who is going to be building the transit?

Gooshie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is is Turkey or Romania? Does it really matter...

I hear that the Transit will go to KC to fill the void that is left when the next gen (C-Platform) Escape moves to Louisville Assembly.

rumor has it, the connect is built on the new c platform , which would possibly go to lap once retooled, makes sense, build them at lap, drive them right across fern valley to UPS, and they just bought them a new fleet of delivery vehicle, especially the all electric plug ins,

KC will get both the smaller transit connect on the escape and the big transit on the truck side.

Ford delays full size transit:

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/20...cash/index.html

If ford sticks to original plan for full size transit:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/greencaradvisor/2...fitability.html

It will be built in Avon lake Ohio.

post any links that say different.

Ford delays full size transit:

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/20...cash/index.html

If ford sticks to original plan for full size transit:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/greencaradvisor/2...fitability.html

It will be built in Avon lake Ohio.

post any links that say different.

"Transit Connect: Ford will import the 2010 Transit Connect, a small delivery van sold in Europe. The FWD van is assembled in Turkey on a reinforced version of C1, the European Ford Focus platform.

Ford is expected to build the Transit Connect in North America for the 2013 model year. Assembly location likely will be in Louisville. With higher gasoline prices, Ford anticipates demand for a four-cylinder, fuel-efficient van that can be used for small-item delivery or by some tradespeople.

Econoline, Transit: After decades of flirting with the idea, Ford plans to move to a single global full-size van platform. The van, code-named V363, will be based on the Transit van now sold in Europe. The Transit is available in a variety of sizes and configurations, including FWD and RWD.

The North American Transit is expected to go into production for the 2012 model year at Ford's assembly plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, which now produces the E-Series van. The E-Series, also called the Econoline, is expected to be discontinued when U.S. production of the Transit begins.

Sources said Ford expects global Transit volume of between 400,000 and 500,000 vans annually."

i thought kc was the golden child,,when f150 launched ,,all they talked about was how they where all that and a bag of chips,,,,,musta been a bag of kc smokehouse :hysterical::hysterical:

Hope you feel better :hysterical::hysterical: And who is THEY? :finger: Were no different than anyone else building a product, come to work and do your job. :kissass:

Guess that means 5000 workers with 50% over 15 years and another 25% at 10 years will be flooding into other plants like they have been here. All I know is the paper we wipe our rears with says RIGHT TO FOLLOW PRODUCT. So no one is safe when it comes to plant closings. I hope for all our sakes something is in the pipe for all who rode this stinking boat down!! Nobody wants to relocate but I know people in KCAP who are on their 2nd transfer at 40k so it wouldnt shock me to see us go. But hey show me the money! To all stop the in fighting and realize we are all in this together! No one plant is better or safer or more liked in the eyes of the company! :redcard:

• 2 weeks later...

Does LAP have two or three shifts building the Explorer? With 3000 employees repored to work their surely it is 3 shifts. How many people at KTP and what kind of shifts do they have working? I know they used to have three shifts when the Super Duty was selling but I'm not sure what they are currently running. With the launch of the Expedition and Navigator I would think they would be back to three shifts. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It is my understanding that DTP cannot run the 8 foot box through their body shop and that is why that model is built in KC. I don't see them discontinuing the 8 foot box. Any ideas where they would move it to?

IF Ford goes thru with their plans to make the body style of the 250, 350, 450 built at Kentucky truck to all be identical to the 150 (as they did way back in 1995) they you can pretty much count on that 8 foot bed be built at Ketucky truck with the big dogs....

Officials have been waving that damn Transit and Connect Van around like the proverbial carrot.... can ya'll say HEE HAWW!

If it is what it looks like, the Escape or Kuga is going to Louisville, the remaining F150s are moving to Kentucky Truck and KCAP is ~screwed~!

Let s just hope all that is only speculations and rumor. But I just have a feeling theres more truth to it then we would like to hope for...

Kalu, figure out what a B plant is yet? If ya have, do you still not care???

And you can just say Moo.