Killed my Ranger

Sixt9coug

What appears to be a drunk driver or something hit my truck this morning. got a knock on the door at 5:30AM from the cops saying my truck and two other cars were hit by a guy that left his car at the scene and fled on foot. His car was the silver Cavalier. Mine is the black Ranger that was the first one hit and took the hardest shot.

im not really that bothered. Yeah it sucks but being mad and pissy isnt gonna get anything done Ive got full coverage, nobody of importance got hurt and the truck can be replaced. .

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

Drunk guys car.

IMG_2953.jpg

Got pushed into some neighbors cars. I toally destroyed a Camry.

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

This past summer my 18 year old parked on the street Geo Tracker was hit. I only had no-fault coverage but the insurance company of the hit-and-run driver paid me $1,000. We were not home but had several witnesses, and it was in broad daylight.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....less&page=2

Z5.jpg

Better days:

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x295/ka...ebra%20Tracker/

ZT-3.jpg

Your Ranger was a nice truck, it just needed some zebra stripes. :hysterical:

Edited by kach22i

I was going to ask about the stripes. Your kid a tour guide at Disney's Animal Kingdom or something? :lol:

As for the pics above....wow. It never ceases to amaze me just how poorly Cavaliers perform in accidents.

A bit of an update...

I got a call from my insurance yesterday. After sales tax refunds, registration refunds and everything they want to settle for $11,400 for the truck. (truck alone is $10,300) Given that i put new tires on it recently they said i can submit that receipt too, and along with other nickle and dime stuff, i can get a bit more out of the settlement. I am not trying to be a dick, but im out a bunch of stuff because of the hit. Even gonna try to get the K&N setup claimed. Hey, it was $270 after all. (yeah i know stuff like that isnt always covered by MY policy.... but then again it wasnt my fault after all...)

I dont think the 10,300 is that bad. Cash price when i bought it was 12,600 almost 3 years ago. I expected it to depreciate alot more than that. After all, its a Ranger.

• 4 weeks later...

That sucks, hope everything works out for you and you get a little extra for your troubles. I know how accidents go and most us aren't looking to make out like bandits, but a little extra for time and your troubles over and above the vehicles cost/worth would be nice.

Funny thing is, the same thing just happened to a co-worker last Thursday night. Her '02 Avalanche 2500 8.1L 4x4 was sitting in front of her house when a drunk guy in a rental car on a business trip hit it. There is extensive damage to the passenger front, which I'm sure they'll total it.

Good luck and keep us informed on the results.

This past summer my 18 year old parked on the street Geo Tracker was hit. I only had no-fault coverage but the insurance company of the hit-and-run driver paid me $1,000. We were not home but had several witnesses, and it was in broad daylight.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....less&page=2

Z5.jpg

Better days:

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x295/ka...ebra%20Tracker/

ZT-3.jpg

You'd think it would be hard to miss seeing a Tracker with Zebra stripes...then again they didn't miss it afterall. :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

That is awesome that the witnesses came forward. My car was hit by a guy at a gas station, he refused to give me any info and just left before the cops came. Though I had his license #, no one at the gas station apparently saw it happen and his insurance company said without at least one witness we're not giving you anything. Luckily it was a relatively minor scratch.

That is awesome that the witnesses came forward. My car was hit by a guy at a gas station, he refused to give me any info and just left before the cops came. Though I had his license #, no one at the gas station apparently saw it happen and his insurance company said without at least one witness we're not giving you anything. Luckily it was a relatively minor scratch.

My guess is the insurance company is trying not to pay. Sue the guy and/or his insurance company. If nothing else, get the security tapes from the gas station. You may be able to get something from it to prove it was his car.

I'm surprised the cops didn't say more than this - you'd think they would go after the guy for hit and run.

Get it in front of a judge.....

My guess is the insurance company is trying not to pay. Sue the guy and/or his insurance company. If nothing else, get the security tapes from the gas station. You may be able to get something from it to prove it was his car.

I'm surprised the cops didn't say more than this - you'd think they would go after the guy for hit and run.

Get it in front of a judge.....

Let your insurance handle it. They'll fix yours then negotiate with the other insurance company and sue them if necessary.