2011 Ranger

gafry

Ranger production ends in 2011. There will be a restyled ranger for 2012

but it won't be made in the Twin Cities.

I would be satisfied with a new Ranger engine that gets good milage , the EPA numbers for A RANGER are real sad when a f 150 that weighs 2000 pounds more goes as far on a gallon of gas . I used to drive F-150's until they made them in to a 3/4 ton , I switched to a ranger but the milage is no better than a full size . I would like a old size f 150 back or a ranger that burns a lot less gas . My old F-150 was 4600 pounds the new ones are well over 6000. Come on Ford Were is the full size truck that don't weigh 6000 pounds, You have left the origanal F 150 buyers with out a truck .

• 1 month later...
My next vehicle will be a ranger if it gets a turbo four.

So we have two choices?

1. Buy from an American company made out of the country

2. Buy from a non American company who builds here.

What is your choice to keep America working??????????

So we have two choices?

I'd rather hire American engineers than American screw-pushers in factories with outdated production models based on a labor system where the expense and hassle of firing an employee determines how much human labor goes into a task, rather than efficiency, quality, durability, reliability, and cost.

If it weren't for the UAW, we'd have automated factories as efficient as any in Japan, and we wouldn't have to deal with all this outsourcing shit.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

So we have two choices?

I'm a Ford fan and as long as money from a global company is going to its American headquarters where there are still plenty of engineers working in America, I'm fine. Screw UAW and their inflated sense of self-worth. If you want a job realize you're making a pretty damn good living bolting in a few parts or lifting a piece of sheet metal for $18/hour.

• 4 months later...

don't expect a new Ranger anytime soon...

US version will be couple of years if not more after release of global T6.

latest rumor says the Ranger will not be replaced but new engines in F150will be more fuel efficient.

I for one will buy non American if that is the case. My 1995 Ranger w/4 liter V6 got 24 mpg constantly. was comfortable dependable and made a good tow veicle and was easy to park in tight spots. Can't see my self towing an F150 behind a Class C motorhome so when time to replace our commute vehicle (a 2001ZX-3 Focus with 90 K on the clock now) will have to look at Nissan or any others that offer small pick-ups. Seems Ford is still bent on shooting itself in the foot.

Already have a big PU a 2000 F350 diesel Dually crew cab with only 49K on it, which we use for hauling hay and horses and all the heavy work around here. Barely broken in and runs like a top. Why would I want another full size PU. Guess I could always tow the motorhome with the dually! Nah...........

If they do not offer one in a year or two, I will have to buy foreign. Have always had Fords since the 60s and never a foreign car, guess it is time to go looking elsewhere.

Sad situation for me.

Edited by Vaquero28

latest rumor says the Ranger will not be replaced but new engines in F150will be more fuel efficient.

I for one will buy non American if that is the case. My 1995 Ranger w/4 liter V6 got 24 mpg constantly. was comfortable dependable and made a good tow veicle and was easy to park in tight spots. Can't see my self towing an F150 behind a Class C motorhome so when time to replace our commute vehicle (a 2001ZX-3 Focus with 90 K on the clock now) will have to look at Nissan or any others that offer small pick-ups. Seems Ford is still bent on shooting itself in the foot.

Already have a big PU a 2000 F350 diesel Dually crew cab with only 49K on it, which we use for hauling hay and horses and all the heavy work around here. Barely broken in and runs like a top. Why would I want another full size PU. Guess I could always tow the motorhome with the dually! Nah...........

If they do not offer one in a year or two, I will have to buy foreign. Have always had Fords since the 60s and never a foreign car, guess it is time to go looking elsewhere.

Sad situation for me.

Don't give up yet, Ford has reversed their plans twice before. The latest rumor is that they are reconsidering the T6. If when facts are issued, be sure someone here will post them.

I wonder if Ford is concerned that a new updated, attractive, fuel efficient Ranger would steal F-150 truck sales. Ford loves to toot their horns about F-150 being the best truck and leader in sales for years. IF they lost enough F-150 sales they might loose their bragging rights to Silverado in the future. Any thoughts???

I wonder if Ford is concerned that a new updated, attractive, fuel efficient Ranger would steal F-150 truck sales. Ford loves to toot their horns about F-150 being the best truck and leader in sales for years. IF they lost enough F-150 sales they might loose their bragging rights to Silverado in the future. Any thoughts???

Why should they mind if a well designed Ranger sells well. I doubt that the F 150 would be affected since a small truck serves a different purposes than an full size truck. Secondly, isn't it a bit myopic to still insist that bigger is better when a smaller vehicle with efficient engines and decent mileage makes more sense in today's world economic climate. Gas prices will never reach less than two bucks a gallon again and will most likely go up substantially. I cannot believe Ford will shoot themselves in the foot once again by cancelling a vehicle that serves a sizeable niche with a growing demand. Smacks of the Nasser years once again.

A small useful truck, comfortable to drive and with a good ride, well designed and built-in quality will sell well.

Edited by Vaquero28

I totally agree with you. But there are people who buy the new F-150 who would have bought an updated Ranger. That was my main point. Also, I know a salesman at one of the Ford Dealerships and when I mentioned to him about a new Ranger you want to know what he said to me. Why would you want a Ranger when I can put you in an F-150 for close to the same price. So I wonder how many other salesmen are saying the same thing to the customers.

Why should they mind if a well designed Ranger sells well. I doubt that the F 150 would be affected since a small truck serves a different purposes than an full size truck. Secondly, isn't it a bit myopic to still insist that bigger is better when a smaller vehicle with efficient engines and decent mileage makes more sense in today's world economic climate. Gas prices will never reach less than two bucks a gallon again and will most likely go up substantially. I cannot believe Ford will shoot themselves in the foot once again by cancelling a vehicle that serves a sizeable niche with a growing demand. Smacks of the Nasser years once again.

A small useful truck, comfortable to drive and with a good ride, well designed and built-in quality will sell well.

Agreed!

• 2 weeks later...

The Ranger I see is a completely new unit with progressive coil springs and compensating reservoir shocks for a good ride but with decent load carrying capability and High-strength steel for strength without bulk, comfortable cabin with no nonsense purpose built interiors. Fuel efficient engines and a four seat option. Current size is nearly perfect although personally would prefer it a tad smaller in all dimensions except width for stability.

In simple terms , a rugged little truck with comfort and capability and affordable. However, a vehicle designed for people by engineers and not accountants.

I totally agree with you. But there are people who buy the new F-150 who would have bought an updated Ranger. That was my main point. Also, I know a salesman at one of the Ford Dealerships and when I mentioned to him about a new Ranger you want to know what he said to me. Why would you want a Ranger when I can put you in an F-150 for close to the same price. So I wonder how many other salesmen are saying the same thing to the customers.

And when you see the gas mileage of them, their actually the same. So WHY get the ranger? I noticed this just last week.

• 1 month later...

And when you see the gas mileage of them, their actually the same. So WHY get the ranger? I noticed this just last week.

Its the same "FORD SYNDROME" that I have talked about in one of my prior posts. Its called "Letting it die on the vine". For some reason Ford seems to take some of its cash cows and better ideas and just milking them till they get every last penny out of it. This is a good thing as long as you put some investment back into that product and evolve it with the times. Ford has done this repeatedly with products such as the Econoline, Ranger, Crown Vic, Lincoln LS, the whole mini-van thing and other products without putting a dime back into their respective programs. Its too bad Mulally did'nt get here sooner and maybe he could have saved some of these other product lines. Wouldn't a 25 - 30 mpg Crown Vic sell? (tough as nails, cop fleets and taxi's would be beating down the door). How about a 30-35 mpg Ranger? all of this while NOT sacrificing the most beloved traits of these units. How about an Eco-Boost Econoline that would get 20+ mpg on the highway while taking a family of 7 or 8 on vacation? Just my 2 pennies worth.

Its the same "FORD SYNDROME" that I have talked about in one of my prior posts. Its called "Letting it die on the vine". For some reason Ford seems to take some of its cash cows and better ideas and just milking them till they get every last penny out of it. This is a good thing as long as you put some investment back into that product and evolve it with the times. Ford has done this repeatedly with products such as the Econoline, Ranger, Crown Vic, Lincoln LS, the whole mini-van thing and other products without putting a dime back into their respective programs. Its too bad Mulally did'nt get here sooner and maybe he could have saved some of these other product lines. Wouldn't a 25 - 30 mpg Crown Vic sell? (tough as nails, cop fleets and taxi's would be beating down the door). How about a 30-35 mpg Ranger? all of this while NOT sacrificing the most beloved traits of these units. How about an Eco-Boost Econoline that would get 20+ mpg on the highway while taking a family of 7 or 8 on vacation? Just my 2 pennies worth.

I guess a Ranchero based on the Fusion would be too costly? You've already got AWD available. I love my '02 Ranger but the F-Series is just too big for my needs.