GTR tranny woes

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25361

I was driving my gtr two weeks ago and I heard a loud noise coming from the rear. I turned immediately had my gtr towed to crown nissan st. petersburg fl. They didn't touch my car only called some techs from tennessee to look at the car and record the noise, 4 days later two guys from japan to download some info from the car then left. Then I get a call from the dealer to tell me the news, and they told me that the car was driven without vdc too much and nissan will not warranty the transmission which they said was destroyed, I asked them how much to fix it they told me 20k, no freaking way I will pay 20k on top of what i just paid for the car. I called the gtr number and also talked to nissan consumer affairs got nowhere, now the car is sitting at the dealer. I know we shouldn't launch the car but why own it if you cant use this function, don't sell a car that goes 0-60 in 3.4 sec if the only way you can achieve this speed is to void the warranty , false advertising. Here is the bad news people were fearing it has happened to me and Nissan has told me there are already three people in my shoes, if you are one of these people email me, we have got to get together on this. Just think if any of you guys have taken the vdc off just a few times you have already voided your warranty, good luck what a joke nissan.

Yet another feature, from another manufacturer, put on in the initial production run to get the auto-mag writers to cream all over it when they do their initial reviews. Then, the next run, that stuff gets yanked off and consigned to the dung heap. Shift logics get tamed down. Engine tunes soften a little. And the rest of the model run is magically problem free.

"So, sir, what do you make of all these reports of failing transmissions and electrical nightmares with your new supercar?"

"Well ma'am, there were some bugs that needed to be worked out that didn't come up until we were in regular production, but, we've now taken care of those and, as the statistics bear out, the next two years of production had substantially higher quality numbers." He then motions over to a token few people standing in a group, some with apparel from the company P.R. department. "And, as you can see behind me, we're making every effort to make these, our launch customers, right again."

"Well, there you have it, what few problems might have existed with the vehicle are now long gone, and the company is doing the right thing for its customers that were stung by these problems with the first year cars."

In other words, usual crap.

no longer a problem in the 2010'

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/7219787/th...trol/index.html

so does this mean its no longer as fast as the 09s could be?

You just won't be abotu to launch the 2010's like the 09's. I think I've seen 0-60 times in the low 4's with just mashing the gas and not using the launch control.

I'd still take a Z06 over that fat pig any day of the week. :finger:

By way of comparison, how much does a Ferrari transmission cost?

I think most of the people that have problems with their Ferraris seem to have problems with immovable objects in their way long before the tranny fails. :hysterical:

I imagine it wouldn't be cheap, but if you can afford the car I guess you afford to maintain it. Must be nice.