Bush's plan=bankruptcy?

CSMJ

hold off on your praises to the burning bush!! He has stated several times that "we need to prevent a DISORDERLY bankruptcy"".

Is he looking at a prepackaged bankruptcy for GM and Chrysler or just GM?

Anyone who thinks he wants to save the UAW is just crazy. He is gonna use this as leverage to get the colunbia free trade deal or maybe some tax cuts for the rich.

I think he is going to wait it out and call GM/Chryslers bluff! Maybe there not close to bankruptcy, maybe they can make it to March with no loan $$.

We all know that the companies want that deal that limits our pay!! If Bush gives them the same deal that corker did the company will take it if thay really need the cash that bad!

go read Lebeau's article on cnbc com

hold off on your praises to the burning bush!! He has stated several times that "we need to prevent a DISORDERLY bankruptcy"".

Anyone who thinks he wants to save the UAW is just crazy. He is gonna use this as leverage to get the colunbia free trade deal or maybe some tax cuts for the rich.

I think he is going to wait it out and call GM/Chryslers bluff! Maybe there not close to bankruptcy, maybe they can make it to March with no loan $$.

We all know that the companies want that deal that limits our pay!! If Bush gives them the same deal that corker did the company will take it if thay really need the cash that bad!

Its looking like Bush is waiting them out! He will wait too long then say sorry bankruptcy is your only option!!!

Its looking like Bush is waiting them out! He will wait too long then say sorry bankruptcy is your only option!!!

As of this morning it was reported that Chrysler is willing to give up majority share and has resumed talks with GM on a merger to show the Government a good faith effort at solvency and viability.

Edited by level

As of this morning it was reported that Chrysler is willing to give up majority share and has resumed talks with GM on a merger to show the Government a good faith effort at solvency and viability.

GM said they are not in any way talking to Chrysler. All that talk was a rumor go read GM's official statement.

as i have been saying for a while i hope some of my fellow uaw workers are happy now....those that voted republican and u have the nerve to act surprised when they stab u in the back .. vote for the anti abortion anti gay agenda.....if you are against that stuff fix the real problems first. like unemployment the deficit etc etc..... stop being the morality police!!!!!!!!!! our future is in the shitter.... the american public hates us the republicans hate us talk radio and fox news trash us on a hourly basis..... :banghead::banghead::banghead: givebacks are coming like it or not..i dont like it any more than u but the reality train is coming............ :censored::censored::censored::censored: god help us all...... :sos:

as i have been saying for a while i hope some of my fellow uaw workers are happy now....those that voted republican and u have the nerve to act surprised when they stab u in the back .. vote for the anti abortion anti gay agenda.....if you are against that stuff fix the real problems first. like unemployment the deficit etc etc..... stop being the morality police!!!!!!!!!! our future is in the shitter.... the american public hates us the republicans hate us talk radio and fox news trash us on a hourly basis..... :banghead::banghead::banghead: givebacks are coming like it or not..i dont like it any more than u but the reality train is coming............ :censored::censored::censored::censored: god help us all...... :sos:

Aint it funny now to hear these repubs talk about spending the peoples money wisely :hysterical: and we need to protect the american tax payer from abuse :hysterical:

I suppose they forgot that the federal budget rose more under Bush then any other president is US history :hysterical: I guess they forgot that when the GOP held congress from 94-04 that "PORK" projects jumped from 1,500 a year to over 10,000 per year :hysterical: it appears they need a history lesson because they put in these pork projects and rose the natl debt :hysterical: And I didnt even mention how reagan and bush cause 90% of our natl debt of almost $9 trillion on there "trickle down economics" and tax cuts for the super rich :hysterical::hysterical:

I was right :finger: Bush is gonna give them the cash to go bankrupt..... merry christmas

He will give Ford an ultimatum. either go with GM to bankruptcy or u get nothing in the future!!

It will be in the provision of the loans.. Only thing is Obama could break that part but make no mistake Ford will get the same cuts that GM takes u can bet your ass on that!!!!!!

If Bush wants a prepack bankruptcy, then we all need to contact our Senators and Congressman and tell them NO! The only thing a prepack does is hurt the workers, creditors, dealers and retirees. Is this how you want your tax money used? If Bush is not willing to do the right thing then I do not want my tax money used.

If Bush goes that route and the Congress can not stop it then the UAW needs to get ready to strike so we can help our retirees and keep our pension, benefits and not take a bath on wages. Gettelfinger needs to let Bush know that the UAW will strike under a prepack after the money is loaned and the tax payer may never get it back! Many people say the economy is to bad to strike, but there were more strikes in the 1930's during the depression than any decade since. Workers knew times were bad but they were not going to be taken advantage of because of bad times.

You sure do run you mouth a lot. and most the time just rumors NO FACT go ahead Flame on

Its looking like Bush is waiting them out!

I think this is Georgie proving a point. When Rompin' Ronnie said publically that the White House would bail out Detroit even if the Senate voted against it, he painted Bush into a corner.

I don't know about you, but if I was president, I wouldn't want any business interest TELLING ME what I was going to do.

So this is more like posturing at the expense of EVERYONE that will be affected.

If bankruptcy does happen, it will have happened on Bush's watch. He will then go down as officially the wrost president ever. Even worse than Carter.

Yes a bankruptcy with many conditions that must be met by March or the government calls in the loans. A package that basically wants to UAW to sell the farm or be chastised in the media for not doing so, and if by March the big3 fail and the UAW did not make the concessions wanted by the government and the Big3 well you get the picture.

Yes a bankruptcy with many conditions that must be met by March or the government calls in the loans. A package that basically wants to UAW to sell the farm or be chastised in the media for not doing so, and if by March the big3 fail and the UAW did not make the concessions wanted by the government and the Big3 well you get the picture.

No I don't get the picture, please elaborate.