Michigan Truck Ex-committee still on rolls with seniority transfered out

Look, Michigan Truck Plant had a major reduction in force and everyone except trades and a few committee people were left in the building. Why? The language is clear on who has the right to stay. Heck the language is clear on how many people are to be on rolls before a rep is added. Greg Poet and the trades people are the only one at should have been left standing until the last man exits. Why was people with over 30 years of seniority transferred to other facilities and Beth Craig 93 seniority, Jody Caruana 95 seniority, Larry Shook 95 seniority - standard rep., Pam Swope 90 seniority = benefit rep., Andre Green 95 seniority quality rep., Rob Taylor 88 seniority - just helping in safety still in the building. Why did they keep their classifications, and higher pay rate when over 200 plus people had higher seniority than them?

Edited by secretsocietyclub101

What's your senority SS? And did you work @ MTP? If you listen to Stockdale and the rest of the union @ Wayne they will tell you MTP is closed. But the way I see it is if we still have people working there and union representation @ MTP (MAP) then the plant isn't closed just idled. :shades:

Edited by MTP'er

What's your senority SS? And did you work @ MTP? If you listen to Stockdale and the rest of the union @ Wayne they will tell you MTP is closed. But the way I see it is if we still have people working there and union representation @ MTP (MAP) then the plant isn't closed just idled. :shades:

it should be closed, product is gone.. retooling is for new focus. Waynes product.

If that committee is there when the plant opens it will not be Wayne's product. Thats when the big union fiasco will start. Poet and them can argue the plant never closed, only idled for retooling and their argument will hold because the will show they never left.

it should be closed, product is gone.. retooling is for new focus. Waynes product.

Wixom...thats closed, Atlanta...thats closed...New Jersey,closed.

When they close your plant it either gets padlocked or demolished. 38303 Michigan Ave is still there and open, being re-tooled and awaiting a line of c-car platform products that will be launched there over the next few years, this is because of the MTP UAW committees foresight, negotiated a COA, and also a new flexible body shop ,making it a plant Ford could not afford not to do business with. I see quite a few vehicles there on my way to work in the morning for a "closed" plant. Ford Motor Company just recently had a news conference in the "closed" plant on May 6th with Gov. Granholm stating the plant is "idled" and used the phrase "re-tooling".

http://www.autotrends.org/ford-spends-mill...an-truck-plant/

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/20...af258100096.txt

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2009/05...next-focus.html

this is no different than when MTP re-tooled to go from F-150 to SUVS in 96, or when DAP went to DTP and took the F-150 and shipped off the mustang off to AAI, or LAP going from building explorer to c-cars. the only real difference in these other cases is politics. But on a positive note, an estimated 3,200 jobs will be created in Michigan because of the plant conversion.

Edited by biggtone

Its not an issue of following the product but having recall rights to previous held classifications and jobs that we held @ MTP (MAP). That's the big argument. When we (MTP) went to Wayne we just got throwen in to the mix with no regaurds to jobs, classifications or senority we had (except skilled trades). The big argument is if its closed then everybody slides from Wayne to MAP with the same job they are doing now. But if its just idled then the people from MTP should get there old jobs back and Wayne gets throwen in to the mix and gets whats available just like what happen to MTP's people.

Edited by MTP'er

But if its just idled then the people from MTP should get there old jobs back and Wayne gets throwen in to the mix and gets whats available just like what happen to MTP's people.

Thats why I'm suprised Pet and them are still there. It makes me wonder if the jockeying for union office spots has already started. If Poet and them are there when the plant opens then at the least all jobs will probably be posted if not MTP people get their classifications back. If they are gone and Bill and company take office then everyone will come over as they are now. This is just my opinion and have no factual basis for this logic. It should be real interesting to see it play out

But if its just idled then the people from MTP should get there old jobs back and Wayne gets throwen in to the mix and gets whats available just like what happen to MTP's people.

Thats why I'm suprised Pet and them are still there. It makes me wonder if the jockeying for union office spots has already started. If Poet and them are there when the plant opens then at the least all jobs will probably be posted if not MTP people get their classifications back. If they are gone and Bill and company take office then everyone will come over as they are now. This is just my opinion and have no factual basis for this logic. It should be real interesting to see it play out

well in 2011 we will be voting on who we believe can best represent our future at this location...

If that committee is there when the plant opens it will not be Wayne's product. Thats when the big union fiasco will start. Poet and them can argue the plant never closed, only idled for retooling and their argument will hold because the will show they never left.

You need to check what happened at Ohio Assembly.The only certainty is that the International will not go by the book.They will violate the contract,the constitution and your by-laws and then try to convince you that they are doing you a favor.WATCH YOUR BACK!

You need to check what happened at Ohio Assembly.The only certainty is that the International will not go by the book.They will violate the contract,the constitution and your by-laws and then try to convince you that they are doing you a favor.WATCH YOUR BACK!

Spring needs to explain this one..on FFF if necessary

well in 2011 we will be voting on who we believe can best represent our future at this location...

It would seem poet and company are doing well for themselves so far...I'm sure there is more self representation to come, maybe even a new vehicle display. Shoookin all over.....

Spring needs to explain this one..on FFF if necessary

What would anyone like to know? That you're going to get screwed? That's a given! We've been waiting for this to happen..... If anyone would like any insight as to what to do regarding this situation, please contact me. My suggestion is that you go to the website for the public review board and start there. Take a look at the case regarding OHAP. The public review board freely admitted that the International was wrong in what they did. The International denied the rights of the members of Unit 2 and compromised the rights of the people of Lorain. The Constitution of the UAW and your local by-laws mean nothing to them! They think they are above all of that! I pull out the paperwork and post it on Ford Fanatic as soon as possible. You have no idea of what you're in for!

What would anyone like to know? That you're going to get screwed? That's a given! We've been waiting for this to happen..... If anyone would like any insight as to what to do regarding this situation, please contact me. My suggestion is that you go to the website for the public review board and start there. Take a look at the case regarding OHAP. The public review board freely admitted that the International was wrong in what they did. The International denied the rights of the members of Unit 2 and compromised the rights of the people of Lorain. The Constitution of the UAW and your local by-laws mean nothing to them! They think they are above all of that! I pull out the paperwork and post it on Ford Fanatic as soon as possible. You have no idea of what you're in for!

these are the stupid rules the union has to get rid of... should go by seniority.. case closed.. NO exceptions..NONE...or if u do break the rules then u and anyone involved is immediately fired NO chance of rehired either...

And you can bet that ALL of the truckers will be voting as one. No more green slate, it's now the truck slate. :stirpot:

Why would you want to vote the Green Slate out, look what your Reps. did over there, they gave the farm away and yet your plant closed (ya vote them guys in again great idea). This is my third plant and i can tell you honestly this has been the best representation I have ever seen. I see my comm man everyday. Any time I go upstairs the barg team and chairman are always up there and very thorough. I commend Bill Johnson for taking a hard line against the COA, he caught alot of flack and it was a tough decision, but his years of experiance and connections downtown has paid off mightily, for WAP and soon to be MAP. The only Chairman who would NOT negotiate a COA until we got promised a vehicle, Well Done Bill. It is not truckers vs wayne anymore we are all one team now. Dont just hate to hate.

Why would you want to vote the Green Slate out, look what your Reps. did over there, they gave the farm away and yet your plant closed (ya vote them guys in again great idea). This is my third plant and i can tell you honestly this has been the best representation I have ever seen. I see my comm man everyday. Any time I go upstairs the barg team and chairman are always up there and very thorough. I commend Bill Johnson for taking a hard line against the COA, he caught alot of flack and it was a tough decision, but his years of experiance and connections downtown has paid off mightily, for WAP and soon to be MAP. The only Chairman who would NOT negotiate a COA until we got promised a vehicle, Well Done Bill. It is not truckers vs wayne anymore we are all one team now. Dont just hate to hate.

Go Team! What a dork. Cover your Own Ass COA Just like everybody fighting for the same job. I see a bum on the side of the road everyday also. Is he doing a good job just cause I see him? Nobody looks good in times like this. They all look greedy. You want your pals to run it so you can keep the same job next door.Contract has nothing to do with what you said. It's not the same product if it is in two buildings at the same time. Just go back to doing what you are good at and quit trying to make your team the winner. Or even better lets get rid of everyone have a new election and the best man gets it. Then if you have been doing your job you get to keep your job. And let the voters pick the best one. Now lets all sing a round of Solidarity Forever GO TEAM Dork