Hello Executives

Thank You, Nick, for finally saying that. Even though I'm now early retired, it makes one feel better to know there are some who did indeed appreciate the many, many suggestions from the hourly employees in the various plants. Maybe things are changing for the better on that today from my personal observation. Back when I was still there, only a very few engineers would even take the time to listen and note what some of us were saying back then to help improve quality and product.

listening to line workers is about the smartest thing an engineer can do. Not all suggestions necessarily work for the better, but they can certainly tell you what does not work.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best line worker in the world can not make a product better if the part they are assembling have engineering flaws.

Inversely, an average line worker can install a superior part and the final product will be better.

I said better engineering is the "majority" reason.... not the only reason.

Ideas and suggestions are only imaginations until someone makes it happen. :shades:

You'll never understand anything, to even have a discussion with you is like talking to a wall.

line workers will have more affect with the engineers than you think.

So keep thinking what you want, I know what I did working with the engineers over the years and will keep working with them to make things better for my fellow worker and the company. You're to narrow minded.

Well certainly the suggestions of the line workers contributed to the better engineering and QC. When the engineering is better, it makes the job of the line worker more efficient. It's a dependent relationship. One isn't going to get better without the other, so for that I say thanks to all the line workers who offered up suggestions and continue to build great vehicles!! :yup:

I appreciate that Nick

You'll never understand anything, to even have a discussion with you is like talking to a wall.

So keep thinking what you want, I know what I did working with the engineers over the years and will keep working with them to make things better for my fellow worker and the company. You're to narrow minded.

What part of the statement that I made you disagree with?

The easier it is to build a car, the easier the quality comes.

I'm sure the engineers could find lots more ways to make painful line jobs easier and quicker to accomplish,

it starts with having design and production workers getting together on the job, not section heads at meetings.

You executives and heads of these companies that move work out of the country to save a buck, you are all traitors.

You should be tried and convicted of treason against your country and locked up in gitmo.

Treason by definition; an act that undermines the offenders government.

Sounds like all of you. Undermining the American economy by investing in china, india, mexico and on and on.

I smell a lawsuit.

You all sicken me.

You traitors!

Edited by Stugots

You executives and heads of these companies that move work out of the country to save a buck, you are all traitors.

You should be tried and convicted of treason against your country and locked up in gitmo.

Treason by definition; an act that undermines the offenders government.

Sounds like all of you. Undermining the American economy by investing in china, india, mexico and on and on.

I smell a lawsuit.

You all sicken me.

You traitors!

Hey Stugots, the Gitmo prison compound isn't going to be around for long, that idiot Obama want's it closed down. We'll have to find another type of 'gulag'...... :devil: :banmolest: And let's not forget those executives and other greedy assholes that ruined everything when they suddenly popped up Visteon like a bad boner too! I'm surprised you haven't hit the Visteon Bankruptcy threat yet, in fact, I'm surprised a lot more of the BON-ers on here haven't.

Edited by NoMoVisteon

Visteon clearly an example of fords lack of vision and foresight.

Bad decision after bad decision,( mark fields private jet). And they expect us to pay for it.

Gimmmie a break!

Edited by Stugots

If we get into a "situation" with North Korea, the only thing that will keep China out of it is because of our trade with them.

I'm not sure how we can really answer that, Mettech. One thing is for sure, the North Koreans are a loose cannon at this moment, a VERY LOOSE one! And you can bet that my old military branch, the USAF and all the others are right now, on a very high alert. Scary.

Visteon clearly an example of fords lack of vision and foresight.

Bad decision after bad decision,( mark fields private jet). And they expect us to pay for it.

Gimmmie a break!

Amen Brother! Mark Field's jet was a big slap in the face when they started their 'Way Backward' the past few years or so for downsizing Ford. As for Visteon, shit, I'm running out of comments, rants, criticisms, etc, etc, on these assholes, bitching like I have about them since they showed up on the scene since 2000. About the only thing I can see now that's left is ALL the loss of customer business, vehicle sales, and not to mention ALL of the human cost and carnage that is left now as a result. Yeah, it makes me madder than hell to see how our country could just give away the store.

If we get into a "situation" with North Korea, the only thing that will keep China out of it is because of our trade with them.

You know China is not "our friend" trade agreements or not. These dirty red communists pri**s have been caught (excuse the pun) red handed hacking into our computer systems.

Hell they probably own half our damn country by now along with saudi arabia.

They can both go to hell. They both have one thing in common. They wish they could be america. Third world, disease infested, dirty s.o.b.'S.

Take someone off the streets stick them on an assembly job with no training. See what happens when you aren't skilled.

Lets see, I get stuck doing a different job every day because I am low man AND I come to work every day. So i get to do the jobs of the people that dont show up. There hasnt been one job that hasnt taken me 5 minutes to learn. Doing the same thing 1100 times a day at a good speed doesnt make you skilled.

Moderators:

Please step in and review Stugots posts.

His presence on this site is offensive and not needed.

Hey, what's the matter? Truth bit you in the ass, huh pal? Stugots has made a couple of points in my opinion. Listen, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!!! It's your WHINEY LITTLE CRYBABY ASS that needs to go, maybe??? :baby::cry::baby::cry:

This fool comes on here saying him and his buddies are going

to do all kinds of things and yet the UAW are working hand in glove

with the Auto industry executives to make real change.

Calling people traitors is a bit rich, keep it real.

Robert, the owner of BON is responsible for displaying what you guys write,

I don't think he would like the tone expressed in this thread.

Edited by jpd80

You know China is not "our friend" trade agreements or not. These dirty red communists pri**s have been caught (excuse the pun) red handed hacking into our computer systems.

Hell they probably own half our damn country by now along with saudi arabia.

They can both go to hell. They both have one thing in common. They wish they could be america. Third world, disease infested, dirty s.o.b.'S.

I can tell you that our nose is up China, North Korea ass along with many other nations as well.

If China didn't have a vested interest in the USA, you can be sure that they would be supporting NK 100% and that would be a big issue.... Big issue.

Now come on and sing a verse of "We are the World". :reading:

We are the World

Hey I got a song for you... Lee greenwood.

And I'm proud to be an american where at least I know I'm free.

And I won't forget the men who died and gave that right to me.

And ill gladly STAND up next to you and defend her still today.

God bless the USA

The men who gave their lives for america would be displeased at your treacherous actions.

By the way, I enjoy Stugots posts.

This fool comes on here saying him and his buddies are going

to do all kinds of things and yet the UAW are working hand in glove

with the Auto industry executives to make real change.

Calling people traitors is a bit rich, keep it real.

Robert, the owner of BON is responsible for displaying what you guys write,

I don't think he would like the tone expressed in this thread.

To tell you the truth, I don't know if Robert would either, he may or may not. His choice. But I think he may also understand why some of the posts that have been posted on this thread and the others here on the BON too. People do have the right express their thoughts and opinions on here, you know. Even if you do not happen to agree with them. Even if it may be offensive to you in perhaps a small way. No one put a gun to your head and said you had to join or else! YOU made that choice, not me, or anyone else! And by all means, you have a right to voice your approval or disapproval. That is your right and your choice. People are not as dumb as you may think. In fact, a lot us on here can very well see, hear, read and sense what is really going on in this world and how it affects not only that individual at a personal level, but the community and country at large as well. I understand why Stugots and others on this site feel the way they do, they see, hear, read and sense at a personal level as to what may well be affecting them. I take it you have a problem with that and want those of us who express ourselves like we do now and then, kicked off and banned from here, right? If someone was threatened outright, etc, I could understand that, but because someone thinks that some in this world may be doing things that are NOT in the best interests of all? I don't think so! Careful what YOU wish for is all I'm going to say............ :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

Hey I got a song for you... Lee greenwood.

And I'm proud to be an american where at least I know I'm free.

And I won't forget the men who died and gave that right to me.

And ill gladly STAND up next to you and defend her still today.

God bless the USA

The men who gave their lives for america would be displeased at your treacherous actions.

By the way, I enjoy Stugots posts.

:hysterical:

You have no idea. :shades:

Hey, what's the matter? Truth bit you in the ass, huh pal? Stugots has made a couple of points in my opinion. Listen, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!!! It's your WHINEY LITTLE CRYBABY ASS that needs to go, maybe??? :baby::cry::baby::cry:

actually, there is an entire employee forum intended for just this kind of discussion.

if you're okay moving the employee discussions outside of the employee forum, then I assume you have no problem with the mods openi g up access to everyone toparticipate in said forum.