What Comes Around......

Yes. I've been watching things and was going to say something if it escalated further. It has. Folks, calm down. We can talk without resorting to cursing and name-calling. I would rather not edit your (all of you, not specifically you, Pioneer. I respect your restraint in this actually) posts.

How'd I do huh huh? Pretty good for an autoworker I thought, That must be because I'm uneducated, muzzled and oppressed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't American workers at the BMW plant deserve bailout money too? :reading:

Or do you hate them because they don't belong to the UAW?

Is the issue we're facing about Americans working in the auto sector, or is it about UAW labor? Or is it about the "right-to-work" laws?

The men and women at the transplants factories work just as hard at UAW members do. They too should get a cut of the Fed pie. :reading: They are tax paying Americans too...

They are FOREIGN companies paying taxes to Germany and Japan not the USA...........

Maybe them workers should stop bending over and demand at least $28 an hour with good benefits and stop letting these companies come here and fucking up americas pay scale....

They wont and dont deserve SHIT from the US tax payers.... Make those companies first change to American companies paying american corporate taxes then maybe!!!

Sounds like a personal attack to me. What do you say, Nick?

Anyway, all three of your statements apply to yourself. Just one example:

We don't get "sick days". You really should stick to things you know.

So, who's the moron now?

"...Some-not many-Big Three plants still suffer from high levels of absenteeism-up to 25% daily. UAW workers can legally go AWOL up to five times and just charge it to their vacation time. Look for the Big Three to be able to fire workers who are chronically absent..."

This is what I was referring to as sick days. I asked you if this statement was true and you brushed it aside.

Here is my stance on the American 3 and UAW:

I have never called for the end of the UAW. I post items from journalist about items that address UAW and Big 3 issues. I ask the forum's union members if these statements are true.

Then for some reason, instead of discussing the items in an open forum for others to understand the UAWs logic, a few people go ballistic.

I feel badly for the people that are being laid off due to the economy. But I ask, have you prepared yourself for a new job in a new sector.

It is disappointing that the Big 3 are losing market share to the imports and transplants. But I just don't see how the trend can return to profits unless major restructuring occurs within the Big 3. Can anyone here address an opposing opinion about this issue without attacking?

I wish that everyone on BON would have "Happy Holidays", but I know many of you will not.

I hope that the Big 3 can return to the glory days of old (referring to sales, not quality) but I know that is not likely. But I still invest my money in GM and Ford.

I know that the blue and white collar workers in the whole auto industry are distress. But many will survive and new ideas will emerge.

I will buy a new car next year. I always said it will be made in the USA, but I like what I see in the 2010 Fusion Hybrid. So I reserve the right to change my mind.

And to Critic, GUS is not closed, Mazda is part of Ford, not all of the data I post has been posted before, I never said I prefer Kia over Ford. And you still a........,,,,,, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Edited by NickF1011
You were fine until that last line.

"...Some-not many-Big Three plants still suffer from high levels of absenteeism-up to 25% daily. UAW workers can legally go AWOL up to five times and just charge it to their vacation time. Look for the Big Three to be able to fire workers who are chronically absent..."

This is what I was referring to as sick days. I asked you if this statement was true and you brushed it aside.

You post something like this, you better back it up with a link. That is a Blatant lie mister.

And to Critic, GUS is not closed, Mazda is part of Ford, not all of the data I post has been posted before, I never said I prefer Kia over Ford. And you still a........,,,,,, sweatheart Merry Christmas to you and your family.

And a happy new year to yours too.

It is disappointing that the Big 3 are losing market share to the imports and transplants. But I just don't see how the trend can return to profits unless major restructuring occurs within the Big 3. Can anyone here address an opposing opinion about this issue without attacking?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell you think the Domestics have been doing the last 6 or so years? Especially Ford. The UAW has lost over 50% of its membership in last few years and every Ford plant and almost all GM and Chrysler plants remaining have new work rules that favor the Company. On top of that misery UAW has taken concession after consession with many more to come with or without any government loans.

If you also remember, GM and Ford got much smaller when they spun off their parts business and now Visteon and Delphi workers are lucky to make $14/hour. In few years as the rest of the old timers retire, new Tier One workers will only be making about the same that work directly for GM and Ford.

Any more restructuring won't make any difference. Ford and GM could get to the size of Subaru and they still wouldn't make any money in this climate. What this market needs is CAR BUYERS.

Phase Two of any loans should and must be government INCENTIVES for Americans to buy new vehicles. Give them reason to buy. Tax holiday, tax incentives, write off of car loan interest, and other incentives to motivate Americans to buy a new vehicle.

Without that, all the restructuring in world will not make the auto industry healthier. They need new money coming into their coffers with 16 million new vehicle market. Without that, forget it.

Ford is half the size it was 6 years ago and still can't make money. It used to sell close to 300,000 vehicles a month. Now its lucky to sell 125,000. Ford has reduced its nut billions of dollars, but still sales are falling too fast too steep to keep up.

I had a link posted to the article from John McElroy of Autoline Detroit about this.

Here it is again.

I don't make this stuff up. I post links about the topics.

Link Autoline Detroit

That article is filled with so many errors it's ridiculous. That's why an autoworker doesn't stand a chance trying to defend something. Articles put out like that are picked up major wire-services and passed along and not fact checked. Then you read it and pass it along as gospel. Someone posted the complete contract for your perusal for you to make an informed decision. I don't even want to begin to correct the man. These types of people are paid to sit and come up with something to be published period. So to make a generalization about the whole picture and complete their assignment for their paycheck satisfies them and their boss. Basically I think their as lazy as the people they want to write about.

It's a great reason you don't hear the op-ed on it, you've lost before you try to explain. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.