More Photos 2010 Taurus SHO

people are still stuck in old pricing...hell when a loaded Focus goes for 20K or so...thats expensive LOL

If my Jeep was gone tomorrow, there is a Focus on my dealers lot I would love to have. SES, leather, moon, basically every option including the 17" painted wheels. $22,010 before A plan.

The only thing about that car I don't care for is the interior color. I would prefer a manual too, but if one like that is on their lot in March, I'm driving it home.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If my Jeep was gone tomorrow, there is a Focus on my dealers lot I would love to have. SES, leather, moon, basically every option including the 17" painted wheels. $22,010 before A plan.

The only thing about that car I don't care for is the interior color. I would prefer a manual too, but if one like that is on their lot in March, I'm driving it home.

man that is loaded...funny a 22k focus and people are whining about a Taurus starting at 25k!!!!!....

man that is loaded...funny a 22k focus and people are whining about a Taurus starting at 25k!!!!!....

Well, I look at it like this. I could save $600 by not getting the 17 inch wheels. With the roads around here, they would probably be destroyed in no time "flat" with the low profile tires on them. But, I see the $500 or so to add leather to an SES, instead of just getting it standard on the SEL, as an investment. I won't have to look at the horrid chrome door handles/mirror skullcaps/or fender badge for the rest if it's life.

I think you have misunderstanding the intended use of Ecoboost. Ford will gladly sell you a Fusion 1-4, Fiesta, Focus or hybrid if you are that concerned about fuel economy. The main premise behind Ecoboost is to offer performance without taking a massive penalty in fuel economy.

doesn't that all depend on the size of the vehicle with respect to the size of the ecoboost engine? For example, an i4 ecoboost in an explorer would definitely be more of an economy powertrain than performance, while an ecoboost 3.5L in a fiesta.... well, you get the idea. Either way, my point is that Ford is also planning on offering ecoboost at a lower performance, higher economy market point.

by the way, i'm loving this car so far. Too bad they probably won't have a hybrid version to offer at the same time, that would really shut up some of the critics in Washington and elsewhere if they quickly followed up on the Fusion Hybrid with another awesome hybrid model. Maybe they can have it ready by next year.

This car looks great. Will people notice it though? It doesn't exactly stand out. But that might be good. The 300 stood out, and sold well initially, but the design got tired very quickly, whereas this just looks straight up handsome, and people shouldn't get sick of it too quickly i don't think.

I really like the rims too, are those from another car?

doesn't that all depend on the size of the vehicle with respect to the size of the ecoboost engine? For example, an i4 ecoboost in an explorer would definitely be more of an economy powertrain than performance, while an ecoboost 3.5L in a fiesta.... well, you get the idea. Either way, my point is that Ford is also planning on offering ecoboost at a lower performance, higher economy market point.

I would agree. You can get an EcoBoost 6 with the same power as a big 8 and better mileage. Or you can get a small EcoBoost 4 with a lot better mileage.

The problem is that the EcoBoost has a premium price. People will pay that premium for a high performance engine. People will only pay a premium for high mileage if it is a Toyota with a hybrid name on it, or a VW with a diesel name on it.

Deeeeeaaaaaaan.... who is whining about a Taurus STARTING at 25k? i feel thats a reasonable and prudent starting price for the car. I just feel 37K is high for a SHO, which will have options too.... and probably crest 40K all decked out. IIRC, you cant push a G8 GT past 33K. Yeah, i know its not selling, but the point is valid.

The SHO is sexy though. Id love to see it 3K cheaper. (whenever pricing is announced)

Edited by Sixt9coug

Deeeeeaaaaaaan.... who is whining about a Taurus STARTING at 25k? i feel thats a reasonable and prudent starting price for the car. I just feel 37K is high for a SHO, which will have options too.... and probably crest 40K all decked out. IIRC, you cant push a G8 GT past 33K. Yeah, i know its not selling, but the point is valid.

The SHO is sexy though. Id love to see it 3K cheaper. (whenever pricing is announced)

If I remember correctly from when I bought my '95 SHO, the SHO carried around a $8-10K premium over the regular Taurus. A $12-15K premium on the '10 SHO doesn't seem out of line given inflation. HOWEVER, I do recall a lot dealers had a hard time selling SHOs due to the price. I bought mine with a $10K discount ($3.5K rebate and a $6.5K dealer discount). That was the best deal I have ever gotten on a new car.

I remember the last SHO came in at $29,995 and it was billed as affordable because at that time, it was unheard of to have a DOHC V8 under $30K. The same occured when the Marauder came out...

I'm guestimating the SHO will carry a $8K-10 premium over the standard version...and most probably it'll be fully loaded to keep it simple...just pick a color and be done with it as it was back then. I wonder how much more aggressively will the suspension be tweaked.

3. I am surprised people are thinking $37 is high for a SHO considering I would never see that here regardless of the value of the CAD/US dollar.

People don't seem to remember that the last SHO's were going for around $30K before they were discontinued. That was a decade ago. $37K would be perfectly reasonable today.

I remember seeing a brand-new, loaded '96 SHO on my local dealer's lot for just over 32K back in the day. Considering how much more the '10 SHO will have to offer, I think 37K is a straight-up bargain!

Exactly. Plus it will be twice the car that those craptacular 3.4 V8 SHOs were.

Edited by NickF1011

My '95 stickered for $33,000 and it had almost every option.

So an increase of $4k in 15 years is not bad at all. There will probably be 2 options on the SHO...navigation and sunroof. The rest of the goodies will most-likely be standard.

But, no one has any idea on the price for the '10 yet...it's just a guess.

I must say though, this car looks kick-@ss! :shades:

Yeah, what a stellar problem free, reliable vehicle it was too.

A 4K increase may not be bad in 15 years...unless you didn't get your moneys worth the first time around.

Well, quality in general was rather abysmal all around back then for Ford. More a reflection of the culture of the company as opposed to value-for-the-dollar really....

I remember seeing a brand-new, loaded '96 SHO on my local dealer's lot for just over 32K back in the day. Considering how much more the '10 SHO will have to offer, I think 37K is a straight-up bargain!

You are right, the last of the '99 SHO's were stickered about 32K, and they were heavily decontented by then!

I think the new SHO's are going to start at least around 35K, depending on the base SHO option package.

Heck, the new 2010 Fusion Sport AWD I just ordered stickers at $33,245 with every available option.

I love how people bitch and complain that Ford doesn't do this and offer that......then they do offer it and people bitch and complain about the price!

I didn't think twice about ordering a Fusion that costs 33K.....I was just happy that they are giving us the options to get what we want, and people willing to pay the price will do so!

Edited by svtenthusiast

Really? My '95 had every option except sunroof and JBL sound system and stickered for $27,500. I didn't think the '95s stickered that high.

I wish I hadn't lost the window sticker in my house fire. I would have posted it. IIRC, it was just over $32,600. :(

Mine had every option for that year. White, auto temp, moon, JBL with tape and CD player, leather, and unfortunately, auto trans.

After about a month I tinted all the windows, put a Superchip in it, Borla dual stainless exhaust, K&N cold air intake, upgraded mass airflow sensor, Koni adjustable shocks, and polished 7 spoke aluminum wheels.

Should have never got rid of it.

People don't seem to remember that the last SHO's were going for around $30K before they were discontinued. That was a decade ago. $37K would be perfectly reasonable today.

Exactly. Plus it will be twice the car that those craptacular 3.4 V8 SHOs were.

And, you can almost guarantee that these new '10 SHO's wont have guaranteed, massive camshaft failures! You can bet that Ford will sell every one of these new SHO's that they produce and that this car will be one that makes people stand up and realize that the company has really turned things in the right direction.