Next Mustang Bullitt

papilgee4evaeva

Mark, you may be right. Seems popular enough though... and I'd consider getting one just because it comes in my favorite color. :happy feet:

Steven, that would be sick. Especially since we haven't discussed, much less heard about, the 5.0EB (though I did see it in an article about the technology). Would love to see some power numbers for it one day... guess we have to wait, huh?

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

Mark, you may be right. Seems popular enough though... and I'd consider getting one just because it comes in my favorite color. :happy feet:

Steven, that would be sick. Especially since we haven't discussed, much less heard about, the 5.0EB (though I did see it in an article about the technology). Would love to see some power numbers for it one day... guess we have to wait, huh?

I like the Highland Green too. It is on my '02 Explorer. A 5.0 EcoBoost would be a fitting 21st Century Boss 302.

...which still wasn't that much compared to the 427SO. A EB5.0 would outperform any engine Ford can currently produce. Sounds like bad marketing if you ask me...

but Ford never put a 427 in the Mustang :D.

428s were rated at more than the Moss 302s, and were faster. The Boss cars were definately more of a road race package where the 428s were the muscle car and drag strip cars. or luxo high end when all decked out.

but Ford never put a 427 in the Mustang :D.

428s were rated at more than the Moss 302s, and were faster. The Boss cars were definately more of a road race package where the 428s were the muscle car and drag strip cars. or luxo high end when all decked out.

It's not a question of who put it in there. The fact is that the most iconic mustangs of the time were powered by 427 side-oilers.

...which still wasn't that much compared to the 427SO. A EB5.0 would outperform any engine Ford can currently produce. Sounds like bad marketing if you ask me...

You are correct...but 350hp out of a 302 is nothing to sneeze at. In that era an engine producing more hp than cuin displacement was impressive. It is a shame that the side oiler never graced a Mustang...other than a dealer option 67 GT500. The 427 cougars weren't that impressive considered how detuned the 427s used i them were.

I knew you'd know, Igor... so my question to you is... is 5.0 online for '11 or '12, or do you know?

well it is SUPPOSED to be online for 2011 ... that is as much as I know. Have not heard of any trouble on that program .. but maybe Versa tech knows

I'd rather not see another Bullitt for another 30 years. Making a "special edition" isn't very special if the same one comes out every 3-4 years. There are plenty of other ways to go with special edition Mustangs. Explore those instead.

I agree. This last one was for the 40th anniversary, right? Then at least wait another 10 years for a 50th anniversary car. It's time for another famous Stang badge to make a return.

I've been hearing Mach 1, but I gotta say I'll be severely disappointed if we have a 5.0-liter V8 around for awhile and we don't get a BOSS Mustang out of it!

Speaking of which, since it was originally called a BOSS 302, has anyone found out what is the actual cubic-inch displacement of the new 5.0-liter? Are we going retro right down to the cubic-inch? (Even though we all know 302 is actually a 4.9-liter...)

I agree. This last one was for the 40th anniversary, right? Then at least wait another 10 years for a 50th anniversary car. It's time for another famous Stang badge to make a return.

I've been hearing Mach 1, but I gotta say I'll be severely disappointed if we have a 5.0-liter V8 around for awhile and we don't get a BOSS Mustang out of it!

Speaking of which, since it was originally called a BOSS 302, has anyone found out what is the actual cubic-inch displacement of the new 5.0-liter? Are we going retro right down to the cubic-inch? (Even though we all know 302 is actually a 4.9-liter...)

IIRC the last 5.0 wasn't really 5 litres.

I'd rather not see another Bullitt for another 30 years. Making a "special edition" isn't very special if the same one comes out every 3-4 years. There are plenty of other ways to go with special edition Mustangs. Explore those instead.

I agree. Time to bring back another limited edition classic Mustang 30 years later:

78cobra2.jpg

:P

I thought they put a detuned 427 (390 HP with hydraulic lifters) in the 68 model. Am I wrong about that?

That was the W Code Cougar GT-E. Mustangs never got 427s from Ford directly. Shelby made at least one that i know of and some racers made some im sure, but Ford didnt do any directly.