Buy Outs with Bailout Money????

Bigcountry

Just read an article that Chysler is going to offer buyouts again. We just recently found out just how much the american population despise us the U.A.W! So how are they to feel when Chysler ( "maybe" GM) use taxpayer money to finance their buyout programs? I have a feelin' of more bad press!

Edited by Bigcountry

Just read an article that Chysler is going to offer buyouts again. We just recently found out just how much the american population despise us the U.A.W! So how are they to feel when Chysler ( "maybe" GM) use taxpayer money to finance their buyout programs? I have a feelin' of more bad press!
GM is offering them also. Edited by jm2607

Why not? Look at how Wall street & the banks squander there money. If the fricken banks would of loaned the money instead of having to have to go to the fed gov GM & Chrysler wouldn't be in this mess. So what, atleast the goverment is getting there LOAN repayed from the auto companies. All I can say is the big 3 do what you have to do and if they don't like it F**K it. Whats the worst that can happen make them file BK and shift all of the burden to the goverment?? Why not, they made them give up the jobs bank and now who is stuck paying unemploment the goverment. It's just more the burden the goverment is going to have to pickup and then pass on to the people.....Thats just it people just don't get it. :reading:

I think this move is more symbolic than anything. GM and Chrysler have to prove they are controlling their labor costs. I think the workforce at the Big Three have been gutted; there will not be too many takers. In fact, Chrysler offering $20K to retire? That will last folks for about three months with zero job prospects out there.

once again showing there stupidity,,25000 dol car voucher and 50 grand,,gee i bet alot of people jump on that,,gm even less20000 and an voucher,,i cant believe the uaw is even letting this go to the table,,we work for the stupidist people on fing earth,,,im gonna really take less then 100g and get your fucking car lolololol yea right,,idiots

All buy out money comes from the PENSION FUND!!!! It won't come from the GOV. LOAN!!!

All buy out money comes from the PENSION FUND!!!! It won't come from the GOV. LOAN!!!

Last I read , Ford is the 2nd most underfunded retirement plan of the fortune 500....The plan is 3.3 billion underfunded....How can this be legal? Their market cap is 2.2 billion and they owe the fund more then that!

Last I read , Ford is the 2nd most underfunded retirement plan of the fortune 500....The plan is 3.3 billion underfunded....How can this be legal? Their market cap is 2.2 billion and they owe the fund more then that!

I think you read that a long time ago..............that is not true about Ford.