First Drive: 2010 Fusion Sport/SEL

Hugh

Looking at this picture, I think it looks good.....it's starting to grow on me. I wasn't sure about it at first, but the more I see it, the more I like it.

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2010fusio...=thumb1280x1280

Although I don't know why they couldn't use the whole red space for the 3rd brake light.

Edited by rmc523

Looking at this picture, I think it looks good.....it's starting to grow on me. I wasn't sure about it at first, but the more I see it, the more I like it.

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2010fusio...=thumb1280x1280

Although I don't know why they couldn't use the whole red space for the 3rd brake light.

looks like the guy responsible for the current drop down headlight look didn't want to be left out, threw a hissy and ended up being given the rear just to shut up.........

We won't see any hybrids till April...first batch was only of 100 or so cars.....first regular Fusions late January early feb i beleive

We had a Hybrid (beige), a Sport AWD (in black) and an SEL (silver) in the showroom in Oakville (CHQ). The SEL is still there.

I'm saving my dimes and nickels for a new SEL AWD and hand down my 08 to my wife.

We had a Hybrid (beige), a Sport AWD (in black) and an SEL (silver) in the showroom in Oakville (CHQ). The SEL is still there.

I'm saving my dimes and nickels for a new SEL AWD and hand down my 08 to my wife.

not for sale as of yet, they were probably for show....

not for sale as of yet, they were probably for show....

I know that they are not for sale.

I should have explained that I work for Ford of Canada and that the cars were in the showroom at Ford of Canada HQ in Oakville, Ontario, which we call CHQ.

Sorry. :beerchug:

I know that they are not for sale.

I should have explained that I work for Ford of Canada and that the cars were in the showroom at Ford of Canada HQ in Oakville, Ontario, which we call CHQ.

Sorry. :beerchug:

cannot wait to see one in the flesh...everybody that has has been raving.......

I find the drive into LA infuriating....only time I go is Airport pickups and drop-offs.....HATE that drive, ranks right up there with the 91

I know I know.....

We went up on the Saturday after thanksgiving in the late afternoon. There was heavy traffic on the 5 basically the entire way up. So yeah I can understand your pain, the freeways up there are designed horribly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw the new Milan Hybrid and Fusion Sport at the Harrisburg car show ...they had the Milan right next to an 09 Milan Voga edition and people were looking at the Voga and not even seeing the 2010 right next to it ...the interior on that Voga is pretty damn nice! As for the Fusion, no one cared about it ....they were too busy looking at the Edge Sport and Flex not to mention the 2010 MKZ and MKS (that is one solid friggin car! VERY impressed, and so were the people in the car when I was looking at it). The new Fusion is just blah, there isn't anything sporty about it maybe it was the color but it did nothing for me at all, even the interior was boring. A step up from the current? Yes but it still needs a ton of work. The radio controls are just plain stupid and way too small for the average fat a** american finger. I was really excited going into it but left unimpressed. The new Mustang made up for it though!

A step up from the current? Yes but it still needs a ton of work. The radio controls are just plain stupid and way too small for the average fat a** american finger. I was really excited going into it but left unimpressed. The new Mustang made up for it though!

Having owned an '06 Mustang GT and currently owning an '06 Explorer and an '08 Escape I can tell you that the Fusion's interior, which is very similar to the current Escape's interior, is a BIG step up. The old "brick" radio of the Explorer and Mustang absolutely bit the big one. The new eye level 3 line multi-color display in our Escape blows away the older "brick's" 2 line display handily. Plus I can control everything I need from the steering wheel, and see what's going on on the display with a quick glance, unlike the older 2006 models in question.

That being said, if you buy a new Ford with this new center stack design, which I think is wonderful BTW, there are a lot of buttons and it can be cumbersome to use if you for some reason don't have the steering wheel controls. I say this because a couple of times my wife was trying to override my entertainment selection from the passenger seat by using the center stack and I was totally lost as to which button to push.

It is layed out in a logical manner IMO compared to other mfrs. But I can see your point even if I think it's only a problem in a limited number of situations.

Baggs: I definitely agree. It is a step up from the current and that new nav screen is HUGE...should be a promising upgrade for folks who want it. Even though a lot of people don't like the way Ford is going with all the buttons I actually like it. I know it may be a little confusing but its different and I like different. I just think Ford needs to make them a little bigger!