust will also be a myth. But it is funny, or sad depending upon how you look at it. Those same people that refuse any spiritual writing truths seem to have no problems with the other writings of the times.

Peace and Blessings

If you have thousands of years of history, you can find something that could be construed as the fulfiling of any prophesy. You could say that the Armageddon prophesy was already fulfilled with the fall of the Roman Empire. The Hallocaust did happen. It happened because Hitler brainwashed the German people to his Aryian religion. Religion teaches intolerance of people who do not share its beliefs. Hitler's religion was based partly on Christianity, with a sort of "Mormon" twist. His socialism was easily beaten by the Jews' capitalism, so he tried to exterminate a whole race of people under the guise of a religious movement.

Edited by Trimdingman

So anything that has a bad side is bad and should be ignored? Science, politics, parenting, working, etc?

Scientists lie and make mistakes. So no more science?

Parents abuse their children. So no more parenting?

A kid broke his leg playing hockey on the team I coach so Hockey should never be played?

You can not see the forest through the trees. You hold religion to a level you hold nothing else to. You hold Christians to be perfect else its a lie. Best to just say you don't believe than to state silly reasons for not believing.

Peace and Blessings

Anything should be ignored if it has the earmarks of mind control with no tangible evidence to back it up. Religions have sprung up ever since mankind began to puzzle over his existence. The unscrupulous have taken advantage of peoples' ignorance and invented religions for personal gain. Christianity was adopted by the Romans, after first being rejected, as a last ditch effort to hold the crumbling empire together. It failed.

Edited by Trimdingman