eBay Find of the Day: Sole remaining 1995 Ford Thunderbird SVT prototype

Did the SWB Super Coupes have anything to do with SVT (though, not "SVT" at the time)? I know there is an article somewhere talking about Ford and the SWB 'Birds . . .

EDIT:

Found it . . .

Kenny Brown not FMC . .

Page 1

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/clipings/tbird1.html

Page 2

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/clipings/tbird2.html

Edited by IMSA-XJR9

What the? WHO paints Ford valve covers bright red and puts hemi stickers on them?

You might as well put the Ford script in the middle of a Chevy bowtie.

BTW: LOVE the forged documentation. Like I couldn't make something that looks just like that with Word in about 5 minutes.

Want to know what seals this vehicle as a fraud?

The SVT vehicles were one-offs. That means they would NEVER have SVT on the build sheet.

SVT on the build sheet would mean that the vehicle was to have a predefined set of parts bolted onto it to make it an SVT model.

An SVT prototype would have a STOCK build sheet.

actually, comment #20 explains the SVT line in the OASIS report:

I had paperwork pulled from OASIS at the Ford dealer on my Thunderbird back when I owned one and it stated '1996 Ford Thunderbird LX SVT', however it was little more than a SOHC 4.6L with the 4R70W 4-speed automatic. I didn't even have the sport package.

What a fake. The second poster on this on AutoBlog said he contacted the seller to check the authenticity on this and he said that it couldn't be verified with Ford for "legal reasons". How convenient. Someone should call up Ford on this to tell them to take legal ACTION against the seller for fraud! They can use the money more than this guy. Besides, if it were one of the real SVT Thunderbird prototypes, who would rack up 70,000 miles of wear and tear on it and expect it to still be worth 30 grand after almost 15 years? The MN12 Thunderbirds and Cougars were good cars, but they're becoming a distant memory. Even if one had a fully stock Super Coupe or other well-equipped model in showroom condition with almost no miles on it, I don't think it could even get near its original MSRP, let alone 30 grand.