Next Mustang Bullitt

papilgee4evaeva

I agree. Time to bring back another limited edition classic Mustang 30 years later:

78cobra2.jpg

:P

Say what you will about the late lamented II. The car was a hot seller in its day and saved the Mustang name through perilous times. I am old enough to remember when these cars hit the showroom and Charlie's Angels. It was the right move, just like the '58 T-Bird.

With the end of the Pontiac Grand Prix, Mustang is now the oldest American car nameplate continuously available at retail.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

That was the W Code Cougar GT-E. Mustangs never got 427s from Ford directly. Shelby made at least one that i know of and some racers made some im sure, but Ford didnt do any directly.

One of the guys in our Mustang Club sold his '67 427 GT500 a couple of years ago. It went to some baseball player in San Francisco for $200k+. It was a very early car with the inset fog lights, and supposedly the only one in Brittany Blue with a Parchment interior.

One of the guys in our Mustang Club sold his '67 427 GT500 a couple of years ago. It went to some baseball player in San Francisco for $200k+. It was a very early car with the inset fog lights, and supposedly the only one in Brittany Blue with a Parchment interior.

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2007/2007b...onlot1354.1.php

that it? beautiful car, but all those goodies must be Shelby added. the only 427 car i remember hearing about is a white Shelby creation.

Say what you will about the late lamented II. The car was a hot seller in its day and saved the Mustang name through perilous times. I am old enough to remember when these cars hit the showroom and Charlie's Angels. It was the right move, just like the '58 T-Bird.

With the end of the Pontiac Grand Prix, Mustang is now the oldest American car nameplate continuously available at retail.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what happened to the Corvette?

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2007/2007b...onlot1354.1.php

that it? beautiful car, but all those goodies must be Shelby added. the only 427 car i remember hearing about is a white Shelby creation.

That must be the car based on the color combination. It must have been restored after my friend Jack sold it. It was unrestored and driven quite often when Jack owned it. I will send a copy of this to him. Thanks for the link.

Go try to buy a 1983 Corvette. Only 43 were built and none were sold to the public. Officially, the 1983 year was skipped.

From Wikipedia Corvette entry:

The fourth generation Corvette began production in March 1983 as a 1984 model. The 1983 model year was skipped due to production problems, although 44 prototype 1983 models were completed. All 44 1983 model year prototypes assembled were crushed except for one (the 23rd produced), which is displayed at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Corvette C4 production began in March 1983 as a 1984 model, and ended in 1996.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_(car)

The fourth generation Corvette began production in March 1983 as a 1984 model. The 1983 model year was skipped due to production problems, although 44 prototype 1983 models were completed. All 44 1983 model year prototypes assembled were crushed except for one (the 23rd produced), which is displayed at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Corvette C4 production began in March 1983 as a 1984 model, and ended in 1996.

I wish someone would settle on the actual number of '83s built. I've heard 47 and now 44. 43 was the number I always heard. The one part that is consistent is the 1 remaining in the museum.

In Corvette history, that makes my birth year special. :D

so why is four valve technology dead on the vine?? to throw it away doesn,t make sense since can outperform any three valve out there . this is what irks me so much with the bean counters at ford if people want to pay a premium for a better head design then offer it to us don,t jam inferior stuff down our throats like that it,s maddening.

so why is four valve technology dead on the vine?? to throw it away doesn,t make sense since can outperform any three valve out there . this is what irks me so much with the bean counters at ford if people want to pay a premium for a better head design then offer it to us don,t jam inferior stuff down our throats like that it,s maddening.

Who said 4-valves are dead? I thought it was understood that the new 5.0 would be a 4-valve engine.

The engineers at the reveal were very tight lipped as to drivetrains. The rumor is the Mustang will get the Duratec 35 for the V6 and a new DOHC 5.0 for the V8. Then, perhaps a EcoBoost 5.0 for the top of the line Mustang. This should happen for the 2011 Mustang.

Maybe the forthcoming 6.2 liter engine will become an option on the 2011 Mustang. It's a pushrod so fit problems may not arise. It's whats needed to compete with the new Camaro.

Don't forget the magneto....

and because of smog emissions we,ll have to use venturi port style carb remember those beauties on the 85 vickies!!! dude forget those pushrod dinosaurs they can,t put out the power. i heard the 5.0 was going to be the crate engine that ford mosport offers to the body in white racers. with sohc heads using smaller valves and beehive springs. am i wrong?? i heard the dohc,s were to expansive to make!!!