The Final stand for the Bailout.

The final battle between congress and the big 3 for Bailout money starts at 2:55 EST (roughly, if you know how that works). Representatives from the Big 3 and the head of the UAW will be present for the battle. Tune into CSPAN if you wish to view the madness. I will be posting updates, for those of you that actually have lives.

The final battle between congress and the big 3 for Bailout money starts at 2:55 EST (roughly, if you know how that works). Representatives from the Big 3 and the head of the UAW will be present for the battle. Tune into CSPAN if you wish to view the madness. I will be posting updates, for those of you that actually have lives.

wonder if the angst from Congress members is actually towards the UAW and less so the big Three?.......this morning CNN....cost per vehicle for medical and retirement GM = 1600....Toyota....200........

Edited by Deanh

Sen. Enzi just slapped the shit out of the UAW :finger:

tellin ya...congress has a UAW vendetta....BUT they ALSO have some accountability in this fracass...WAY too many entities have been pulling the Big Threes strings....Toyota and Honda execs must be laughing their ass's off by not having to live by the same set of rules and to be catered too.....pfffffffffft!

Is Sen. Tim Johnson retarded?

No. He had a weird medical thing---a cluster of thinly walled blood vessels in the back of his brain that collapsed. After effects were basically the same as a stroke or an aneurysm, but was neither.

He was just reelected here. Opponent made much of Johnson's position on the banking oversight committee (in regards to the bailout), but the speech impediment was completely off limits.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16199440/

Rep Johnson (R - Kentucky) I disagree with. Ford is able to be successful, I don't want to see government facilitated bankruptcy. Bankruptcy should be a last resort.

I also agree with Tom Carper (D-Delaware) that its not clear how GM without aid could comeout of bankruptcy.

Tom Carper seems to be the only one there that has even been paying attention to the industry since the 20th century.

Elizabeth Dole just slapped the shit out of the rest of the committee, while offering absolutely no opinion on the topic at hand. :finger:

Rep Johnson (R - Kentucky) I disagree with. Ford is able to be successful, I don't want to see government facilitated bankruptcy. Bankruptcy should be a last resort.

I also agree with Tom Carper (D-Delaware) that its not clear how GM without aid could comeout of bankruptcy.

Rep. Johnson is not fom Kentucky.

I can't watch it. Stupidity of massive proportions makes me want to throw a brick through my TV.

I like my TV too much.

However, I'm sure I can imagine exactly what is going on. A bunch of people who know absolutally nothing about the subject at hand, are trying to tell those who live it everyday............... how they are supposed to do their jobs............... and what they have been doing wrong.

It would be akin to me making a speach to NASA, about how to build a better space shuttle.