IRS in new Cobra?

timmm55

I love this topic...

Here's my take:

If it were an IRS system, I think the Exhaust would have to be routed below the center of the arms since there is a bit more travel when using IRS. Therefore, if it were an IRS system, the Exhaust would be hanging low in a more prominent fashion similar to the '99,'01 and '03-04 Cobras. To me it looks like there will not be any IRS for a while. No biggie.

There does appear to be a bit of camber to those rear wheels...

I didn't think anything special of this until NLPRacing pointed out the camber.

It's very noticeable. I'm kind of surprised I didn't notice that before.

There's no way to add camber to a solid axle, is there?

Hmmmmmm..... :shades:

You guy see camber? Really? You know what I see? I see the axle sticking out further on the driver's side just like my 07. That is a trademark of the panhard bar. :shades:

There is definitely camber there. Look at the way the tires "v" towards each other. Solid axle won't do that.

Did you put lowering springs in your car? That should be the only reason your wheels would push to the side. That's not a trademark of a panhard bar, but rather an incorrectly set up suspension. Lowering the car will cause this, and you'll need an adjustable panhard rod for the easy fix.

There is definitely camber there. Look at the way the tires "v" towards each other. Solid axle won't do that.

Did you put lowering springs in your car? That should be the only reason your wheels would push to the side. That's not a trademark of a panhard bar, but rather an incorrectly set up suspension. Lowering the car will cause this, and you'll need an adjustable panhard rod for the easy fix.

Its stock. It comes standard with the offset. Alot of Shelby owners notice this. I'll stand by my comment. No IRS. Its the vert rear chassis braces.

Solid axles can have camber in them.

Please explain.

NASCAR actually had to make a rule about the maximum amount of camber in a SRA ! Teams were just bending the right side axle tube tube up several degrees. They found that the axle shafts could handled the flexing. Well, at least for 500 miles !

That has to be the ultimate compliment any NASCAR chassis builder/team manager gets. A rule against your idea !