2007 Vehicle Order Tracking

Flash -

Roger, thanks. I can't remember how many times I've called Customer Relationships (they don't call it Customer Service anymore for good reason).

Dealer comes up dry usually, or more likely doesn't want to be bothered from what I'm hearing. I know it was released from the plant 6/27 but hasn't been shipped. I hear variously that it's in the queue for striping or is on Quality Hold, or 'I have no information'. Due at dealer NLT 7/14 according to Customer (non-) Service. Ain't there.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I have not heard anything and I suspect that we might not until Thursday...(going back to my Thursday theory)....Trying to be patient..

Yes, it is a nice little add on that I wasn't expecting. Perhaps good things come to those who wait...Too bad that it didn't happen sooner. I connected a friend of my wife's up with an X plan pin (see other thread on this forum) to buy an '06 GT Coupe and she took delivery on 7/6. She can't get the extended warranty...

Naw, no one's ignorant around here unless you speak of ignorance about when the :censored: they are going to make my unit!

actually from what I understand and read, the 5/60 is only available on 2007's effective on 7/14/06 forward.

see attachments, one states on 2007's and the Supplement states on or after 7/14/06 for 2007's

5_60Warranty.pdf

2007_NewWarranty.pdf

ERL says " As of 8/1 unit is locked in and scheduled to build week of 7/31, with an estimated date of delevery to the dealer on 8/11"

YEA!

I agree, trying to use the vin is almost imposiable, She confuses T with E. Do the people who set these up ever try to use them? or even listen to them? So much redundency

With out going through 9 pages of the forum, what happened to Kzinti? hope nothing bad.

Thanks for all the help Fearless!!!

Thanks for the info on the VIN, from what i understand, the California Special is limited to 8750 cars, My Vin sequence # is 223055. Meaning the 223055th car down the line. My questions are, is this only mustangs?, V6's and GT's? , is there a way to find out what # of the GT/CS mine is... or do I ask too many questions...lol

ERL says " As of 8/1 unit is locked in and scheduled to build week of 7/31, with an estimated date of delevery to the dealer on 8/11"

YEA!

I agree, trying to use the vin is almost imposiable, She confuses T with E. Do the people who set these up ever try to use them? or even listen to them? So much redundency

With out going through 9 pages of the forum, what happened to Kzinti? hope nothing bad.

Thanks for all the help Fearless!!!

When they say as of 8/1 and locked week of 7/31, anyone know if that 8/1 is the day

it is to be built? and is ETA on target. Mine says as of 8/3 locked in week of

7/31, ETA 8/13, noticing that ETA is 10 days after the as of date of 8/3 on mine and your as of

8/1 has ETA 8/11, 10days later.

I'am guessing, but the differences in our dates, may be the differences in options and locations of our dealers. I live in St Louis, if you live in CA it may (will) take longer to get there than here. Any one else with more knowledge on this willing to chime in, go for it. You can also read the section at the beginning of the forum (9 pages back).

actually from what I understand and read, the 5/60 is only available on 2007's effective on 7/14/06 forward.

see attachments, one states on 2007's and the Supplement states on or after 7/14/06 for 2007's

Its effective on anything bought after 7/14 and on all 2007's even those already in the hands of Customers.

I got Customer Service on the phone this AM. She was mumbling some stuff about how she can't tell if the vehicle is built or not then she said quietly "bucked". This is one of those keywords. I have to run to a meeting. Does anyone remember the significance of the term "bucked"...

Its effective on anything bought after 7/14 and on all 2007's even those already in the hands of Customers.

I got Customer Service on the phone this AM. She was mumbling some stuff about how she can't tell if the vehicle is built or not then she said quietly "bucked". This is one of those keywords. I have to run to a meeting. Does anyone remember the significance of the term "bucked"...

"Bucked" basically means your car is ready to be assembled, the parts are in the plant. I got the "bucked" info on June 15 and my car was built on the 16th.

-Chip

"Bucked" basically means your car is ready to be assembled, the parts are in the plant. I got the "bucked" info on June 15 and my car was built on the 16th.

-Chip

I do not know what "bucked" means for i called the ERL yeserday, and today, and still get the same old message,

"As of 7/18 your unit is scheduled to be built the week of 7/17, and the estimated arrivial date is the week of 8/3"

Help me, I am beginnig to memorize these words. notice there is no stating "LOCKED IN" hmmmmm

Called my dealer today for a status, of course no help, all then said it should be here in another 3 weeks.

Ahhhhhhh just saw your post Flash, so bucked means production. Cool stuff, because when I hear BUCKED, i associate it with :censored: or someone stepping in front of you in line.

Edited by makemystang

A "buck" is an obsolete British term for the body of a wagon.

Hence, the term "buckboard wagon".

The term carried over to automobiles in the early days, and the tooling that forms the frame also are referred to as "the bucks". Not too long ago, floorpan, sides and roof panels (or roof bows) would go into a bucking fixture and get welded together, and that body would get assigned its VIN. (Now, with modern manufacturing methods getting away from fixed tooling, the point where the sides, floor and roof come together would be the bucking point.)

So, in short, when your car is "bucked" it means that the major frame/body parts are together and there's a shell with your VIN on it.

And yes, I'm chock full of little tidbits like that...:P

A "buck" is an obsolete British term for the body of a wagon.

Hence, the term "buckboard wagon".

The term carried over to automobiles in the early days, and the tooling that forms the frame also are referred to as "the bucks". Not too long ago, floorpan, sides and roof panels (or roof bows) would go into a bucking fixture and get welded together, and that body would get assigned its VIN. (Now, with modern manufacturing methods getting away from fixed tooling, the point where the sides, floor and roof come together would be the bucking point.)

So, in short, when your car is "bucked" it means that the major frame/body parts are together and there's a shell with your VIN on it.

And yes, I'm chock full of little tidbits like that...:P

We learn something new every day. Thanks.

Wonder if I was bucked yesterday.

Guess I will just call the ERL again tomorrow.

:shrug: Is the message update on Wednesday evening for Thursday morning business or is it updated Thursday evening for Friday morning business? they actually should process it daily, it only takes a bar scan reader and an upload to the computer system. Cannot be more then 2 mins of batch processing updates.

Edited by makemystang

I would call Customer Service and press them. They have been brain washed now to be more resistent to giving out information. I barely heard her say bucked under her breath when she was reading her status screens. It was at that point that I figured that we have made progress.

Thanks Sparky. Long time no see. Wish you could hang out more!...

One more question about bucked. Is it possible that you car starts assembly on one day and finishes on another day because it didn't get started until the end of the second shift? So at the end of day one, your status is bucked?

I would call Customer Service and press them. They have been brain washed now to be more resistent to giving out information. I barely heard her say bucked under her breath when she was reading her status screens. It was at that point that I figured that we have made progress.

Thanks Sparky. Long time no see. Wish you could hang out more!...

One more question about bucked. Is it possible that you car starts assembly on one day and finishes on another day because it didn't get started until the end of the second shift? So at the end of day one, your status is bucked?

When you called the CSC, did they ask you if you worked for the dealer or any questions that one might not know the answer. I assume you meant the CSC that has the same number as the ERL but take the "analyst" route.

I cannot understand what the big deal is in FMC giving us information after all, one does need to plan. I am trying to plan a few business trips that I need to take, going out of town (flying) and pick up my pony when it comes in. Of course, I have to also ensure the financing is a good percent.

In this age, when you purchase a build, they should also give you an ID PW etc, so you can just go on line to get your own order tracking. Such a simple application, but it cost $ i suppose.

Edited by makemystang

Yes.

In the plants, vehicle movement throught the line is tracked through the build process. "Bucking" is in a sense the true birth of your vehicle, up until then ANY body shell (depending on style like coupe vs 'vert, sunroof/no sunroof) could be yours.

The vehicle from there on is built as per the order. Paint build, pre-trim, trim, chassis, final assembly, inspection, any repairs, during all that time the vehicle is being tracked.

If I have my sources correct, the official "produced date" is when it rolls off the end of the line. In a way, birth is bucking, where it rolls off the line is like graduating high school.

Which brings me to this:

I cannot understand what the big deal is in FMC giving us information after all, one does need to plan. I am trying to plan a few business trips that I need to take, going out of town (flying) and pick up my pony when it comes in. Of course, I have to also ensure the financing is a good percent.

In this age, when you purchase a build, they should also give you an ID PW etc, so you can just go on line to get your own order tracking. Such a simple application, but it cost $ i suppose.

Unfortunately, sometimes too much information is not a good thing from a business standpoint.

People are funny. If you peruse the threads in this section, you'll see all sorts of people, some more patient than others. Fact of life: Some vehicles need to be repaired in-plant. Every manufacturer does this (yes, even Toyota; my neighbour across the street works in body repair for the Toyota plant in Cambridge).

So when a customer sees "Repair Hold" for their vehicle status, some would freak. Sometimes it's better not to know.

Edited by OAC_Sparky

When you called the CSC, did they ask you if you worked for the dealer or any questions that one might not know the answer. I assume you meant the CSC that has the same number as the ERL but take the "analyst" route.

No; Customer Service is a different phone number manly meant for people who actually already have their cars. The phone number is in this thread somewhere. I just have it on speed dial now, so I don't remember what it is. I have only taken the analyst route twice and I feel I only barely got away with not being "found out"...

Thanks for dropping in Sparky...

People are funny. If you peruse the threads in this section, you'll see all sorts of people, some more patient than others. Fact of life: Some vehicles need to be repaired in-plant. Every manufacturer does this (yes, even Toyota;

Yes, my brother would tell you the same thing even if their process is different. Speaking of Toyota, there was an article on my brother in the San Antonio paper today.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/sto...son.d48b83.html

No; Customer Service is a different phone number manly meant for people who actually already have their cars. The phone number is in this thread somewhere. I just have it on speed dial now, so I don't remember what it is. I have only taken the analyst route twice and I feel I only barely got away with not being "found out"...

I believe I have found the CSC number in post # 66

""" customer service (800-392-3673) """

:runaway: I will first try the ERL tomorrow to see if there is any updates, :shrug: if not I'll try the above CSC.

What info do they request from you? VIN? Order No. etc.............

Thanks

I believe I have found the CSC number in post # 66

""" customer service (800-392-3673) """

:runaway: I will first try the ERL tomorrow to see if there is any updates, :shrug: if not I'll try the above CSC.

What info do they request from you? VIN? Order No. etc.............

Thanks

Customer Service can look up either, but they prefer a VIN...It takes longer to navigate their prompts too...

One thing that I wanted to tell anyone hanging out here, that there are a couple of other Mustang forums out there which are a lot more active than this one. I wish that I knew about these other forums and the kind of information being shared out there. Most of you are on the other forums, but I think that some of you are not. My favorite forums besides this one is TheMustangSource.com and Stangsunleashed.com

Some interesting information posted in those other forums that you might not be aware of:

o There is a parts supplier in CA willing to sell you the engine cover (Ford seems to not be able to get them in stock in most parts departments) featured in the GT appearance package.

o There is an issue with the AC knobs in the '07 models in that you cannot remove them to replace them with aftermarket billet knobs

o There is a dealer (ISELLFORD) out there who will do your X plan order (or any order $98 over invoice) and drop ship the car to your dealer

o Street Scene has released a wicked cool eyeball grill insert which completely matches the style and form and install points of the stock grill.

o There is a weight issue with the Shelby Verts with the Shaker 1000 which might result in no verts being made with the 1000.

Anyway, you get my point...My point is that I don't want you to limit your experience to blueoval forums. I wish that I had seen these forums before I ordered. I would have avoided some mistakes in my order. If I had to do it over again, I would have removed the GT appearance package and put on the engine cover and the exhaust tips after market and I would have added the 3.55 Axle...I also might have went for some of the color combinations now offered, but you have to hunt down the pictures which are just now starting to surface to sort through what Ford has done to the color options...

Flash Update: ERL came through for me today (that Thursday thing) and stated that the unit has been released and she was kind enough to move up my delivery date. I guess I will believe that when I see it..

Wow......... :happy feet: good deal for you on the "ERL Move Up ETA Date" report. Glad to hear your unit is rolling down the line. Guess you need to buy that box of cigars.

ERL for me today is still the same. the same old "as of 7/18/06 your unit is scheduled to be built the week of 7/17/06 with an eta week of 8/3/06".

:shrug: I wonder if there is a delay on mine, or do they just update status' randomly, or they ran out of Wheels, or brake discs.

I did order the GT appearance, 18" Bullitt Polish wheels (64W), and the 3.55 rear, and cloth top. Guess I will try CSC.

*** UPDATE ***

Just called CSC and they :cry: cannot tell if the vehicle is built, (they say the data is not screen displayed) or is even on the line, all they had is that it is scheduled to be built on the week of 7/17/06 and scheduled to be delivered 8/10/2006.

The ERL states delivery 8/3 and CSC states 8/10. Sounds like they are not sharing to the same data bases.

At least the VIN is alive and well, and had all the dealer info correct. Hopefully by her bringing up the order record might trigger some updated request information on the ERL (but I doubt it).

Edited by makemystang

Shipped! Wholly crap, I called the ERL this AM just for the heck of it and she states that it was shipped on the 19th! I guess that parking lot queue must have emptied out over the two week holiday...

I guess I better get me some financing... :bandance:

:bandance: GREAT GREAT FANTASTIC news to you. You'll be riding nice soon, push that little button and run with that top down. PICS when you get it.

I guess that the ERL might get updates daily on approved / accepted orders, and updates on Thursdays for new orders / and orders that had option changes.

I called this ERL this morning also, still the same message, now I know it by heart........

"your unit is is scheduled :blah: 7-18-06, week of :blah: 7/17/06 ..... with ETA :blah: 8/3/06".

:shrug: Heck never heard the :doh: LOCKED IN yet. :titanic:

I'll give it a call again this evening.

Edited by makemystang

I called this ERL this morning also, still the same message, now I know it by heart........

"your unit is is scheduled :blah: 7-18-06, week of :blah: 7/17/06 ..... with ETA :blah: 8/3/06".

:shrug: Heck never heard the :doh: LOCKED IN yet. :titanic:

I think that I would call Customer Service at this point. I am going off to call an analyst and see if I can get a railcar number...Got to write my script first...

Update: got the railcar number. Now what? I guess I got some reading to do tonight...

Edited by flashfearless