Buy Outs are coming

t5z4

IF THEY REALY WANT US TO LEAVE, THEN THEY NEED TO ADD TO THE POT, SAY A NEW F150 ***

THANK YOU! That is so obvious.The buyouts are only good for those with under 5-10 years /under 40 years old or at least 28 years seniority Everyone else is in a gray area.SWEETEN THE POT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've worked on the line for 12 yrs. I don't consider 50,000 + pension+ healthcare crumbs. Like I said people have an over inflated idea of what they are worth. Like the company "owes" them some big payout just so they can retire and get paid.

Look, this is America and we deserve an honest wage. As far as the buy outs, I don't plan on taking one but if they are being offered then any worker should have the right to take it. Although I do understand what you mean about the workers with self-entitlement issues, it is not to your discretion as to what Ford workers are worth. Maybe you are even shorting your own self worth.

By the way, speaking of what a person is worth, look at what our great banking system is doing now. Not only has our country been out sourcing manufacturing jobs, now they are out sourcing all of our jobs.

Click Here

THANK YOU! That is so obvious.The buyouts are only good for those with under 5-10 years /under 40 years old or at least 28 years seniority Everyone else is in a gray area.SWEETEN THE POT

I have 28 years as of 1 March. but I won't be allowed to take the buy out.

I think the union and Ford is committing FRAUD.

We voted on the contract, we were NOT told the GEN could be disolved without a vote.

I am sure there are alot of people like me who voted YES on the contract only because it stated we had a GEN. Thats the only reason I voted yes.

We should have been given 2 or 3 different choices.

1 ending GEN as they did

2 taking pay cuts and keeping the GEN

3 changing GEN but keep it and cutting pay a little.

No matter anyones opinion on this we can all agree that we did get jobbed "screwed" just like the refs did to the Cardinals last night. :censored:

Edited by fordworker

Look, this is America and we deserve an honest wage. As far as the buy outs, I don't plan on taking one but if they are being offered then any worker should have the right to take it. Although I do understand what you mean about the workers with self-entitlement issues, it is not to your discretion as to what Ford workers are worth. Maybe you are even shorting your own self worth.

By the way, speaking of what a person is worth, look at what our great banking system is doing now. Not only has our country been out sourcing manufacturing jobs, now they are out sourcing all of our jobs.

Click Here

50k + pension+healthcare I'd be dancing out the door. Gotta go 18 more yrs.

and where is your link on this, show some proof

The link is above. This sucks.

"But Ford spokeswoman Marcey Evans said the company has "no plans at this time to offer buyouts to hourly workers." The Dearborn-based automaker offered 10 early retirement and buyout packages to all hourly workers during the first quarter of 2008 and offered packages at selected factories in the third quarter. About 7,100 employees left the company as a result, she said."

Edited by rkeep820

Just wondering why you can't take a Buy Out? Isn't the 28yr "Bridge" in the contract?

At KC we went to hr to sign up for the buyouts and were told that no electricians were going to be given buyouts this last time around. About 10 of us signed up anyway just so nobody could say we didn't try. I was told by the bargaining chair that it was company wide, no electricians being offered buyouts.

At KC we went to hr to sign up for the buyouts and were told that no electricians were going to be given buyouts this last time around. About 10 of us signed up anyway just so nobody could say we didn't try. I was told by the bargaining chair that it was company wide, no electricians being offered buyouts.

:redcard:

Wlbren, somebody in your union is giving you some bum info. Here at the Rouge complex, we had about 15 electricians take the buyouts the last time around.

I thought buyouts were offered company-wide regardless.

the way i see it . we have already been slammed into pattern bargaining. they took away our gen even though were not taking money from the feds. mullally and all his vp's are still making their millions . gm and crysler now have built in guarantees with the loans they cannot take business out of the country. we on the other hand now have no guarantees. so with pattern bargaining already established. they have no choice but to offer us buyouts as well

The link is above. This sucks.

"But Ford spokeswoman Marcey Evans said the company has "no plans at this time to offer buyouts to hourly workers." The Dearborn-based automaker offered 10 early retirement and buyout packages to all hourly workers during the first quarter of 2008 and offered packages at selected factories in the third quarter. About 7,100 employees left the company as a result, she said."

she said they have "no plans at this time", it"s Feb, rumor said Mar. we will see and if they are offered, it will be the last one, no doubt. Nothing is concrete just like everything else is. They want to make room to get the $14 an hr people in and do what they need to get the $14 people in. I'm not saying that they are coming or not but seems like thinks keep changing daily.

the way i see it . we have already been slammed into pattern bargaining. they took away our gen even though were not taking money from the feds. mullally and all his vp's are still making their millions . gm and crysler now have built in guarantees with the loans they cannot take business out of the country. we on the other hand now have no guarantees. so with pattern bargaining already established. they have no choice but to offer us buyouts as well

Some pattern bargaining. Chrysler offers $50k + a car, GM $20K?? + a car. See a pattern here ?? Gee take a buyout and Ford will give you an unsold 2007 Ford 500....Yippee. By the way, don't be surprised if these offers are only window dressing for the Govt $$$. Sure some will jump ship but unless you are ready to retire anyway, we'll see how many fools are out there.

every one including electricians were offered last time at AAI

Mikem and I not to mention at least 8 others went in to sign up and were told we could sign up, but would not be offered a buyout, no electricians at our plant were eligible, we could retire if we had seniority, but no buyout money.

I have 28 years as of 1 March. but I won't be allowed to take the buy out.

WHY?At Wixom those with 28 years got to stay home or get another job for two years with 85% of their pay,including holidays and then at the end of that they get a full 30 year pension.Earn two years seniority and you don`t have to show up in a plant!Beat that deal,outside of politics!

Edited by Fatso

They offered it to everyone accept Electricians and certain power house employees.

That makes complete sense. Ford desperatly needs Power House and Electricians company wide. At 400 We were told the company is very shortt on these people. Staion Steam Operators as well.

So why would they allow their only talent to leave? Sorry bro they need ya!