Ford Mondeo TDCi Wagon In Detroit

Actually - I was quite surprised when I saw it in person. When I noticed it in my rearview mirror I thought "new Taurus, and it looks nice!!" then I noticed the profile of the wagon, and sure enough it was the Mondeo TDCi.

Not bad looking in person at all.

Oh, I would't say it's ugly. It's certainly not.

But I can't call it distinctive. It's just a particularly well executed car.

And that, folks, is how you and I would see the Mondeo every day.

Doesn't look all that spectactular in the flesh, now does it?

Actually it looks pretty damn good! It's not a studio "beauty" shot, but a real world view. MUCH better than the MKT in the decamoed shots.....IMHO.

Actually it looks pretty damn good! It's not a studio "beauty" shot, but a real world view. MUCH better than the MKT in the decamoed shots.....IMHO.

+1. Looks way more refined upscale in the real world to me than the MK-Bomination. But then I drive a Freestyle so WTF do I know about design? Only that I wish it looked more like that.

I wonder what it's here for. Only testing the powertrain? Or even the feasibility of marketing a "TX2" (not that there seems to be a good case for one).

Looks like an even-less-attractive Toyota Venza.

?...put down the crack pipe Nick...I've seen both in person....Mondeo ( am I now banned ? ) is an EXTREMELY attractive car in the flesh...classy little details everywhere...

Edited by Deanh

?...put down the crack pipe Nick...I've seen both in person....Mondeo ( am I now banned ? ) is an EXTREMELY attractive car in the flesh...classy little details everywhere...

:shrug: I don't think the Venza looks all that bad either (at least until you get to the interior).

The Mondeo is nice looking...as a sedan. I never liked the wagon variant.

:shrug: I don't think the Venza looks all that bad either (at least until you get to the interior).

The Mondeo is nice looking...as a sedan. I never liked the wagon variant.

not a big fan of wagons myself...sure are popular in Ireland though...wonder how the Flex would go down there...too big perhaps...MAN some of the roads are narrow....

No one likes the looks????

Heh! It is a station wagon. When was the last time you heard someone say they thought a station wagon looked good?

Volvo V70 R, M5 Wagon, AMG C63 or E63 Wagons, or how about a nice Fairmont Resto-Mod (which I hope to build one day. :huh: :lol: )

That Mondeo wagon needs a good drop in the suspension department. I'd be interested to see one in person.

post-11818-1233706136_thumb.jpg

post-11818-1233706146_thumb.jpg

Anyone read the article?

The Mondeo pictured shows Fords new "kinetic" design scheme. It should be noted that the vehicle in the pictures is RHD model vehicle - one picture was taken from a passenger side mirror, thus the photo may appear to show the driver being on the left side of the vehicle.

Ford already makes Left Hand Mondeos, so what is a Right hand Drive vehicle doing in Detroit.

(Courtesy of TheGMSource.com/Josh E. Oliver)

7.jpg

Edited by jpd80