Spied: Ford F-350 testing all-new 6.2 BOSS V8

I'm not as impressed with the 6.2L as I thought I once was. If it can't match or surpass the power and torque output of the old 2V 6.8L V-10, I'm afraid that it'll be a step back for that market segment for Ford. However, if we consider this more of a merging of the 5.4L and 6.8L products into one, then splitting the difference won't be too bad. I'd still like to see 420+ lbs of torque in that segment, though. As long as the HP numbers are at least as good as the 2V 6.8L V-10s, I can't see where it would be a failure.

I believe the 6.2 will also come with a 6 speed auto. A deeper first gear and with closer ratios should help make up for the loss of torque. The 6.2 in the HD GM trucks only comes with about 360 HP doesn't it?

GM does not offer the 6.2L in any of the HD's. The HD's get a 360 h.p./380 ft. lbs. 6.0L. However, the LS series engines can go to 7.0L if need be. Before GM got into trouble, a larger truck only LS was rumored to be in the works. Don't know what the statusof that engine is at the moment.i

The Class A motorhome still gets the old 2V 6.8L V-10. That engine is rated at 310 hp (305 in a van) and 425 lb ft.

The 3V engine (2005 and up) is rated at 362 hp and 457 lb ft.

The 2V seems to be more fuel efficient, but from what I've experienced the 3V has a very noticable power increase...coupled with the 2V using the 4 sp auto only.