SCAB

what is your definition? here is mine: A nickname for a workman who engages for lower wages than are fixed by the trades unions.

Would you consider this disrespectfull?

Would calling someone a scab be enough for disapinary action?

How about if they are doing your work and you catch them?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is your definition? here is mine: A nickname for a workman who engages for lower wages than are fixed by the trades unions.

Would you consider this disrespectfull?

Would calling someone a scab be enough for disapinary action?

How about if they are doing your work and you catch them?

Let's see

Scab: A person who is willing to work. A person who is willing to carry himself. A person who will always be employed.

How can it be disrespectfull if he works your job when you won't? If your dumb ass can't see that what you're being paid for a job that's being done in 3rd world countries by people who can't read is better then you're going to get anywhere else then maybe you should have someone watch you while you sleep to make sure you keep breathing.

Let's see

Scab: A person who is willing to work. A person who is willing to carry himself. A person who will always be employed.

How can it be disrespectfull if he works your job when you won't? If your dumb ass can't see that what you're being paid for a job that's being done in 3rd world countries by people who can't read is better then you're going to get anywhere else then maybe you should have someone watch you while you sleep to make sure you keep breathing.

davdog,

Cmon dav, don't go there!!!!! Don't irritate all the union workers; many work hard for their money and want deadbeats out just as much as the next person, and we are not few and far between.......at least at The Ford Motor Company.

I have read many of your posts, and that last one was beneath you.

davdog,

Cmon dav, don't go there!!!!! Don't irritate all the union workers; many work hard for their money and want deadbeats out just as much as the next person, and we are not few and far between.......at least at The Ford Motor Company.

It's tough not to be disrespectful in that situation. In the current situation with people losing their jobs in the auto industry is anyone keeping track of what these former auto workers are now doing for jobs and what they are getting paid? Before someone boldly puts down a person willing to do your job for less maybe someone ought to see what former UAW members are now doing.

Someone knows the definition of "troll", that's for sure.

My def - - a nickname for a union member that doesn't tow the party line during a strike.

I knew of people that did others jobs all the time as long as it was beneficial to them. I don't think they would have considered themselves scabs.

What if they worked for the same or higher wage during an authorized strike? Do you call them scabs or something else?

Let's see

SCAB+ ASSHOLE = DAVDOG

Well we can all see that Dave doesn't even understand the union concept, he is the type that would sell his mother out to help himself out to keep his sorry ass working. When an FPS cordinator is doing skilled trades work and just "trying to help out" they are scabs by definition. Just because they make more money than their conterparts on the line they still do not make they money of a tradesman. So everytime a call comes in that something is broken and before a tradesman can respond to the call and they cancel the call saying "we got it" just who got it? If it isn't a tradesman it usally is the scab.

yup, but you can't dispute what I wrote.

scab ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skb)

n.

A crust discharged from and covering a healing wound.

Scabies or mange in domestic animals or livestock, especially sheep.

Any of various plant diseases caused by fungi or bacteria and resulting in crustlike spots on fruit, leaves, or roots.

The spots caused by such a disease.

Slang. A person regarded as contemptible.

A worker who refuses membership in a labor union.

An employee who works while others are on strike; a strikebreaker.

A person hired to replace a striking worker.

intr.v. scabbed, scab·bing, scabs

To become covered with scabs or a scab.

To work or take a job as a scab.

It seems to me that someone could make a case against what you wrote. Although the dictionary falls short of completely agreeing with the original poster it does come far closer to his definition than anything I have seen you state.

Well we can all see that Dave doesn't even understand the union concept, he is the type that would sell his mother out to help himself out to keep his sorry ass working. When an FPS cordinator is doing skilled trades work and just "trying to help out" they are scabs by definition. Just because they make more money than their conterparts on the line they still do not make they money of a tradesman. So everytime a call comes in that something is broken and before a tradesman can respond to the call and they cancel the call saying "we got it" just who got it? If it isn't a tradesman it usally is the scab.

That is one of the many things that is f'd up with your union. The job in the case you describe could of, and was, fixed by someone else in the course of doing their own job. BUT in the uaw way you're supposed to stop working and wait for someone else to come and fix the issue. That's one of the many many reasons why the uaw is dying.

davdog,

union workers are spoiled brats, at least alot of them. :blah: :blah:

SCAB+ ASSHOLE = DAVDOG

BIGMOUTH THINKS HE KNOWS IT ALL + ASSHOLE + ANIMAL FUCKING + DICK SUCKING=DARK270 :kissass:

union workers are spoiled brats, at least alot of them. :blah: :blah:

BIGMOUTH THINKS HE KNOWS IT ALL + ASSHOLE + ANIMAL FUCKING + DICK SUCKING=DARK270 :kissass:

no i didn't say i knew it all...you are the one that proclaims to 'know it all'

but really you are some punk 15 yr. old who doesn't know DICK from pussy

maybe someday you'll grow up......

but i dont think so......

:finger:

It will be interesting to see the next contract on the issue of "lines of demarcation". This is an area that will probably dissapear in favor of a more "team oriented" approach with skilled trades, WGL, and management working more in tandem as opposed to an "us vs them" mentality.

In my own zone @ NAP it is just too damn big, 2 floors, 22 people without skilled trades and 3 differnt start times. They have taken all my extra floor help away so out of sheer need we have kind of evolved to an understanding where if I can get to a line stop, or limit switch stop, or reader fault and I just have to reset it I do while if something happens when Im doing bathroom relief and I just can't get to it then most of the time the electricians usually don't have a problem helping even though its technically not their job.

I guess the motivation now for awhile is that it is such a shithole to work in that everybody just wants to get in, get the number, and get out asap.

It really comes down to relationships between various skilled trades, between internal plant customers; i.e. sealer/ecoat to prime scuff or out in trim. If nobody likes each other and are hardasses about holding the lines of demarcation then yes the line will just stop until the correct tradesman shows up but if everyone sees that is it to their mutual benefit to work together towards an easier, smoother, shift then they do.

Its really all about forming good relationships with other key people....it make life at Ford alot easier !

SCAB -

The things I awoke to find scattered all over my penis after that crazy night with the Puerto Rican transvestite hooker.

I was gonna wear a condom, but I figured what the hell - when's the next time I'll ever be in Haiti?

It will be interesting to see the next contract on the issue of "lines of demarcation". This is an area that will probably dissapear in favor of a more "team oriented" approach with skilled trades, WGL, and management working more in tandem as opposed to an "us vs them" mentality.

In my own zone @ NAP it is just too damn big, 2 floors, 22 people without skilled trades and 3 differnt start times. They have taken all my extra floor help away so out of sheer need we have kind of evolved to an understanding where if I can get to a line stop, or limit switch stop, or reader fault and I just have to reset it I do while if something happens when Im doing bathroom relief and I just can't get to it then most of the time the electricians usually don't have a problem helping even though its technically not their job.

I guess the motivation now for awhile is that it is such a shithole to work in that everybody just wants to get in, get the number, and get out asap.

It really comes down to relationships between various skilled trades, between internal plant customers; i.e. sealer/ecoat to prime scuff or out in trim. If nobody likes each other and are hardasses about holding the lines of demarcation then yes the line will just stop until the correct tradesman shows up but if everyone sees that is it to their mutual benefit to work together towards an easier, smoother, shift then they do.

Its really all about forming good relationships with other key people....it make life at Ford alot easier !

I agree but what starts out as simple resets has started to blossom into getting ladders and trying to work themselves or opening electrical panels tring to reset faults. When and I mean WHEN one of these unqualified employees get hurt or even worse killed what do you think that Ford is going to say to thier family? Well we are sorry Mrs. Doe we are not sure why John was in the electrical panel to begin with, sorry we will not pay for his injuries, he should know better. These will be the same managers that told John that it is OK to do it, or if you don't do it John we will take you downstairs for failure to follow insrtuctions. You see more than once I have heard that "he told me to or I'm responicble to keep the line running." Well commom sense should tell them that it is dangerous, irresponcible, and just plain stupid, nothing at Ford is worth getting hurt for. Just by watching a tradesman do something doesn't make you qualified to do his job next time, 4 years of trade school does.

That is one of the many things that is f'd up with your union. The job in the case you describe could of, and was, fixed by someone else in the course of doing their own job. BUT in the uaw way you're supposed to stop working and wait for someone else to come and fix the issue. That's one of the many many reasons why the uaw is dying.

Are you aware that skilled trades involve 4 yrs and 8000+ hours of training? there is a reason for that much the same as you would want the tradesman that wires your new addition on your house to know what he's doing. I'm sure you could get the paperboy to do it for less but you'd probably die in a house fire. A good many of the serious injuries and fatalities that occur in plants happen because someone is doing something they're not trained to do.

Non- skilled or other trades putting their hands where they dont belong, we are having this issue with some scab electricians where I work. They are Jack of all trades master of None.

Will the union do anything nope, we did though.

We have some scabing amongst trades but we have more with FPS now.

Let's see

Are you in the union???

You sure make allot of assumtions, I bet your all for sweatshops too.

If not go worry about prices and conditions at your dumbass Wal-mart job.

There are trades for a reason, people that are not electricians dont go messing with electrical, even though you think you can change your burnt out bulbs at home, people that are not pipe fitters shouldnt open valves they dont know even though they think they know how to turn on there outside spicket at home. People who drive forklifts or carts shouldnt mess with them even though they think they are master mechanic know it alls.

People like you need to get a fucking clue. godamn do you fucks piss me off. Get a fucking life troll boy.

Edited by 05StangAwsomecar

SCAB -

The things I awoke to find scattered all over my penis after that crazy night with the Puerto Rican transvestite hooker.

I was gonna wear a condom, but I figured what the hell - when's the next time I'll ever be in Haiti?

Oh man..... that is way to much information. :do what: