What Comes Around......

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this amusing:

"This is an unfortunate reminder that Mississippi is not immune to the global economic slowdown.

Really? What is Mississippi all of a sudden the promise land? Give me a break.

The schmoes in SC and AL better take notice too, MB and BMW are only making SUVs these days down there. All it takes is another spike in oil, and........

Not anymore. Z4 production was moved to Regensburg, Germany after the previous gen was discontinued.

As is only the X5 and X6 are produced in Spartansburg. Also if I'm not mistaken the X3 will be moved here sooner or later.

Previous gen? There has only been one generation of Z4. Hmm...oh well. I could definitely see X3 production moving there.

Screw 'em! Get their bailout from Japan or Germany.

Doesn't American workers at the BMW plant deserve bailout money too? :reading:

Or do you hate them because they don't belong to the UAW?

Is the issue we're facing about Americans working in the auto sector, or is it about UAW labor? Or is it about the "right-to-work" laws?

The men and women at the transplants factories work just as hard at UAW members do. They too should get a cut of the Fed pie. :reading: They are tax paying Americans too...

1) Doesn't American workers at the BMW plant deserve bailout money too? :reading:

2) Or do you hate them because they don't belong to the UAW?

3) Is the issue we're facing about Americans working in the auto sector, or is it about UAW labor? Or is it about the "right-to-work" laws?

4) The men and women at the transplants factories work just as hard at UAW members do. They too should get a cut of the Fed pie. :reading: They are tax paying Americans too...

1) No. Maybe to the American workers, but NOT to BMW.

2) Nope, I don't hate anyone. But America has to come first.

3) Yes, no. No.

Simply put: American money for American companies that build American cars/trucks. Specificially Ford/GM/Chrysler. Not for foreign car companies that build cars here: Toy/Hon/Merc/BMW.

If the senators from the South are going to lobby against the Big 2.5, they sure as hell better not expect any federal funding for their foreign car companies they gave "concessions" to.

BMW has already brought Z4 production back to Germany. They are circling their wagons too. They will abandon US production as the economy gets tighter.

Doesn't American workers at the BMW plant deserve bailout money too? :reading:

"But even before viewing the details, the bulk of South Carolina’s (BMW transplant country)congressmen were either opposed to the plan or leaning against it."LINK

But BMW was the first German manufactuer to go to the German government for money "BMW became the first European carmaker publicly to consider tapping Germany’s government- backed banking rescue scheme on Tuesday and said it might also seek US assistance."They should call their S.C. puppets and tell them to reconsider the bailout since they want some from both Germany AND the U.S.LINK

Or do you hate them because they don't belong to the UAW?

Do you hate people because they are UAW members?

Is the issue we're facing about Americans working in the auto sector, or is it about UAW labor? Or is it about the "right-to-work" laws?
As stated above yes,no,no

The men and women at the transplants factories work just as hard at UAW members do. They too should get a cut of the Fed pie. :reading: They are tax paying Americans too...

Oh yes BMW is asking for a bailout from both Germany and the U.S...BUT what do you think the German government would be willing to give to help GM?

Edited by F250

Guys, he's trolling and you took his bait.

Next he'll say toyota desreves money because it's only fair if their biggest competitor (gm) got a loan then they should too or we don't have a true open market, yadda yadda yadda.

He's gone from sitting on the fence, to being outright biased against detroit.

Ignore it, maybe it will go away ala mlm?

Wrong.

What is needed for the Big 3 is flexibility, overhead reductions and money.

It takes to long for quick changes when under such a contract.

Example, instead of a pay cut by the UAW and white collier employees, what if $2/hr went to purchase stock in the company you worked for. The Big 3 would gain some capital, it shows good faith, and the employees may get something in return. BTW, each plant can still do this on their own!!!! That would make GREAT PR!!!!!

What if the UAW would have cut dues by $2/month/member and loan it to the Big 3?

Job Banks overhead needs to be reduced. Instead of cutting it completely, reduce it to 50% pay BUT increase the education benefits by 20%.

Reduce paid vacation time by 25% and drop 3 sick days.

Anyway, if the UAW could have made a few concessions before the Congressional Hearings, it should have gone a long-way toward public relations.

And if done right, some of the members could have made some money in the long run.

But the "dig in your heels" mentality sure doesn't sit will with the public, especially when most don't come close to UAW pay and benefits.

Again, it's not how much the gift cost, it's the thought.. :shades:

Edited by mettech

Wrong.

Example, instead of a pay cut by the UAW

What if the UAW

Job Banks overhead needs to be reduced.

Reduce paid vacation time by 25% and drop 3 sick days.

Anyway, if the UAW

But the "dig in your heels" mentality sure doesn't sit will with the public, especially when most don't come close to UAW pay and benefits.

Again, it's not how much the gift cost, it's the thought.. :shades:

UAW bashing! ALL UAW BASHING!

Your closed mind to any American Name is blatant. You only read and comprehend what you want.

You have no idea what is going on, but you jump on the whole problem lies with the UAW.

When transplants uproot and leave the US, what is your excuse then? But Ford / GM failure will allow the transplants to charge an Arm and a Leg for everything and what would your whining be about then? When the transplants decide to unionize then, what would you say? Well those workers have that right.

Your arguments are so sickeningly shallow. You want to make a statement. Spend your money on your import, keep your nose out of the other mans pocket. Funny how your father never beat that into your skull when you were a child. That just goes to show, how some children just never grow up period.

UAW bashing! ALL UAW BASHING!

Your closed mind to any American Name is blatant. You only read and comprehend what you want.

You have no idea what is going on, but you jump on the whole problem lies with the UAW.

When transplants uproot and leave the US, what is your excuse then? But Ford / GM failure will allow the transplants to charge an Arm and a Leg for everything and what would your whining be about then? When the transplants decide to unionize then, what would you say? Well those workers have that right.

Your arguments are so sickeningly shallow. You want to make a statement. Spend your money on your import, keep your nose out of the other mans pocket. Funny how your father never beat that into your skull when you were a child. That just goes to show, how some children just never grow up period.

Do you believe that the American 3 will uproot their plants overseas? I don't think they will, so why would the transplants? Some people like me will only buy USA produced products.

I own only American 3 products.

My wife is retired USAF with 24 years and is currently teaching High School.

I have been in the USAF since 1982.

A closed mind will never see light. :shades:

The problem is not about the UAW. The issues are about poor contracts, poor company planning, poor Public Relations, overpaid company Board Members and CEOs and high overhead.

My wife is retired USAF with 24 years and is currently teaching High School.

I have been in the USAF since 1982.

A closed mind will never see light. :shades:

I was waiting for you to try wrapping yourself in the Flag. It didn't take that long did it.

The search function is un-operable, BUT you wrote before that you would buy a Ford when they reach the quality of a KIA.

Your misguided, two-faced and you've got a hidden agenda. I'm followed your posts for a while and like I've written, you have a tie-in somewhere to the Toyoda plants surfacing close to Laf. In. How's your Greensburg plant doing? You love those imports, it's in all your posts.

I don't like you, I don't agree with you and I find you to be nothing but a troll.

Your so stupid, your the type that walks into an enemy camp and tries to tell them, that they are dead-meat.

I just told you. YOU don't like an American Product, SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE and lay off the ones that care for one. WHY are you here? YOUR OTHER HANDLE MHLM5? Your both 2 peas in a pod.

I was waiting for you to try wrapping yourself in the Flag. It didn't take that long did it.

The search function is un-operable, BUT you wrote before that you would buy a Ford when they reach the quality of a KIA.

Your misguided, two-faced and you've got a hidden agenda. I'm followed your posts for a while and like I've written, you have a tie-in somewhere to the Toyoda plants surfacing close to Laf. In. How's your Greensburg plant doing? You love those imports, it's in all your posts.

I don't like you, I don't agree with you and I find you to be nothing but a troll.

Your so stupid, your the type that walks into an enemy camp and tries to tell them, that they are dead-meat.

I just told you. YOU don't like an American Product, SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE and lay off the ones that care for one. WHY are you here? YOUR OTHER HANDLE MHLM5? Your both 2 peas in a pod.

You are a fucking idiot...

I have never said that. And I own two Ford products that I purchased new and I own Ford stock.

Get your facts straight. You're acting like a monkey on crack.

fucking moron.

You are a fucking idiot...

I have never said that. And I own two Ford products that I purchased new and I own Ford stock.

Get your facts straight. You're acting like a monkey on crack.

fucking moron.

Who's the moron with the name calling? You think YOUR the only one here with F stock? I'd love to and I would search all your posts to dig up your infatuation with KIA.

Part-time weekend warrior. I'll give you that. Your no more patriotic than anyone else that pays taxes.

How's Laf? University town. What else is your connection to the imports? You drawing a paycheck from them, other than your posting for them? Couldn't get a Job with the USA companies so you turn to mentioning how they can't do one thing right. HI MLHM5

Your sucking as much off the gov. as anything else considering you can draw a pension after 20 years, but you find the easy money by sticking around for more than just money, comes with benefits doesn't it. But heaven forbid someone working gets a benefit, it galls you. And you follow the Rep. line about the job bank, when it is the Japanese that started it and have MORE PEOPLE IN ONE IN TX. than all 3 combined USA manufactures.

Your as informed about the situation as the shoe you try to throw at the US Autoworker.

Who's the moron with the name calling? You think YOUR the only one here with F stock? I'd love to and I would search all your posts to dig up your infatuation with KIA.

Part-time weekend warrior. I'll give you that. Your no more patriotic than anyone else that pays taxes.

How's Laf? University town. What else is your connection to the imports? You drawing a paycheck from them, other than your posting for them? Couldn't get a Job with the USA companies so you turn to mentioning how they can't do one thing right. HI MLHM5

Your sucking as much off the gov. as anything else considering you can draw a pension after 20 years, but you find the easy money by sticking around for more than just money, comes with benefits doesn't it. But heaven forbid someone working gets a benefit, it galls you. And you follow the Rep. line about the job bank, when it is the Japanese that started it and have MORE PEOPLE IN ONE IN TX. than all 3 combined USA manufactures.

Your as informed about the situation as the shoe you try to throw at the US Autoworker.

:hysterical::hysterical:

I'm Active Duty USAF. Have been since 1982. Never lived near Laf. Never been a traditional guardsman.

Before joining, I worked for Pepsi Cola for 8 years and was elected as a plant Stewart for the Teamsters in 1978 and was elected to the negotiations contract committee in 1979.

I admire Kia's and Hyundai's increase with quality. I think the Sonata and the Genesis offer an outstanding value and are at the top of their respected class.

I'm not MLHM5.

:boring: