More Photos 2010 Taurus SHO

I wish I hadn't lost the window sticker in my house fire. I would have posted it. IIRC, it was just over $32,600. :(

Mine had every option for that year. White, auto temp, moon, JBL with tape and CD player, leather, and unfortunately, auto trans.

After about a month I tinted all the windows, put a Superchip in it, Borla dual stainless exhaust, K&N cold air intake, upgraded mass airflow sensor, Koni adjustable shocks, and polished 7 spoke aluminum wheels.

Should have never got rid of it.

Mine had everything you listed minus the JBL and moon. I think I still have my window sticker. I'll see if I can dig it up and scan it.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, the last of the '99 SHO's were stickered about 32K, and they were heavily decontented by then!

I think the new SHO's are going to start at least around 35K, depending on the base SHO option package.

Heck, the new 2010 Fusion Sport AWD I just ordered stickers at $33,245 with every available option.

I love how people bitch and complain that Ford doesn't do this and offer that......then they do offer it and people bitch and complain about the price!

I didn't think twice about ordering a Fusion that costs 33K.....I was just happy that they are giving us the options to get what we want, and people willing to pay the price will do so!

Yeah, if you were going to get a gen III SHO it had to be a '96. If I remember correctly, that was the final year for the JBL audio system with the available subwoofer. And I believe the '96 still had the adaptive shocks that could change rebound and bump rates depending on how hard you were driving the car. You're right though, it was unfortunate how much the '99's were decontented, but that was the Ford way at the time. Now, they are adding content with each model year.

And, congrats on the Fusion Sport! Can't wait to test drive one!

Mine had everything you listed minus the JBL and moon. I think I still have my window sticker. I'll see if I can dig it up and scan it.

It was almost 13 years ago. I may be wrong about the exact price. Although, I am absolutely positive that it was over $30k.

Yeah, if you were going to get a gen III SHO it had to be a '96. If I remember correctly, that was the final year for the JBL audio system with the available subwoofer. And I believe the '96 still had the adaptive shocks that could change rebound and bump rates depending on how hard you were driving the car. You're right though, it was unfortunate how much the '99's were decontented, but that was the Ford way at the time. Now, they are adding content with each model year.

imagine said Fusion sport with the 3.5 eco.....WHOA!,,,,anyways, Ford has stated the eco versions will only add $700 per car....why did i type that then start laughing hysterically.....if THATS the case the SHO will only be about a 5k bump ( wheels, tires, shocks etc )

Yep, you know your SHO history. I owned a '97 and it had the MACH stereo which didn't compare to the '96 with the JBL system. Although I think my '97 had the adaptive shocks and steering, they might of deleted that in '98. I also had my camshafts welded just in case!

Thanks on the congrats, I can't wait for it to arrive. It has a low VIN number so I hope it will be built the first of Feb.

It was almost 13 years ago. I may be wrong about the exact price. Although, I am absolutely positive that it was over $30k.

Yep, you know your SHO history. I owned a '97 and it had the MACH stereo which didn't compare to the '96 with the JBL system. Although I think my '97 had the adaptive shocks and steering, they might of deleted that in '98. I also had my camshafts welded just in case!

Thanks on the congrats, I can't wait for it to arrive. It has a low VIN number so I hope it will be built the first of Feb.

Just curious, did either one of you subscribe to the old SHOtimes email mailing list?

y'know, riding to work this morning, I zoomed past an Infiniy G37...got me to thinking, if the interior qualiy is up to snuff, and the car is as good looking as we all speculate, whos to say it may be heralded as a budget Infiniti......and with a Blue oval on the front, will outsell that car 10 to one......

it does with 215hp............but note the word "Ride"....was on the Aprilia this morning.....

Ooops. Didn't notice that. I withdraw my :redcard: .

Riding is the last thing on my mind right now with 2" of snow on the ground. ;)

Edited by Pioneer

Ooops. Didn't notice that. I withdraw my :redcard: .

Riding is the last thing on my mind right now with 2" of snow on the ground. ;)

not so bad here...mid 50's in the morn, frost out back, so i lose my fingers and toes, but the ride is...how you say....invigorating.....LOL! PS...the Mini sticks with a G35 coupe up till about 85....

Edited by Deanh

Just curious, did either one of you subscribe to the old SHOtimes email mailing list?

Didn't subscribe to the mailing list but I wanted a SHO for a couple of years so I did a lot of research on the cars. V8 SHO.com and other websites. Plus my friend is also an SVT enthusiast with an SVT Contour so he taught me quite a bit too. I've always liked the SHOs quite a bit. I'm still kicking myself to this day over a Silver '99 SHO with only 8800 miles on it that I found back in 2004. Took it for a test drive and loved it. However, my Dad talked me out of buying it, and here I am driving a Focus now. Oh well!

Nope, but I believe that's where I learned about the V-8 cam failures and found someone who would weld them.

Yeah, it was a GREAT source of SHO information, especially the problems and how to fix them. I couldn't have changed out the CPS on mine without help from the list. Ahhhh, those were the days...

Good thing you had the cams welded. They would almost certainly be destined to failure otherwise. I've heard a lot of people say that about the MACH sound system too. Just another example of Ford's decontenting back then. '98 was the last year for the adaptive shocks as well. Any chance you can post pics of the Fusion Sport when you get it? I think we would all love to see those. Thanks, svtenthusiast!

Didn't subscribe to the mailing list but I wanted a SHO for a couple of years so I did a lot of research on the cars. V8 SHO.com and other websites. Plus my friend is also an SVT enthusiast with an SVT Contour so he taught me quite a bit too. I've always liked the SHOs quite a bit. I'm still kicking myself to this day over a Silver '99 SHO with only 8800 miles on it that I found back in 2004. Took it for a test drive and loved it. However, my Dad talked me out of buying it, and here I am driving a Focus now. Oh well!

I never got the chance to drive a V8 SHO. :banghead:

I always heard they were dogs off the line but were monsters from 40 - 80 MPH.

I stripped my car of all aftermarket stuff before I sold it. My dad and I had a little "competition" before I sold it. He beat me off the line, but I passed him after a few hundred yards.

Only time I ever went over 135 MPH in a vehicle. :happy feet:

I always heard they were dogs off the line but were monsters from 40 - 80 MPH.

That's accurate. The V6's were faster off the line (and to 60) but the V8 did pull a little harder at the speeds you mentioned. Plus I'd rather hear the growl of the V8 over the V6 any day. You should hear the exhaust note of a V8 SHO with a cat-back exhaust. Sounds great. If given a choice, most choose the V6 SHO's as their favorite since they were faster off the line and could be had with an MTX. I was always partial to the gen III's myself due to the fact it had a V8 and much nicer interior in my opinion. I didn't like the 5-piece dash of the older models. Created a lot of rattles.

Edited by Alex D.

I didn't like the 5-piece dash of the older models. Created a lot of rattles.

You're not kidding. Took a lot of weekend work to get it quiet. ;)

And it's interesting that my personal experience is different than yours about being faster off the line.

Maybe it was just my reaction time......or he cheated. :lol:

Edited by Pioneer

Yeah, it was a GREAT source of SHO information, especially the problems and how to fix them. I couldn't have changed out the CPS on mine without help from the list. Ahhhh, those were the days...

Yes, I have done the CPS on the V-6 also. My brother has a '92 SHO MTX "Plus" (white with white rims) with 202,000 miles. I replaced the CPS 3 years ago and he still drives it today. He was going to junk it because it would stall intermittently, and I found it was a common problem and it was usually the CPS. It fixed it, but it was a bitch to get to, and then had to get a hammer screwdriver to get the little screw out to replace the sensor! Car still runs strong, he has done minimal work to it since he bought it with 120,000 miles, a testiment to the engine in those cars!

Good thing you had the cams welded. They would almost certainly be destined to failure otherwise. I've heard a lot of people say that about the MACH sound system too. Just another example of Ford's decontenting back then. '98 was the last year for the adaptive shocks as well. Any chance you can post pics of the Fusion Sport when you get it? I think we would all love to see those. Thanks, svtenthusiast!

In some ways I still wish I had that car, the V-8 was great on the highway, what a sweet sound it made. But there was something about the automatic transmission I didn't like (along with wishing it had a MTX). I had a few SVT contours mixed in there so I loved MTX's (also a sweet sounding engine). I feel the 2010 Fusion has finally given us SVT contour and SHO owners a worthy replacement (abit without MTX trans).

Yes, I am planning on posting pics (probably in the Fusion sub forum). If I remember, I will be sure to PM you when I do.

Thanks!

I wish I hadn't lost the window sticker in my house fire. I would have posted it. IIRC, it was just over $32,600. :(

Mine had every option for that year. White, auto temp, moon, JBL with tape and CD player, leather, and unfortunately, auto trans.

After about a month I tinted all the windows, put a Superchip in it, Borla dual stainless exhaust, K&N cold air intake, upgraded mass airflow sensor, Koni adjustable shocks, and polished 7 spoke aluminum wheels.

Should have never got rid of it.

I stripped my car of all aftermarket stuff before I sold it. My dad and I had a little "competition" before I sold it. He beat me off the line, but I passed him after a few hundred yards.

Only time I ever went over 135 MPH in a vehicle. :happy feet:

You're not kidding. Took a lot of weekend work to get it quiet. ;)

And it's interesting that my personal experience is different than yours about being faster off the line.

Maybe it was just my reaction time......or he cheated. :lol:

Well, you did have a few mods on yours.... :P