More Photos 2010 Taurus SHO

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The text I quoted was not discussing the SHO, it was discussing the basic Taurus.

BASE taurus...NOT the SHO....sorry, everyone is thinking a "base" SHO....thats NOT the case, my guess is "base" SE Taurus will come in at 25k, BUT it bwill be more upmarket and better equipped than the current Taurus....SHO will come in around 37k, probably one way or perhaps only 2 ways and thats it....guess is 37k....the AWD and TT engine on't be cheap, but WILL be pretty awesome...and probably in limited supply....

I still thinks 37K is too much.

champagne taste and beer budget...its an educated guess, and for an "estimated" 37 k OUTSTANDING value...what is it with people, no matter how GOOD the potential of a vehicle is , if its a Ford it has to be retailed at a firesale price...ARRRRRRG!....still for them theres always the Hyundai...or Kia....or Scion.....Fit......just expect what you pay for...novel idea huh?

So Fords future fuel saving vehicles will be an "option" and not offered as "standard" fare?

I think you have misunderstanding the intended use of Ecoboost. Ford will gladly sell you a Fusion 1-4, Fiesta, Focus or hybrid if you are that concerned about fuel economy. The main premise behind Ecoboost is to offer performance without taking a massive penalty in fuel economy.

I still thinks 37K is too much.

I guess you haven't bothered to look at some of the competiton have you. A loaded Maxima costs as much as our Infiniti and an Avalon starts at 27K. Sure the general offers up a cheap large car (the Impala) but it lacks quite a bit of feature content. For all the toys, goodies and safety equipment I don't think 37K is that bad of a proposition

champagne taste and beer budget...

And to not offer a person on a beer budget anything in your lineup, you are basically shunning customers and sending them to your competitor.

I mean, what is Lincoln for? That is where your luxury vehicles are supposed to be. Ford is supposed to be for the mass market.

If true, and they are making the Taurus a luxury only sedan, then Ford still hasn't learned their lesson on not telling their customers what they ought to buy, instead of offering them choices.

So in general EcoBoost engine equipped vehicles will not be marketed as an "option" feature?

ingeneral probably, in regards to the SHO...standard, and thus a resounding NO....it is perceived as a flagship performance model, MPG's are NOT on high on its list....that said i am curious where it comes in with a regular driver, NOT the magazine scribes that will be BALLS out from the get-go only to list in the "dislike" column, Abysmal mileage.....

And to not offer a person on a beer budget anything in your lineup, you are basically shunning customers and sending them to your competitor.

I mean, what is Lincoln for? That is where your luxury vehicles are supposed to be. Ford is supposed to be for the mass market.

If true, and they are making the Taurus a luxury only sedan, then Ford still hasn't learned their lesson on not telling their customers what they ought to buy, instead of offering them choices.

Christ, here we go again...I want my Limited AWD Flex for the same price as the base SE...........come on Pioneer, thats why there is a range...to fit every budget...course there are still the dreamers ( GT500 rings a bell )...that want their cake, eat it too, but throw in being served by a Hooters girl with a pint of their finest......if its too rich for your taste , quit bitching, perhaps you are setting your sights too high....your budget has its own parameters...pick the CORRECT vehicle for it and quit bitchin that the premier model isn't at a loss leader price....