Rivals' woes give Ford Motor Co. a clear field

Fred Hawkins, a Florida retiree, is one of a dozen who told The Washington Times they are disgusted with the bailout and fear that the quality of cars made by Chrysler and GM will suffer as critical decisions are made for political reasons by the unions and government managers.

"GM and Chrysler are toast," Mr. Hawkins said. "I now consider it my patriotic duty to buy nothing made by the UAW."

Hmmm...

"I now consider it my patriotic duty to buy nothing made by the UAW."

Is this an oxymoron or just a plain moron.

Someone enlighten me, what patriotic vehicle could you buy that isn't made by the UAW?

would a Jeep assembled by Hyundai qualify?

Edited by jpd80

It's a total mindset in the USA to place blame. considering Chrysler is:

Chrysler has extended this offer three times since offering it in January. The company is trying to reduce its hourly workforce from about 26,000 to 22,500, according to a filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court.

Meanwhile: NHTSA to require seat belts on commercial buses

Something else to blame on the UAW

It's a total mindset in the USA to place blame. considering Chrysler is:

Meanwhile: NHTSA to require seat belts on commercial buses

Something else to blame on the UAW

Nothing wrong with that. Commercial airplanes require them (which doesn't do much good at 600mph), I think buses should too since there are far more bus accidents then airplane accidents.

Nothing wrong with that. Commercial airplanes require them (which doesn't do much good at 600mph), I think buses should too since there are far more bus accidents then airplane accidents.

One of my coworker's teenage daughter was killed two years ago when the charter bus their high-school soccer team was on flipped over. If she had been wearing a seat belt, she would have survived the crash. Due to that accident, the school district will no longer charter buses without seat belts and they also replaced their entire fleet of school buses with new ones with seat belts. In fact, most of the school districts in the area followed suite.

One of my coworker's teenage daughter was killed two years ago when the charter bus their high-school soccer team was on flipped over. If she had been wearing a seat belt, she would have survived the crash. Due to that accident, the school district will no longer charter buses without seat belts and they also replaced their entire fleet of school buses with new ones with seat belts. In fact, most of the school districts in the area followed suite.

If my son was on a bus, I'd want him wearing a seatbelt as well.

Stop repeating yourself. You are being far more disruptive than he is.

For over 1 year. I've watched him post nothing but argumentative statements to one particular person on the site. Finally I had enough and told him so. Then he wants to add me to his list. I've decided to counter it with just a simple statement

BAN HIM PLEASE

pure and simple. it's all I will add to anything he posts. The childish arguing can go on, and I just put that in as my comment towards it.

For over 1 year. I've watched him post nothing but argumentative statements to one particular person on the site. Finally I had enough and told him so. Then he wants to add me to his list. I've decided to counter it with just a simple statement

BAN HIM PLEASE

pure and simple. it's all I will add to anything he posts. The childish arguing can go on, and I just put that in as my comment towards it.

Well that's certainly mature on your part. :rolleyes:

There is an ignore feature. I suggest you use it.

Hmmm, is right! That guy sounds like an uneducated idiot! If Ford, who employs UAW workers as well, can make it without govt. help, it must be the union's fault that GM and Chrysler needed help.

Like you said, some people are just stupid. You can try to educate them but their union hatred gets in the way of being educated therefore they remain stupid.

I'm thinking Ford may have another surprising Q2 result, it could be a small profit or tiny loss,

something to stun the market and kick the stock up over $6. If that happens watch for more debt bond

swaps, I think that Ford is shadowing GM/Chrysler's every move without needing government money, bankruptcy or slashing dealers.

Watch the American public switch camps on the back of some good new from Ford,

everyone likes a winner and Ford is looking like that month by month.:)

Edited by jpd80