Midsize Low Speed Bumper Tests

Who cares who is right in court when someone ends up dead. I don't get why who is right or wrong in the eyes of the law has anything to do with safe driving.

But the point is, he WAS driving safe. I don't think driving 15-20 in those situations would be considered unsafe, unless the speed limit was < 15. I mean come on, tell us what he could have done to avoid the wreck other than stopping at every driveway, or honking his horn at every driveway.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But the point is, he WAS driving safe. I don't think driving 15-20 in those situations would be considered unsafe, unless the speed limit was < 15. I mean come on, tell us what he could have done to avoid the wreck other than stopping at every driveway, or honking his horn at every driveway.

Since the end result at 15-20 mph was a crash, then it is an unsafe speed for the conditions.

If you have to honk, drive 2 mph or whatever you have to do, then you have to do it. Or how about stay home if you aren't willing to do what needs to be done. Stop gambling.

You can't solely blame little johnny if you didn't do everything possible to avoid the crash.

Since the end result at 15-20 mph was a crash, then it is an unsafe speed for the conditions.

If you have to honk, drive 2 mph or whatever you have to do, then you have to do it. Or how about stay home if you aren't willing to do what needs to be done. Stop gambling.

You can't solely blame little johnny if you didn't do everything possible to avoid the crash.

Well then I guess we should all just destroy our cars and never leave our house.

I agree that we should be safe and take steps to avoid accidents, but you have to use common sense. You sound like some engineers I went to school with in college. Extremely book smart, but heaven forbid they have to actually use a little common sense and realize that reality isn't the same as theory.

So, not only is he supposed to stop and honk his horn at every driveway at 10PM in a RESIDENTIAL neighborhood where people are SLEEPING :boring: , but now you expect him to drive 2 mph around town because someone might back out of their driveway too quickly in those conditions and hit him?

He was already going below the speed limit. Little Johnny should've backed out more slowly in those conditions if he couldn't see around/over the snow.

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Oh man....you have risen to the truly amusing with your spew ......

Life itself is a gamble, I guess everyone needs to stop living so we don't ever risk a chance to be involved in an accident that was our own fault anyway since we dared to venture out into the mean streets in direct violation of the "judgment" of aggoodin aka Judge Dredd

PS...I 'fixed' your name in the quote.... :hysterical: ...and uploaded a new avatar for your use

post-25287-1250243530_thumb.jpg

Oh man....you have risen to the truly amusing with your spew ......

Life itself is a gamble, I guess everyone needs to stop living so we don't ever risk a chance to be involved in an accident that was our own fault anyway since we dared to venture out into the mean streets in direct violation of the "judgment" of aggoodin aka Judge Dredd

PS...I 'fixed' your name in the quote.... :hysterical: ...and uploaded a new avatar for your use

post-25287-1250243530_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry you don't get it. Hopefully you will some day and until that time I hope you don't have a more serious incident. I'm done talking about it.

I'm sorry you don't get it. Hopefully you will some day and until that time I hope you don't have a more serious incident. I'm done talking about it.

Somehow I don't think you are...but once again.....you are wrong...and you stating you are done talking about it pretty much sums up what I and others already know....you are raising a white flag of surrender because your argument is as flawed as your "judgments" are....

Somehow I don't think you are...but once again.....you are wrong...and you stating you are done talking about it pretty much sums up what I and others already know....you are raising a white flag of surrender because your argument is as flawed as your "judgments" are....

+1

With all the people that read the thread I would think there would be more people blowing me up if I was wrong. I would tell you where this all comes from but I'm not going to risk the backlash to the company from a few internet tough guys that think they are exceptional.

With all the people that read the thread I would think there would be more people blowing me up if I was wrong.

Well, I know I got bored with this thread long before this argument started, so if anyone else is like me.....(although I did respond 1 or 2 times).

With all the people that read the thread I would think there would be more people blowing me up if I was wrong. I would tell you where this all comes from but I'm not going to risk the backlash to the company from a few internet tough guys that think they are exceptional.

::sound of explosion::

You're wrong. :finger:

::sound of explosion::

You're wrong. :finger:

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. I am wrong that legality of actions absolves you of all personal responsibility.

I'll go try that concept soon. The next time someone steps out of the cross walk on me at Target (jaywalker!) I'm going to run them over at or below the speed limit and then dance on their corpse declaring that when we go to court I am right and they are wrong.

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. I am wrong that legality of actions absolves you of all personal responsibility.

I'll go try that concept soon. The next time someone steps out of the cross walk on me at Target (jaywalker!) I'm going to run them over at or below the speed limit and then dance on their corpse declaring that when we go to court I am right and they are wrong.

Oddly enough, we have that happen here all the time. People walk into the street without a crosswalk, get hit, sometimes killed. And unless the drivers were speeding, or driving recklessly, they don't get charged with anything. It's sad for those who carelessly wander into the street, but actions have consequences.

Do you not understand that he was already taking precautions to prevent an accident? It's not his fault the kid (who am I calling a kid? LOL) backed into him.....the kid probably didn't even attempt to look when he was backing out.....the probably just figured "oh it's 10:30, nobody's gonna be driving by, I'll back out and be fine." Obviously not...

Oh, and I'd believe PREMiERdrum's last post.....he works for a TV News station, so he'll hear about all sorts of accidents.

Oh, and I'd believe PREMiERdrum's last post.....he works for a TV News station, so he'll hear about all sorts of accidents.

Here are just a few examples from our website...

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/sto...ian_struck.html

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/sto...ian_struck.html

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/sto...pedestrian.html

And, by aggoodin's reasoning, this pedestrian is partially responsible for being killed when a drunk driver drove his Windstar up onto the sidewalk and hit him.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/sto.../31/pedhit.html

:finger:

Do you not understand that he was already taking precautions to prevent an accident? It's not his fault the kid (who am I calling a kid? LOL) backed into him.....the kid probably didn't even attempt to look when he was backing out.....the probably just figured "oh it's 10:30, nobody's gonna be driving by, I'll back out and be fine." Obviously not...

What about "I can't hardly see. I think I'm driving within the limitations of the situation. Can I see up the driveway, can they see me, do they know I'm here? Sort of, not really, I don't know, but I'll just drive under the speed limit and.... Oh shit someone just backed into me."

Obviously not taking the situation too seriously.

I can fire back endlessly why there should be some responsibility taken by the driver hit in this situation. I believe in this type of accident analysis it to my very bones, it prevents future and more tragic incidents. I have debated avoidability and necessary caution for years with way too many people over way too many situations to let this go no fault/responsibility.

We have been strictly talking about the person operating the vehicle.

Can't have it both ways. You're saying twintornadoes is partially to blame when he was operating below the posted speed limit, and someone illegally backed out of their driveway, despite having zero visibility due to snowbanks, and caused an accident.

So, even by your own admission, at least most of the responsibility belongs to the kid (hereon will be known as "at fault driver"), therefore leaving a minority responsibility to twin (hereon know as "victim.").

So let's apply your reasoning to the article I mentioned. The at fault driver was also operating his vehicle in an illegal manner, performed an illegal operation and struck the victim. Your reasoning tells me that the victim should have been aware of the dangerous condition (late at night, lit by streetlight, but not daylight, higher percentage of drunk drivers on the road) and taken necessary precautions (taking a less travelled route, wearing reflective clothing).

What about "I can't hardly see. I think I'm driving within the limitations of the situation. Can I see up the driveway, can they see me, do they know I'm here? Sort of, not really, I don't know, but I'll just drive under the speed limit and.... Oh shit someone just backed into me."

Obviously not taking the situation too seriously.

I can fire back endlessly why there should be some responsibility taken by the driver hit in this situation. I believe in this type of accident analysis it to my very bones, it prevents future and more tragic incidents. I have debated avoidability and necessary caution for years with way too many people over way too many situations to let this go no fault/responsibility.

Well, I guess we'll just have to all drive 5 mph, and honk our horns at every driveway at 10:30 at night in residential neighborhoods if we can't see other cars backing out of driveways illegally without having a clear view of the road. Better yet, let's all stay home and/or not drive at night.

Owned!!!!!

I knew you couldn't resist....you have just joined the ranks of the great MLHM5, P71_Crown Vic, and several other luminaries here on Blue Oval News as forum jester

Edited by twintornados

I've tried as hard as I can over the internet. You guys are just going to have to get by on luck alone I guess and wear your fingers out pointing at everyone but yourself.

Forum jester? What are you guys talking about? This shit isn't a joke, I'm pretty sure I have conveyed myself as dead serious and you are the ones dragging pedestrians hit by drunk drivers into it and calling me a fool.

Edited by aggoodin