Wixom to stay

wixom22

Oshawa is IN NORTH AMERICA...not sure if you meant another US plant...

Oshawa is in ONtario Canada

What source do you have that St Thomas will close?

Stap has a contract with no closures until at least 2008 and over $200 million investment going into the grand marquis in /07/'08

are you just throwing out rumors? or do you know something we donts

I can see St Thomas closing sometime in the next 5 to 10 years though if they dont get a new product or flex plant. we do have about 600 acres of land Ford owns around the facility and its a good quality producing plant, it was also the #1 large car producing plant on the harbour reports...way ahead of any other in North America.

PSSSTT! [whispers] he said "Rumors" on the floor at Wixom[/whispers]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the new Lincoln sedans and the larger Ford and Lincoln crossovers?

Very good resource told me :

The D3 lincolns are going to Atlanta as well as the "Fairlane" project. Wixom will be closed. Word has it that the union is trying to save Michigan jobs so they are trying to convince Ford to close Atlanta and keep Wixom........... but Ford isn't buying it. :)

Lets see, Ford is slinging a crap load of money to STAP and has pulled all new funding from ATL. Now the Gov of Mi. says a road project has been approved and the Mich Economic Corp is getting involved putting a package together. Ford will have a reason beyond quality... to make Wixom a very good choice for there next mega flex plant.

The plan is set and it will be announced soon.

NO TRUST HERE BABY, THEY AINT YO MAMA.

CUT it OUT!!!! butthead! people NOTICE stuff like that!!!! huh,huh,huuuh!yea right!!

len_A and I have different sources.Wixom will be re-tooled!!!! hey do you like this: see the USA in a CHEVROLET,,,,,,,learn to speak SPANISH and CHINESE!!!! Dinah Shore is spinning in her grave.Dont laugh man in HER DAY!!! Ya Ya Ya!!! The wealthy in firm control of US and the USA are traitors to our heroic,independent,self-sacrificing heritage!! Have a nice holiday butthead!!! Atlanta 27 Detroit 16 Edited by chubby

len_A and I have different sources.Wixom will be re-tooled!!!! hey do you like this: see the USA in a CHEVROLET,,,,,,,learn to speak SPANISH and CHINESE!!!! Dinah Shore is spinning in her grave.Dont laugh man in HER DAY!!! Ya Ya Ya!!! The wealthy in firm control of US and the USA are traitors to our heroic,independent,self-sacrificing heritage!! Have a nice holiday butthead!!! Atlanta 27 Detroit 16

HUH? :blink:

If this is the edited version, how confusing was the original. ;)

Very good resource told me :

The D3 lincolns are going to Atlanta as well as the "Fairlane" project. Wixom will be closed. Word has it that the union is trying to save Michigan jobs so they are trying to convince Ford to close Atlanta and keep Wixom........... but Ford isn't buying it. :)

I think it boils down more to the notion of dollars and cents as opposed to union loyalties. Wixom would be much better suited to build the D3 based Lincolns and Fairlane since they have similar wheelbases to the Lincoln Town car. It would cost Ford no more than $300 million to retool Wixom, while Atlanta building the same vehichles would cost more like $800 million. Also factor the shipment of parts from the upper midwest to Atlanta, and it would add even more cost to building the D3 cars there.

This is not to say that Atlanta will not get anohter product. Atlanta has succeeded throughout the years as an overflow plant. FOr example, building the Taurus/Sable at the plant was ideal because parts could be shipped from the upper midwest, and the completed cars could then be distributed to the southern US, with Chicago shipping to the upper part of the US. Atlanta would be much better suited to building the Fusion and Milan.

HUH? :blink:

If this is the edited version, how confusing was the original. ;)

Who am I? Shakespeare?Go back to the "Balkans" Angry-caucasians-of European ancestry-who travel- in -packs -like -wolves! I KNOW OF WHAT I SPEAK!!!!! "Balkans"=Oac news! This thread is about Wixom HUH?:blink: Edited by chubby

Who am I? Shakespeare?Go back to the "Balkans" Angry-caucasians-of European ancestry-who travel- in -packs -like -wolves! I KNOW OF WHAT I SPEAK!!!!! "Balkans"=Oac news! This thread is about Wixom HUH?:blink:

Believe me...no one is mistaking you for Shakespeare...more like 50 cent

If this truly is a battle between Wixom and Atlanta to stay open, this can't be good for Wixom.

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/local/13286115.htm

I hope Granholm and friends Ante Up and offer Ford some similar incentives.

All these recent rumors leaking out about Wixom staying open are really starting to make sense to me now. Make Atlanta think your going with Wixom, and wait for all the incentives and tax breaks to roll in for the plant that you wanted to keep open all along.

I just fired off this E-mail to Governor Granholms office...

Dear Governor Granholm,

I'm sure you are aware of Ford Motor Companys upcoming Restructuring announcement. If not, the announcement is purported to arrive sometime in January, and much like GMs recent announcement will include multiple plant closings and layoffs. One of the Assembly plants on the rumoured list to close is the Wixom assembly plant. There seems to be wide speculation that Wixom is competing with the Atlanta assembly plant to stay open. Recently I ran across the following link Detailing the state of Georgias incentive package to try and woo Ford to keep atlanta open.

If Atlanta is spared, Wixom is almost certain to close.

With the massive exodus of good paying Manufacturing jobs leaving Michigan, I would hope that our local and State Governments would do everything they could to retain the 1700 High paying jobs that the Wixom assembly plant employs. If you are already abreast of this situation, please disregard this E-mail. If not I hope you can do everything in your power to keep Wixom open and keep michigan Working.

Sincerely,

I'm sure she'll never get it, but I figured it was worth a shot. Maybe Michigan will get into a bidding war with Georgia. :P

Edited by mrballsonya

I just fired off this E-mail to Governor Granholms office...

Dear Governor Granholm,

I'm sure you are aware of Ford Motor Companys upcoming Restructuring announcement. If not, the announcement is purported to arrive sometime in January, and much like GMs recent announcement will include multiple plant closings and layoffs. One of the Assembly plants on the rumoured list to close is the Wixom assembly plant. There seems to be wide speculation that Wixom is competing with the Atlanta assembly plant to stay open. Recently I ran across the following link Detailing the state of Georgias incentive package to try and woo Ford to keep atlanta open.

If Atlanta is spared, Wixom is almost certain to close.

With the massive exodus of good paying Manufacturing jobs leaving Michigan, I would hope that our local and State Governments would do everything they could to retain the 1700 High paying jobs that the Wixom assembly plant employs. If you are already abreast of this situation, please disregard this E-mail. If not I hope you can do everything in your power to keep Wixom open and keep michigan Working.

Sincerely,

I'm sure she'll never get it, but I figured it was worth a shot. Maybe Michigan will get into a bidding war with Georgia. :P

You right you know. They are in a bid war but like someone said they end up with incentives in the end with the plant they planned to keep all along.

One thing to think about.... Wixom Rd. Bridge is already back on the books to be reworked so there is the road improvements, tax breaks will come, and I am almost gonna bet that they will finally build a stamping plant in the back part of wixom. Oh yeah and they already have a but load of land so that is not an issue. The next Super Flex Plant will be Wixom.

I do remember one of the higher ups saying that wixom employees will be taken care of. Maybe if they do it right they could get some return to home transfers and the people on the street.

Unofficial info. found on a pin board in Wixom assem. It was a fax from www.csmauto.com which appears to be some sort of reasearch/marketing/?? company. Its page two and it starts with BMW and ends with General Motors. It looks like a planning schedule for future production. I checked their site and couldn't find anything like the posting. You may have to be a client or a paid subscriber??

Ford Group:

P131/P356: Ford has delayed the next generation F-Series Super Duty (P356) at Ford Kentucky Truck by three months. Production is now scheduled to begin in January 2007 with the current model (P131) continuing through September.

P2: Ford Wixom #1 has won a last minute reprieve and will produce the P2-based Ford Fairlane (D471), Lincoln MAV (D472), Lincoln Continental (D385), and the Lincoln full sized sedan (E386) at beginning in late 2007 and into 2008. Ford-Atlanta will close as part of the sourcing realignment.

I've re-read those dates at the end and its exactly as printed. I have no idea if the launch #'s are correct or not. I do know that Wixom can build three different platforms at the same time now so that isn't a factor. Any constructive imput out there?

Unofficial info. found on a pin board in Wixom assem. It was a fax from www.csmauto.com which appears to be some sort of reasearch/marketing/?? company. Its page two and it starts with BMW and ends with General Motors. It looks like a planning schedule for future production. I checked their site and couldn't find anything like the posting. You may have to be a client or a paid subscriber??

Ford Group:

P131/P356: Ford has delayed the next generation F-Series Super Duty (P356) at Ford Kentucky Truck by three months. Production is now scheduled to begin in January 2007 with the current model (P131) continuing through September.

P2: Ford Wixom #1 has won a last minute reprieve and will produce the P2-based Ford Fairlane (D471), Lincoln MAV (D472), Lincoln Continental (D385), and the Lincoln full sized sedan (E386) at beginning in late 2007 and into 2008. Ford-Atlanta will close as part of the sourcing realignment.

I've re-read those dates at the end and its exactly as printed. I have no idea if the launch #'s are correct or not. I do know that Wixom can build three different platforms at the same time now so that isn't a factor. Any constructive imput out there?

This makes sense to me. I think ford wants to keep it's production centralized geographically speaking anyway so a move like this comes as no suprise to me. Any word on production plans for the crown vic in St. Thomas?? Just curious.

Man, at this point it looks like anything is possible at Wixom! So far, we've got the road work signed off on again and now Atlanta is working on a secret incentive package for Ford. Sounds like they're getting desperate on their end in Atlanta. Anyone know for sure that Wixom is going to survive though? I'll believe it when Billy tells me for sure.

Mich. politico's are also working on a tax incentive package for all business due next week. I believe mich. will match and or exceede any deal another state puts together. They cant afford not to.

I agree with you, I'm not real sure on anything at this time, anything can happen. I to will wait for an announcement from management.

We have a few Aviators and Ford SUVs back in Dearborn

I have the Aviator badging

I am told the Ford will be the Edge but I have seen no badges

Will it become the Fairlane at the last hour?

there was a silver edge made around labor day has all badges was told showcar also the white and black edges and aviators are cover so no 1 sees the badges but they are out there the silver 1 looks sweet my whole family all like it we all have explorers sometime in our life all we all said we would buy this 1 very sharp i hope its a big hit 4 ford the aviator is also nice .

I don't think that this situation should be looked at as Atlanta versus Wixom. While Atlanta will probably not get the D2 vehichles, they could be a second Fusion plant. If Ford were smart, they would add station wagon and coupe models to the good thing they have in the Fusion line. Atlanta could produce for the Eastern US, and Hermilsilo could produce for the Western half of the US. It would make more sense logistically to build the Fusion at Atlanta as well.

Regarding Wixom, I do not think that a new Interchagne would be approved at Wixom road if Ford was going to close and demolish the plant. Also, I am sure a Wixom closure would be grabed up by Jennifer Granholm's Republican opponenet next year and ramed down her throat.

I don't think that this situation should be looked at as Atlanta versus Wixom. While Atlanta will probably not get the D2 vehichles, they could be a second Fusion plant. If Ford were smart, they would add station wagon and coupe models to the good thing they have in the Fusion line. Atlanta could produce for the Eastern US, and Hermilsilo could produce for the Western half of the US. It would make more sense logistically to build the Fusion at Atlanta as well.

The only thing is that you'd be back in the same boat again as you are now with underutilitized plants. Its better to build more cars at one plant with 3 shifts then have it split over 2 plants running just 1 shift each. Hermilsilo can produce all the CD3 Cars that ford can sell. As for a Station wagon...they have the Edge coming out..why repeat yourself? A coupe would be nice but that market is deader then a door nail.

Regarding Wixom, I do not think that a new Interchagne would be approved at Wixom road if Ford was going to close and demolish the plant. Also, I am sure a Wixom closure would be grabed up by Jennifer Granholm's Republican opponenet next year and ramed down her throat.

news flash, Ford has been grooming "Republicans" for years through internal mind bending propaganda. on the other hand the union has been grooming "Democrats" for years using our dues money. It's a safe assumption that the republican leaning leadership at Ford would like nothing less than to help the Michigan GOP "raming this down her throat". A new interchange would benifit Wixom with or without a factory. new housing developements and shoping meca's need these road improvements as well. can you say "BECK ROAD"

don't get your hopes up for Wixom Assy. or Atlanta. there are under utilized Flex plants waiting for a new set of "rubics cubes" to build the next generation of products. the writings on the wall, why can't people read it?