More Photos 2010 Taurus SHO

That is not what I am saying. From the article, it sounds as if there will be no base SE to choose from. That is my argument.

ok, I'm with you now, so the SE goes? doubt it, there will be a model with less equip and cloth int.....then probaly an SEL, then the SHO as a halo...must fess, I really like Fords attack plan, seems there is going to be a performance model in a majority of lineups ( can't wait to drive the Flex with 350 hp, or for that case the mustang...THATS the jewel right there, at least for me )

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at its likely competition:

First tier: Charger R/T AWD - Chrysler 300 C AWD

Nissan Maxima

GM Impalla SS (is this still made?)

Toyota Avalon Limited

Hyundai Azera 3.8/Kia Amanti 3.8

Acura SH-AWD TL

Subaru Legacy GT

Volvo S80 AWD 3.0T

Second Tier (not exactly a direct comparisson due to big price or cachet discrepancy)

Acura RL

BMW 7 Series X

Mercedes E Class 4Motion (don't think anyone that would look at an S class would even think of the Ford)

Audi A8 Quatro

Compare all those vehicles, optioned as closely to what we assume the SHO will have, and lets see where the prices fall. YEah, the Hyundai and Kia will be cheap, they also don't have AWD and 350 hp. The nissan may be cheaper, again, no AWD and much less torque. I believe $37K is a fair price to ask for the SHO. Given how everything in it will have already been developed under the MkS program, development costs will be less expensive, which may allow a price as low as $35K, but that's about it.

Nissan Maxima

Toyota Avalon Limited

Acura SH-AWD TL

Subaru Legacy GT

Volvo S80 AWD 3.0T

Second Tier (not exactly a direct comparisson due to big price or cachet discrepancy)

Acura RL

BMW 7 Series X

Mercedes E Class 4Motion (don't think anyone that would look at an S class would even think of the Ford)

Audi A8 Quatro

Compare all those vehicles, optioned as closely to what we assume the SHO will have, and lets see where the prices fall. YEah, the Hyundai and Kia will be cheap, they also don't have AWD and 350 hp. The nissan may be cheaper, again, no AWD and much less torque. I believe $37K is a fair price to ask for the SHO. Given how everything in it will have already been developed under the MkS program, development costs will be less expensive, which may allow a price as low as $35K, but that's about it.

of those the Taurus lineup will be most reflective of the Nissan...and for those quibbling about $, their BASE 3.5 S STARTS at 30k, the top of the line 3.5SV 290hp STARTS at 36k....are we still going to bitch about AWD and 350hp, in a more Svelte package MAYBE being $37k....hell in that light sounds like a damn STEAL....

I think once again we have put the cart before the horse. We all may change our opinions greatly once the vehicle actually hits the road.

perhaps...but really looks like ford has a major player in the segment....maybe a groundbreaker...call me a half full guy, i have high hopes...some are poo pooing already.....

Edited by Deanh

Nope. I gave my opinion on the speculation of the SHO price. 33K to 34K...this is a Ford we are talking about, not a Lincoln.

Which is why I pointed out the competitors of the would be SHO. A Maxima is a Nissan afterall, an Avalon a Toyota and an Impala SS a Chevy. I'm sure a basic SHO will come in in the mid 30s, but with options you are going to have to pay to play.

Besides a regular old MKS with AWD loaded to the hilt is going for almost 50, with Ecoboost and other options I expect for it to be coming in somewhere around the mid to high 50s. If a loaded Focus is going for 22K and a Fusion ST with options well into the 30s what do you expect?

But hasn't Ford stated that they want to equip 500,000 vehicles with EcoBoost by 2015 or in the near future?

so you think we will sell 500k Sho's and MkT's and Flex's with TT's?.the eco engine is NOT just going to be a 3.5, think Fiestas, Focii, Fusions, mustangs etc...and MAYBE as an option across the board....I see a 1.0l, 1.6l, 2.0l and a 2.5 along with the 3.5. 2015 is 6 years away, 500,000 is probably conservative...people will JUMP at smaller displacement ecos come $4 a gallon again.......

It seems like 90% of the people complaining about new vehicle prices from Ford haven't bought a new vehicle in over a decade. Fullsize sedans don't cost $18,000 anymore, unless it's a Grand Marquis on clearance. :P

are you shittin me Nick?...are you on crack...do they screen you Moderators? Why, just the other day I saw an ad............

But hasn't Ford stated that they want to equip 500,000 vehicles with EcoBoost by 2015 or in the near future?

Which would be in step by offering the engine on certain tim levels. Ever notice on cars that have trim levels that start from the very basics on up to those that are loaded to the hilt, that you can not get certain options on the bare bones version?

Nissan Maxima

Toyota Avalon Limited

Acura SH-AWD TL

Subaru Legacy GT

Volvo S80 AWD 3.0T

Acura RL

BMW 7 Series X

Audi A8 Quatro

Pretty sure the Hyundai Genesis is the direct competitor there, and it costs more... :shades:

I feel that the Toyota Venza will be one of the vehicles competing directly with Taurus.

AWD, size, cargo space, price, V6 0-60 6.7sec, fuel efficiency, etc.

Venza? People looking at a CUV likely won't be cross-shopping it much with a sedan. The Venza's biggest competitor will probably end up being the Highlander.

Like Deanh, I think it will come in around 36-37K. It's just like the Mustang Line-up. Base SE V6 for budget minded (Mustang V6), SEL Ecoboost for people who want speed but also care about how much they spend for it (Mustang GT), then the SHO (Cobra) for the auto enthusiest who want power , handling, and have a niche vehicle that is produced in small numbers.

Venza? People looking at a CUV likely won't be cross-shopping it much with a sedan. The Venza's biggest competitor will probably end up being the Highlander.

I agree! But if look at the specs of the Venza, it will be similar to the Taurus. Venza is shorter in length, but having the same height of 63.4"close to the Taurus 61.5". And the hatch back provide more cargo room behind 2-row, 30 cu ft. If I assume myself as an average buyer going to the dealer to shop for a sedan, between the Taurus and other sedans, all the sudden Venza became an attractive option.

The Venza is a crossover sedan, not a CUV like the Highlander type with 69"+ height. Venza will also have kind of command seating and easy egress, ingress! Of course it may steal sales from its own Camry! I believe, I would like to point out, and afraid it will happen, as a Taurus competitor!

Toyota declined to enter the Venza in the SUV of year competition, but will enter it in the Car of the year nominee! That may tell you guys something! :shrug:

p.s. Sorry! I was off topic; they were talking about SHO. And I added in the Venza. Well, it is pretty fast at 6.7sec to 60!

Edited by LoveTaurus

I agree! But if look at the specs of the Venza, it will be similar to the Taurus. Venza is shorter in length, but having the same height of 61.5"+/- as the Taurus. ANd the hatch back provide more cargo room behind 2-row, 70 cu ft. If I assume myself as a average buyer going to the dealer to shop for a sedan, between the Taurus and other sedan, all the sudden Venza became an attractive option.

The Venza is a crossover sedan, not a CUV like the Highlander type with 69"+ height. Venza will also have kind of command seating and easy egress, ingress! Of course it may steal sales from its own Camry! I believe, I would like to point out, and afraid it will happen, as a Taurus competitor!

Toyota declined to enter the Venza in the SUV of year competition, but will enter it in the Car of the year! That may tell you guys something! :shrug:

tells me its the only "new" product they have is an Edge-like plagerism answer to a question no-one asked.....

Toyota declined to enter the Venza in the SUV of year competition, but will enter it in the Car of the year! That may tell you guys something! :shrug:

Tells me they should call it what it is: A Camry station wagon. At least Ford had the guts to own up to the Freestyle really being a station and called its redesign the Taurus X. Maybe they should call the Venza the Camry X.

Tells me they should call it what it is: A Camry station wagon. At least Ford had the guts to own up to the Freestyle really being a station and called its redesign the Taurus X. Maybe they should call the Venza the Camry X.

I had the same thought!

Venza vs Camry as Matrix vs Corolla. Put the Venza along side the Camry (at the dealer), it should easy for the sale person to sell this new vehicle!

Edited by LoveTaurus

sorry, but station wagons are dead, don't see big sales for the Venza aside from R mercedes customers perhaps on the cheap, and R's aren't selling either, funnily enough the Flex is NOT veiwed as a station wagon...weird....and that is from customers...its veiwed as a smaller Expedition alternative...