Ford Sees Fusion as Image Changer

Fusion is a significant product for Ford because of the quality of design, and build. I remember "back in the day" when my father owned a TV store and we sold Zenith. I had two of the same identical model sitting on the floor, one was made in Chicago Ill USA, the other was built in Reynosa, Tamaulipas Mexico. They looked the same, worked the same, had the same build quality (...the quality goes in before the name goes on) and were the same price.

I ran a promotional ad and proudly stated, "It doesn't matter where it is made, it matters where you buy it." I believed that then, and I believe it now. Sadly, Zenith is no longer, having been bought up by LG from Korea (the name continues in the hotel/motel/institutional markets)Zeniths' downfall was because they were too slow to react to market forces and got steamrolled by "Pacific Asian Rim" competitors. I hope that Ford does not meet the same fate as Zenith did, but from what I see, they are stronger, and a building better product, so they look to be on better ground.

Would I have preferred my Fusion was built at say...Auto Alliance instead of Hermosillo? Yes, I will always stand up for my fellow American workers, but Fusion was my choice and Hermosillo is where Ford builds them.

Edited by twintornados

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was suggesting that people should purchase an automobile that would help the American worker and their community. It's not my fault the Fusion doesn't fall into that category.

And, just for argument sake, when the Union ratifies the new contract changes and the VEBA starts paying for retiree health-care on January 1 2010, what will Ford's, and everybody else's excuse be for not investing in American plants? It sure won't be the labor cost issue because Ford's labor cost will be equal to if not less than the transplants, and they have no problem investing in American plants.

It will continue to be a labor costs issue until every assembly plant around the entire world pays their workers the same. It's not just a UAW vs Transplant cost issue. It's a UAW vs The Entire World cost issue.

Who builds the engines and transmissions for the Fusion?

The same American Ford plants that would build them if they were assembled in the States.

Who builds the AWD transfer case?

A non-Ford plant. Another example of jobs a Ford worker should be doing.

Who sells the Fusions?

Ford dealerships.

Who services them?

Nobody. From the responses in this thread I have determined that because they are produced in Mexico, they do not require service.

Hey!!!!!! It was a DAMN good show and it made Comedy Central and SciFi tons of money and they let it wilt on the vine! Hell, I bet they made at least $10-12K per episode and all they did was pump money into losers like The Desden Files and Painkiller Jane!!!!!!

Let this be warning...nobody and I mean NOBODY messes with the BOT MAFIA!!!!!! :finger:

:shades:

LOL! Bot mafia! :hysterical:

That don't mean it ain't funny. You need to lighten up. Embrace your inner Crow (or Tom Servo). Because, in a way, aren't we all stuck in space, watching lousy movies?

Well maybe not.....................

I was always a Crow guy. Tom was always saying that he loved MST3k, but then talking about how changes were needed in the next breath. This would lead to an anti-For... MST3k rant that would in turn make every thread about the same defunct show. MST3k should be RWD!!!

(Rerun Worldwide Daily)

"..58 percent of American carbuyers recognize the Fusion name"

Thats a shame, even the old Fusion was a great car.

see what a good ad campaign will do.

if Ford had put the same marketing effort intot he 500 and Freestyle they too would have been successful.

The same American Ford plants that would build them if they were assembled in the States.

A non-Ford plant. Another example of jobs a Ford worker should be doing.

Ford dealerships.

Nobody. From the responses in this thread I have determined that because they are produced in Mexico, they do not require service.

Yes

Yes but they're UAW

Yes

They still need routine service

---

Point being: You asserted that the Fusion benefited NO ONE in the US aside from Ford execs.

The UAW workers that are represented in this thread make me happy my car isn't built by them. Respect is earned and most of the posts i've read from this group of people certainly hasn't earned any respect from me. I am sure I will be insulted by certain members of said group for buying a car built in Mexico but at the end of the day, do we really care what they say? Significant product is being sent to the US, yet that isn't enough for them. THey hate us making generalizations about UAW workers yet are more than happy to make generalizations of Mexicans and are happy to ignore the quality ratings the current products built in Mexico are getting. That's all I wanted to say and that's all I will say.

hawaiicarguy

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 02:20 AM Post #6

BlueOval New Member

Group: Blue Oval Members

Well Mr. Mullaly I would invite you to come and sit in my 2007 Fusion and explain to me why I should stay with Ford. When you sit in the driver's seat you will notice the loud creak that comes from the seat. Yes sir, the dealer knows about the TSB and still cannot fix it. Then start it up, put her in gear drive a couple of feet forward and listen to the dash rattle. Get her up to speed and the seat still creaks everytime you go over a bump. Then the rattles from the C pillars start. I then invite you to look at the dashboard. The uneven and warped passenger side airbag cover will not inspire confidence. All 2007's and some 08's dashboard's look the same. I still have 4 years to pay on this car. What will it be like in 4 years?

Don't forget to flush?