stamping plants

ranger7

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard stamping plants were combining all trades and cutting people, does anyone have any info?

The trades with narrow skills have the most to worry about. I heard that they want to move to 2 trade classifications, mechanical and electrical. Also, non apprenticable maintenance work will go to trades such as lubrication, all rigging, etc..Those are auto industry generalizations.

Hey Ranger, we just got paper passed out by our Local Union(Company)officials saying how we at the engine plants (Lima and Cleveland) prevented the whipsawing by working together ("cough"bullshit).They also said at subcouncil that the International was warning that the stamping plants were next.Of course there's the "this is not a threat" bullshit, but Ford's gonna close "onna them there stamping plants".They told us the same shit. See topic Cleveland Engine Plant and Lima's hiring. It kinda gives a rundown on what to expect.

If Ford has it in it's heartless soul to put a whole plant of people out of work NOTHIN is gonna roll that stone over. Nuthin' personal...it's just business. :finger: These plants need to stand together and let the chips fall where they may.Everyone here hates what they voted for (and who) but they have NO HEART LEFT!!! We didnt sell out but we did trust those who sold us out!!! ASK QUESTIONS DONT LET'EM SHOUT YOU DOWN. Best to ya'all :rockon:

I heard Ford went to all the stamping plants and laid down their lists of demands. Each plant told Ford to shove it, and do what they are going to do anyways. Now Ford is scrambling to figure something out. One of them will be closing though. At subcouncil, Twin Cities were fuming over voting in concessions and still being closed!! Tha Stamping plants are doing it right!!!

I heard Ford went to all the stamping plants and laid down their lists of demands. Each plant told Ford to shove it, and do what they are going to do anyways. Now Ford is scrambling to figure something out. One of them will be closing though. At subcouncil, Twin Cities were fuming over voting in concessions and still being closed!! Tha Stamping plants are doing it right!!!

Don't be surprised if 2 maybe 3 close.

They sure are!!! They are going to do what they are going to do. They all ready know who they want to close, so why pit plant against plant. Twin Cities perfect example. Tell Ford to shove it!!!! :happy feet:

They sure are!!! They are going to do what they are going to do. They all ready know who they want to close, so why pit plant against plant. Twin Cities perfect example. Tell Ford to shove it!!!! :happy feet:

I work at Woodhaven Stamping Plant. So far no one has told us anything about combining trades. But, as of today, get this, the Plant Manager had one our restrooms steel gated. Another is to be closed. After shutdown another of our locker rooms will be closed and two more restrooms on the mezzanine. The reason given was to save money on cleaners, (you know, the 75 dollar an hour variety). The word is the company asked our Chairman to approve an outside contracting agency to clean restrooms and bathrooms upstairs on the mezzanine and he told them to shove it. Also, as of May 12, no more cafeteria. They closed another cafeteria, the block house, that serves simple fare last month. But, as of next week no more main cafe. The word is they will bring in the roach coach during lunch periods. To say that morale is at an all time high would be a gross understatement. 130 took the buyout last week and another 90 want it. They may or may not get it. Won't know untill after shutdown. The stamping plants are competing against each other on cost and safety, according to the Plant Manager. Time will tell.

Edited by BioDiesel

we @ WISA are in a little different situation...as we are attached to WAP via a 1/2 mile long tunnel were bodies go over to assembly. We stamp parts for WAP, MTP, KC, Jaguar and used to do Excursion parts.....

Since we are joined @ the hip with WAP...we are hearing they can not go 'flex" because the entire roof of WAP is to low???? :shrug:

Again that is a rumor....but I do agree....Stamping is gonna be part of the downsizing....we could get axed either way...We have been hearing Walton hills and Maumee....again...pure speculation.

Another hint is our chairman bailed for solid house before easter....maybe he knows something???? :headscratch:

we @ WISA are in a little different situation...as we are attached to WAP via a 1/2 mile long tunnel were bodies go over to assembly. We stamp parts for WAP, MTP, KC, Jaguar and used to do Excursion parts.....

Since we are joined @ the hip with WAP...we are hearing they can not go 'flex" because the entire roof of WAP is to low???? :shrug:

Again that is a rumor....but I do agree....Stamping is gonna be part of the downsizing....we could get axed either way...We have been hearing Walton hills and Maumee....again...pure speculation.

Another hint is our chairman bailed for solid house before easter....maybe he knows something???? :headscratch:

I think your are right we heard walton hillis about a year ago after the balance out of the taurus. I keep hearing "BIG" changes at maumee after shut down going to two shifts, combining trades, or just plane closing. We have not had any buyouts at our plant none which does not make any sence if they were going to close us. We are losing some very high volume jobs mostly to KTP plant which does make sence the build the the trucks we make parts for . Heard yesterday that BSP got all of the the new EDGE stamping we got nada. We are getting one fender and one hood stamping plus making the assemblies before we ship them for the e-150. Hang in there people looks like it is going to be up to us on this web sight to keep each other informed cause all i see our union reps doing is padding there pockets and building there nest eggs nothing for the rank and file :rockon:

Edited by cobra6603

RE: Walton Hills- as a major supplier to OHAP (Econoline) I'd say as long as OHAP keeps building vans, Walton Hills survives. April 2006 the E-series was the 3rd best selling FoMoCo vehicle in NA 16,xxx. it's a cash cow and will run as-is (after a 2007 front end update) untill 2012. imo

I think BSP will be O.K. because they supply Canada and Woodhaven seems to be in a good location CHSP makes mostly Taurus parts and the 500, after Taurus CHSP will be hurting. Dont know about the other stamping plants but good luck.

I think BSP will be O.K. because they supply Canada and Woodhaven seems to be in a good location CHSP makes mostly Taurus parts and the 500, after Taurus CHSP will be hurting. Dont know about the other stamping plants but good luck.

CSP is hurting, they are telling us that if CAP gets new product, that does not mean that we will. the taurus and ranger plant closings, have us on the ropes. they want to get rid of cleaners, welder-repair, facility positions and they want to cut 600 jobs. They want to outsource painters, carpenters, and downsize and combine some skilled trades. Supposedly, they wanted to get rid of the truck shop. Of course, none of this is official, but there is talk on the shop floor. There is going to be a union meeting, that I won't be able to go to on Sunday.

I think Ford has wanted to acheive these results for a long time.

CSP is hurting, they are telling us that if CAP gets new product, that does not mean that we will. the taurus and ranger plant closings, have us on the ropes. they want to get rid of cleaners, welder-repair, facility positions and they want to cut 600 jobs. They want to outsource painters, carpenters, and downsize and combine some skilled trades. Supposedly, they wanted to get rid of the truck shop. Of course, none of this is official, but there is talk on the shop floor. There is going to be a union meeting, that I won't be able to go to on Sunday.

I think Ford has wanted to acheive these results for a long time.

I was told the quality that comes out of CSP is not good enough for CAP's new Lincoln, :shrug: :shrug:

I work at Woodhaven Stamping Plant. So far no one has told us anything about combining trades. But, as of today, get this, the Plant Manager had one our restrooms steel gated. Another is to be closed. After shutdown another of our locker rooms will be closed and two more restrooms on the mezzanine. The reason given was to save money on cleaners, (you know, the 75 dollar an hour variety). The word is the company asked our Chairman to approve an outside contracting agency to clean restrooms and bathrooms upstairs on the mezzanine and he told them to shove it. Also, as of May 12, no more cafeteria. They closed another cafeteria, the block house, that serves simple fare last month. But, as of next week no more main cafe. The word is they will bring in the roach coach during lunch periods. To say that morale is at an all time high would be a gross understatement. 130 took the buyout last week and another 90 want it. They may or may not get it. Won't know untill after shutdown. The stamping plants are competing against each other on cost and safety, according to the Plant Manager. Time will tell.

While having a cafeteria might be contractual, the company can't force a vendor to provide that service. Our cafeteria is on the brink of closure, they have limited service on dayshift and a roach coach on afternoons. The vendor wasn't making enough money, the reason for the reduction in service and the potential closure. The bathroom cleaning at our plant was also outsourced, ironically it was done by an outside vendor for years, the employees for this vendor were represented by the UAW, our chairman thought it would be a great idea to have our folks do it, which they did for a time. And yeah, stamping plants are probably competing against each other on cost, your plant manager is probably competing with other plant managers for his job.

RE: Walton Hills- as a major supplier to OHAP (Econoline) I'd say as long as OHAP keeps building vans, Walton Hills survives. April 2006 the E-series was the 3rd best selling FoMoCo vehicle in NA 16,xxx. it's a cash cow and will run as-is (after a 2007 front end update) untill 2012. imo

FWIW, my brother-in-law worked for a steel supplier as a rep/engineer for a few years, he serviced most of the stamping facilities in the Ohio/Michigan environs, claimed that Walton Hills was the worst run of the bunch.

Was told there will be a roach coach for days and afternoon shifts only. Midnight shift will have to bring a lunch, so you're out of luck Bio. You could always come back to days, Bigbird could always use the help.

Big Bird's only got 5 blankers to contend with, besides, I hear the salary guys are all running around like chicken's with their heads cut off on days. No thanks for now. If Sam comes back to midnights I will consider days. By the way, who are you?

I was told the quality that comes out of CSP is not good enough for CAP's new Lincoln, :shrug: :shrug:

the sinking quality is what happens when the response to being #1 in quality, was to reduce inspectors and increase their responsibilities. Most belt watchers were also eliminated, and supervisors and superintendents with their "run it" attitudes and actions are not disciplined. Last but not least, how is the PM keeping his job?

Edited by birdy1s

the sinking quality is what happens when the response to being #1 in quality, was to reduce inspectors and increase their responsibilities. Most belt watchers were also eliminated, and supervisors and superintendents with their "run it" attitudes and actions are not disciplined. Last but not least, how is the PM keeping his job?

Same thing here all we hear is numbers numbers numbers no matter how good or bad the parts we are making. I know some of the parts could get buy burrs pull backs ect but some of it is crap. They cut our tool and die to two shifts now nothing or very little gets fixed. Wonder what is next . CUT THAT CHECK 2006 :runaway::runaway::runaway: :titanic:

Edited by cobra6603

Don't believe what good ole TH has to say. Look at all of the lines that were taken out of your plant. Too many to mention. The capacity for work has significantly declined, just like your manpower and overtime. Also, what about not wanting any Class A surface work at your plant anymore? Years ago they stated that they wanted Woodhaven's population to be at 800. They are getting there. As far as the trades, you've already lost all of your oilers except 1 and instead of adding new ones they have shifted the work to machine repair. It has also been said ( by an union official) that welder repair will be eliminated in 07.

The bad part about it all is you really don't know WHO to believe anymore.

Like i said that is the buzz I heard at CAP, I have freinds at CSP and hate it!

Don't believe what good ole TH has to say. Look at all of the lines that were taken out of your plant. Too many to mention. The capacity for work has significantly declined, just like your manpower and overtime. Also, what about not wanting any Class A surface work at your plant anymore? Years ago they stated that they wanted Woodhaven's population to be at 800. They are getting there. As far as the trades, you've already lost all of your oilers except 1 and instead of adding new ones they have shifted the work to machine repair. It has also been said ( by an union official) that welder repair will be eliminated in 07.

The bad part about it all is you really don't know WHO to believe anymore.

The Lean Mfg. Mgr. Wagner claims Low Bay cannot run w/out Welder Repair. 10 Welder Repair just took the buy out, and, get this, 7 or 8 that were cut back a few years ago were put back on Welder Repair last week. There will probably be another buyout in July/August and when the decisions on which stamping plants will be shut, if Woodhaven remains, which we probably will, more work will come in and flowback people will be brought in. By the way. The bids for Material Handling went up and none of the 96 seniority people got them. Lowest sen. for tow was 88, so I hear. Hilo, 95. Mostly Wixom and Auto Alliance people that were brought in recently. Also, Machine Repair is not doing the Oiler's job. 1 on days and 1 on midnights. Most OT in the plant, currently since all the presses leak worse than ever.

Edited by BioDiesel

The Lean Mfg. Mgr. Wagner claims Low Bay cannot run w/out Welder Repair. 10 Welder Repair just took the buy out, and, get this, 7 or 8 that were cut back a few years ago were put back on Welder Repair last week. There will probably be another buyout in July/August and when the decisions on which stamping plants will be shut, if Woodhaven remains, which we probably will, more work will come in and flowback people will be brought in. By the way. The bids for Material Handling went up and none of the 96 seniority people got them. Lowest sen. for tow was 88, so I hear. Hilo, 95. Mostly Wixom and Auto Alliance people that were brought in recently. Also, Machine Repair is not doing the Oiler's job. 1 on days and 1 on midnights. Most OT in the plant, currently since all the presses leak worse than ever.

Have you noticed the Union appointees back on there job in order to get a buyout. i.e. cant put his name so K.T. will have to do. Have you heard this statement from the union reps on our grievences "We are waiting for labor to sign off" or " J.A. was not here today was called up north" funny i saw him in his office 9 out of 10 times i heard that. I am really tried of the lies wonder what ever came out of there little meeting they had at Maumee Bay last week. :censored::censored::sos::banghead:

Edited by cobra6603